main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Blu-Ray release Yea or Nay?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthPoppy, Sep 6, 2011.

?

New Blu-Ray release Yea or Nay?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2011.
  1. Yea! Already pre-ordered

20.0%
  2. Yea! Will buy it retail

31.4%
  3. Yea! I get everything Lucas releases eventually

2.9%
  4. Nay! Waiting for the 3D super-definitive version

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nay! NOOOO! Made me say No

2.9%
  6. Nay! Happy with my DVDs

2.9%
  7. Taking a wait and see approach....

37.1%
  8. Other (please explain)

2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    You are being dense enough to forget what happened to VHS and the unaltered versions of the movies alongside the format...

2. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Last Saturday I actually went to Best Buy and picked up a Blue Ray player with 20 bucks off the Star Wars Saga. To me the changes in ways bother me but I am not going to bitch and moan about it either. I can see people gripe with the no in Return of the Jedi my only thing I would do is just have him say it once when he lunges for the Empror he says it. The transfer to blue is great you can really tell the diffrance especially in sound.

3. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    I was doing my usual oafing round a wal-mart and noticed the epic Boba Fett poster... so I got the Blue-Rays and with it, A really epic poster of Boba Fett.

4. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Even though I've never bought or desired any Blu Ray's before, I Will definately be buying these. Have you seen the quality of the picture?? *jaw drops*

I must have it. But first i need a Blu Ray Player :p

5. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003

You know the problem with these boards are individuals such as yourself roam these boards with no respect for other fans opinions, you could have stated your point in a much more civil less alienating manner. I am 32 and I am more than happy with the box set and I love the prequels, so their goes your assumption out the window. I would have preferred the Edited Versions along with the theatrical versions on this set, so yes I am for preservation of the originals, that being said I am not going to hate on changes just because I didn't get the original versions. I don't mind the no's when he throw palpatine down the shaft, it was a heavy burden for him to say no to a man who has been manipulating, misleading and destroying everything he has loved in his life since he was a child. Their was no way I was ever going to say no to Star Wars on blu-ray, I want my Star Wars on the best visual and audio format possible they are sitting by my old DVD's, VHS's of Star Wars I never discard a version I bought in the past, that's what makes me a fan!

6. SteathDar

SteathDar Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2009
    My first child is due 23rd November, so I'm going to pretend the Blu-rays are a Christmas present for him/her!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.