main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I got very sick once at University drinking red wine. I can still vividly remember the bad taste--old, dusty fruit. It ruined it for me.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Same thing happened to me with vodka. It's been almost twenty years and I can't smell that stuff without feeling sick.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    We can't all be Somalians

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Vodka made me feel like I had the worst flu of my life.

I'm not much of a liquor drinker of any kind now. Just mojitos or margaritas, and not very often on either of those.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

Same, with me... years and years ago, a friend of mine and I were drinking vodka mixed with kool-aid (yes, I know. ew). At one point, we both had our heads over the toilet, and were yakking into it, simultaneously. She and I, somehow, managed to avoid puking on each other, though, which, I guess, was the high point of the evening, Never. Again. The smell of it triggers my gag reflex, instantly.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol.... I killed the thread with my story. I was, like, seventeen years old. :p

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Silly teenage you. You should've had vodka with disgusting artificial flavors-- like "cake"-- already in it!

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I had a couple of bucks I couldn't get rid of the other day, so I bought one of those airplane sized bottles of Smirnoff Green Apple vodka. It was like someone killed a Blowpop and pissed cheap booze on the remains. Cake would probably make me actually vomit.

That said, vodka is totally fine in my book as long as it's Ketel One mixed with a cranberry or tomato juice base the way god intended it to be.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I used to have a problem with Whiskey because one night I drank a ton of it with ginger ale and later vomited--or so I'm told.

11. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Hey super best new friends club thread. So I finally felt recovered enough to sleep through the night without waking up every little whiel to drink water, so I've taken my Mirgaine prevetaties/muscle relaxers/sleep aids (all 1 pill). That was about 40 minutes ago and having not taken them for several weeks their hitting pretty hard lol. I've been starig at my bed a good 2 1/2 feet away from me and legs are simply toooooooo tired to get there.

Also I loved tquila when i was a few years younger, could shoot it till the bottle was gone. Now teh simple smell makes me gag. I miss tquila.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    happy monday besties. SIGH.

13. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    happy Monday! There's still plenty of tennis to look forward to once you make it through the day.

tom likes this.
  14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002

Sorry for that (but hey, Susanna Hoffs).

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    haven't even clicked play and it's already in my head.

harpua likes this.
  16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    It's one of those.

17. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Hey besties! I know it's Monday but it'll be over before we know it. Just have some more coffee.

18. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    When I was a young teen, The Bangles' Eternal Flame was our slow dance number. Where are you, Mina? Fat and old and lumbered with three ghastly kids probably.

harpua likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey besties,

I got rid of my Facebook.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    What motivated that decision?

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Because Facebook is a poorly disguised information gathering site for advertisers and a great way to find out that most of the people in your life are morons.

Or that's my guess, at least.

Debo, EHT, Jabbadabbado and 1 other person like this.
  22. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i celebrated monday by having people over for dinner and then forcing them to eat up all the candy i've got laying around for ages.

23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I check Facebook regularly for news and updates about my friends. And by regularly, I mean once every 6 to 8 weeks.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In ninth grade my best friend and I knew the lyrics to that song; we'd replace Valentino's name with the name of whoever we liked at the time (and hope his name had four syllables or it would get awkward).

I had one of those Mondays where I woke up annoyed but ended the workday well.

As far as Facebook, I keep it so I can find out what's going on with a lot of people at the same time.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Without Facebook I wouldn't be able to make fun of my friend's life choices. Or I wouldn't know who falls for clickbait (those hoping to watch videos of boobs), it's more fun when it's one of my relatives.