main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No idea. I don't know how regular company interviews work because I've never worked at one.

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    It's an interesting phrase, because it implies that the hiring decision is completely out of the interviewer's hands, which it almost certainly isn't.

Diggy likes this.
  3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I had interviewed with three people total, so maybe it was a group decision and someone else won out.

4. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    that makes sense. It's always a numbers game. You'll get more interviews, and one of them will land an offer.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Aaand now I have an interview Monday with another company. Starting the process all over. Oy.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Looking for a job is not fun. Ten fold when you don;t currently have one.

Maybe you can go and talk to @Zapdos's supervisor and just get offered something.​

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    DarthTunick and solojones like this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    besties, the weekend just started and somehow it's already over. this is seriously unacceptable.

Rylo Ken, Juliet316 and cubman987 like this.
  8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    You are absolutely right, bestie- oh, look, 3-day weekend coming up! Wooooo!

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the coffee shop at work just sold me a moldy muffin. i want to go back to bed.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    By accident or out of spite?

I kind of hope it's spite, because I'd love it if the friendliest, most genial and popular JCer is actually a complete bastard in real life, loathed by all that know him.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i *think* it was an accident. someone else once told me they bought a muffin there that was full of maggots, so it could have been worse i guess. i might need to find a new muffin dealer.

Diggy and cubman987 like this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    aww the lady from the coffee shop just brought me my money back and a coupon for a free coffee. i can't be mad now. i am going to get the most expensive coffee possible though.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    they just brought me another free coffee. apparently i have them scared to death.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No one wants to disappoint tom and his mustache.

So I had that interview today. It was okay, just a screening interview and I was the first person they interviewed. So I guess that's ok?

But I also heard back that I'm still in the running for another job I really liked and hadn't heard back from in a while. So we'll see...

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, Lord, that is a nightmare in real life. God, that would put me off muffins for life, I think. Luckily I just finished my afternoon Zebra Cake because if I still had it now I would definitely throw it away.

Zebra Cakes are terrible, by the way. I always go into a shame spiral after I eat one.

poor yorick, solojones and tom like this.
  17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i had to google zebra cakes. apparently there is a whole genre of little debbie snacks that i was unaware of, which seems extremely unlikely. it must be because i grew up in the berenstein universe.

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    All Little Debbie snacks except Nutty Buddies are basically awful, but the taste of some of them takes me right back to my childhood in such a vivid way that I occasionally crave them. Just so vividly I can recall moments from my childhood.

tom likes this.
  19. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    The coffee shop near me has a special shelf for "day old" bakery goods. I always assumed that meant everything not in the "day old" shelf was from "today," but now I'm not so sure. It's possible that everything not in the "day old" shelf is "more than one day old," say anywhere from 2 to 20 days and longer, depending only on how long it takes to sell. I'm wondering now if I should only be buying muffins from the day old shelf, because otherwise...ewww.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Diggy , tom and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, i think i might be off muffins now. which is probably a good thing as i was starting to resemble a muffin.

Rylo Ken and Diggy like this.
  21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I read an article in the student newspaper about local restaurants that had been cited for serious health violations. I was glad that I have eaten at none of them. Phew.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Makes me glad I don't have enough money right now to eat out.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Good luck on the job search, Rachel... looking for work blows. I got a job slinging marijawanna for a local dispensary--the pay's not great, but hey, marijawanna.

Oh, and I'm moving to the east coast for a year, in August.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Dispensary job, nice! I will definitely miss California's casual attitude towards pot, even if I can't use it (conflicts with meds).

What takes you to the east coast? That's a big life move. It sounds fun!

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hopes and dreams, I suppose.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.