main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I was able to get a $1300 memory foam mattress for $500 at a Burlington Matress Factory outlet. Evidently if they have a minor defect like the packaging rips or they fall off a truck at some point, they aren't allowed to sell them in normal stores.

So maybe check out something like that.

Juliet316 and Ava G. like this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd say maybe try that Casper delivery service but what am I, a podcast?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm not entirely sure I really get this joke...but I like it just the same.:p

4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The joke is the Welsh are sheep shaggers. Because there are a lot of sheep in Wales.

It's their New Zealand.

Pensivia likes this.
  5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Ah, right...I see that I had sort of got it. Thanks for the clarification, sj:p

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Afternoon besties! Hope your Sat is starting well.

Mine has been busy painting the bathroom. Again I thought it's be quick, an hour job as it's small, but I forget all the brushwork I have to do before using a roller.
    I think it's done, I hope it's done and all I have to do is now clean and put it back together.

Also, why didn't I do it when I was off 10 days...

Pensivia likes this.
  7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    My job this afternoon is timing at a swim meet, starting momentarily, including 20 heats of 200 free and 20 heats of 200 back.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    decorating , oh god . it always takes 5 times longer than you think , and it always feels like you're nearer the end than you are . and then you gotta clean up .

Pensivia likes this.
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I may close on my duplex soon.... Then have to paint all 1500 sq ft of it [face_nail_biting]

10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    That's my favorite Steven Wright line: "it's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it."

11. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016

~Pours leftover coffee from last night into mug. Stirs in two teaspoons of sugar and a shot of rum. Drops in ice cubes. Crouches down and strokes a cat passing by.~

~Grabs handful of cherries from fridge. Leans on counter, eats and sips. Notices blood-like juice on fingers. Takes a cherry to bathroom mirror and rubs its exposed insides on her lips. It doesn't stick.~

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My house is about that size. I painted the entire place about seven years ago so it’s time to do it again. It took me two weeks of just working on it in the mornings. So I suppose five days to a week of working on it all day.

My motivation is really low when I have a long vacation for some reason and it sucks.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey besties, yesterday I had a pot of coffee (5 cup coffee maker) like I normally do in the afternoon on weekends (3:30ish) and proceeded to feel nervous and irritable. This almost always happens, so I think what I'm going to do is cut down on my caffeine intake some more. I don't drink any kind of caffeine on weekdays anymore (I'll reward myself with a soda beverage on a Friday evening) and leave it on the weekends, so perhaps coffee is a morning ritual to partake in and nothing more?

14. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    That's what I do. Too much caffeine and I have panic attacks.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    @anakinfansince1983 I am lucky in that my mom is retired and will be doing a lot of the painting during the day. I'll join her and really hope we can get it done in a week. I can't get my new flooring installed until we finish...

Lots of renovation stuff to be done. I may not actually move in until September.

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Successfully negotiated at work today to get my normal days off (tomorrow & Tuesday), rather than the split-days that I was originally given. Niiiiiiiice. :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  17. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    My parents' boy cat scratched the **** out of me. I was carrying him out of a bedroom he's not supposed to be in, cuz there's an air mattress in there my brother sleeps on. The hallway was dark, my eyes were adjusting, and I accidentally shut his tail in the door. His tail will be fine. As for ME... someone didn't put the antibacterial ointment back where it belongs! :mad:

18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Besties, the coffeeshop I go to when I want to smoke up is called "Best Friends".
    How about that.

Diggy likes this.
  19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    But are they on a SW message board that doesn't discuss SW

20. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm sure I could get them to,

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi bezzies, so my ten year old is reading Harry Potter, and then we watch each film after she finishes the corresponding book.

She’s nearly finished with deathly Hallows, so we are watching DH Part 1.

Near the beginning Harry’s owl sacrifices itself to save Harry, so I say Hedwig is now Deadwig.

Zoey bursts into laughter, but hates that she finds it funny. Which makes her laugh more.

I love having kids.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Rew, Juliet316 , solojones and 4 others like this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Do it!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    But did she begin with the Greeks?!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Diggy and SuperWatto like this.
  24. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    My now nine-year-old has skipped all the books and has just absorbed the last movie. There's no stopping. Now we're onto YouTube Harry Potter compilations set to Ed Sheeran music.

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Exactly what I wanted to post.

Diggy likes this.