main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Hey Pensivia! I recognise the username but it's been so long, and I've since been under certain treatments, so I don't remember. It's genuinely not your fault though, I must stress, it's mine! I'd love it if you could PM me and catch up, I'd love it! :D

As to your questions, yeah I stopped in Berlin! Where was it you were planning to go this summer? :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Pensivia and Ava G. like this.
  2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    @TiniTinyTony that sounds absolutely disgusting with the guys puking all over.

I have only been to Vegas twice. Once with a bunch of Jccers, we must do this again and then for my daughter wedding, which was much fun. The first time we also saw Cirque Du Soliel Beatles Love and I often listen to that album. I really want to see more of their shows.

TiniTinyTony and Pensivia like this.
  3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    @Chewgumma : I was planning on London and some other places in the UK, and then on to either Amsterdam or possibly some places in Sweden (hubby and I hadn't decided on that part yet when plans fell through). Possibly also to Germany, as I have German relatives and friends there.

I was in Berlin for a week wayyyyy back in '99 and of course, it's fabulous! Where else did you go on this trip?

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have never understood why people of any age would want to get so drunk they puke. That literally means your body is trying to avoid dying of alcohol poisoning.

Ugh. Gross. Sorry you had to endure that Tony.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    @Ava G. where in Oklahoma did you live if it's not intrusive. I was born and mostly raised and still live in the Tulsa area.

Ava G. likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You did? I'm only 24 hours away from there.

7. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Cool! I didn't know that about you. I was born in Bartlesville, and spent a lot of my time living in Afton and Dewey. :)

And you're not going to be in a position to clean up after yourself for hours and hours.

I can't tell you how many times I've embarrassed myself. Karma's caught up to me more than once though and I've had to clean up someone else's disgusting mess.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Can't edit.

But one time we were mixing with fruit punch and we might've eaten ravioli. It was like my friend was literally puking her guts out. Makes me queasy even thinking back.

solojones and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It's been awhile since I've been blacked-out drunk, but that particular instance (a friend's house party in 2013) is part of the lore of said friendship. :p

Ava G. likes this.
  10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Bartlesville is cool; super-cultured town. I know where Afton & Dewey are, but never been to either of them.

Ava G. likes this.
  11. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Story, plz.

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Camping season starts this weekend. Going to the coast, get out and live life.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I have Kids and worked for ISIS too!

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't posted here in this thread in a while besties.

Darth Punk likes this.
  15. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I once went to a party like that. Kid's dad went out of town and he decided it was party time, complete with "jungle juice" dipped out of a styrofoam cooler with Solo cups. The carpets were of the purest white.

I'm sure you can imagine the rest.

Also, welcome back, Internets! How have you been? :)

Pensivia and Ava G. like this.
  16. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Rough. ~sighs and shakes head~

Oh no. Oh CRAP. Poor freaking carpet and the owners! Haha

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've been eh tbh

18. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Awww. I was hoping that your absence was related to having a satisfying life and stuff. So sorry to see setbacks in the life of a fellow Bowen Success Award nominee. :p

Pensivia, CT-867-5309 and Ava G. like this.
  19. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Was your avatar Bono?

20. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I passed through Italy, France and spent a weekend in Barcelona, before getting the train down the coast, to a resort town I spent time in with my grandfather when I was a kid. I spent some time in his favourite pub there on the anniversary of his passing to have a drink in his memory, before getting a bus from there into Paris. :)

Pensivia, solojones and poor yorick like this.
  21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Had too much vodka straight up (and without eating), so from what I've been told, I spent a good half of the party wandering around out in the front yard, spending some of that time putting empty cups & bottles in the mailbox.

cubman987 and Pensivia like this.
  22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Lol. The only time I've been properly drunk is when I was on Europe semester and we were staying at a castle in Austria that had its own wine celler... And well I was with friends and some of our professors, paid for one glass of wine, but the bartender kept refilling our glasses for free as he was walking around.

I accidentally drank a whole bottle of red wine. But was less drunk than some other girls and helped them get back to their beds (luckily, all we had to do was walk up a couple flights of stairs to get "home").

But even though I retained some of my wits better than others, I *may* have stubbed my toe so hard it bled but didn't notice it was bleeding for about five minutes :p Oh, and I had to pee a lot. But that's it.

23. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm new to this thread and feel like I've only seen most of your posts "from a distance":p for years, but I'm sorry to hear that things are "eh" for you right now.

Here, I'll give you an "m" so things can at least move up to being "meh".

(Okay, that was a lame attempt at humor...but I do hope things will start looking up for you soon!:))

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Don't worry, bezzie, lame attempts at humour are the order of the day on the dear old JCC.

Pensivia likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Solo tonight! Who is eh? Who is meh? Who is ehhhhhhcited?

I'm mostly mehcited. :p

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Pensivia likes this.