main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL New Board

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I just wanted to remind everyone, and tell those that missed it, that we have new forums opened to everyone at the official Orlando System FanForce site. After the debacle that took place here, I know for a fact that there were plenty of us that became sick of the so-called "rules" here that, simply, were unfair and, worse than that, enforced by the whims of "moderators." I quote that because, really, they're hardly moderators of anything and only do what they please.

This new board, these new forums, all but have no rules. I am not saying that you can go there and write an entire post consisting of the "F word," but if you use the word within a post, and it fits, it will not be edited; you will not be given a warning.

Also, you will be able to use people's names there. Now, contrary to what some believe, during the "dark times" that went on here about a month ago, I was not on the side of using someone's full name, address, telephone number, etc. But, on our new, official board, feel free to use someone's first name if you want.

Now, Mike, Dale, and I (we're the ones who have posted and got the ball rolling on it) fully realize that it will take awhile to get the ball rolling on this. We know there will be days at a time when no one posts. We accept this. However, when all is said and done, our goal is to get the posting here to a minimum and make the vast majority of discussion take place over there. We will come here and post how to find our real forums for potential new members. That is not in doubt, but we need to all accept and realize that the current Orlando System FanForce has been "stable" for years now, and new members are few and far between, if at all. TheForce.Net Orlando forum has served its purpose, gotten us together, but it has begun to tear us apart. In no way, shape, or form do I speak only for myself. Because we all know each other, we know of the others who are not posting here as much as they did, a couple not at all.

I have already made the first Star Wars' poll, so go and vote! We already have a couple of discussions going. Sure, it's amongst only three people, but it's a start.

So, go here:

Official Orlando System FanForce Board

What Stefanie started with the original Orlando site, Mike has continued; he has worked hard and done an absolutely wonderful job at it. We owe him our thanks. In no way whatsoever did he need to do this. People that know me know that I would have never spent my time doing it (especially without getting paid!), but Mike did. He did not just do it for himself, but he did it for all of us. When you think about it, it is quite amazing. Stefanie and Mike are the only two that have gone above and beyond to get this group to work, have a central location to go and talk, see pictures, learn about what we do, etc. Do not read that the wrong way. I'm not saying the rest of us have not done anything. Far from it. I'm simply stating that they have spent not just hours, not just days, but weeks, months, and in Stefanie's case, years, trying their best (I'm sure Mike will be "years," too, soon).

So, for those that like the group, go and check it out. If you rather not, let me ask you to do it for me. Sure, I may be fairly misunderstood, but if you have any respect for me or whatever, go there. :D

Again, here is the main site:

Orlando System FanForce Site

And the forums:

Official Orlando System FanForce Board

We *all* hope to see you there!

Brandon

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Sorry to see you guys break off, but I can't say that I blame ya. Good luck with your new boards and may the Force be with you. :)

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I have not headed over there yet, but assuming they're fairly easy to use (like any board), I'm right behind this effort. I'm not planning on pulling out of TF.n just yet, and I think that keeping it around as a billboard for curious Orlando-folk is a must, but I promise to spend some time posting on the new boards in the next couple of days.

Good effort, Mike! I appreciate all your work. -Campbell

4. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I took a very quick look at the board and it seems like it'll do the job. I've not confirmed that it's on Pacific time, but I assume Mike had the wherewithal to make it in a timezone that is nearly irrelevant to our local group, like the TF.n boards.

I'm really keen on keeping the name Orlando System, but on our own site do we want to continue calling it a FanForce? That's a word I've always disliked and I'd be delighted to drop it in the world outside this board here.
    Also, not wanting to exclude anyone that is actually participating, but am I correct that the following people are not at all a part of the current OS? They're listed among our membership on the new site:

Lord_Gita
    RebelCommando
    Ruckus
    SeaTrooper

Sorry if I jumped the gun there. And why am I writing this here and not on the relevant new board? It looks like it's going to take me more time to sign up than I want to spend on it. That'll change very shortly. -Campbell

5. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Hi everyone! I know I haven't posted in quite a while. I went to the new board, registered and tried to post but I was not able to post anything. Is there a secret to it that I'm not aware of? I like the new boards by the way-great job Mike!
    Susan

6. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    This might be a "duh" question, but after you registered, did you actually log in to your account before you tried to post?

That is all I can think of to be honest with you. Mike should have more answers, but just make sure you tried that.

Again, perhaps a dumb suggestion, but it's all that comes to mind.

Brandon

7. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Susan, your registration took, so all I can think of is to make sure you are logged in, because I disabled posting privileges for non-registered users. If you're still having problems, let me know.

L8r

8. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Yes I logged in before I tried to post. I will try again today-if I have any other problems I'll let you know.
    Susan

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I had a similar issue. I was given an error message that said that my registration didn't take- but I tried to sign in anyway and it worked. Minutes later I made my first post and an error message told me that it failed- I looked at the post count, and indeed my message had succeeded.

I think the new server is just a paranoid android that never wants us to get our hopes up that we've actually succeeded anything, but in reality things are going better than it assumes. I shall call this new board Marvin.

10. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    *rimshot*

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.