main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary New Book

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by red-dwarf, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Does anyone know about this?
    I found it on The Force.net somewhere

Vintage Action Figures Guide 2nd Edition?

It appears that John Kellerman's Star Wars Vintage Action Figures: A Guide for Collectors from October 2003 finally gets a much-deserved update:

Star Wars: Vintage Action Figures: A Guide for Collectors (2nd Edition)

According to Barnes & Noble, this book will be available from August 2010 (Frontback Books). It will be expanded from 268 pages to 320 pages, and will sell for $ 99.95

As the title implies, the book focuses on the vintage toys those from the Star Wars classic trilogy, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi (the movies made between 1977 and 1985). It provides the most comprehensive and accurate documentation of these popular collectibles. This is the first book that covers these vintage action figures in such detail and with clarity and completeness. It puts it all together in one volume and is completely illustrated with high resolution full-color photos throughout. This publication sets a new standard for research in this field and will be the reference book for years to come.

Vinny

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Not sure about that book, Vinny, but I'm definitely getting this one!

The Jedi Path
    http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/jedipath/index.html

=P~

3. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    so am I

4. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Thanks.
    FYI I have pre-ordered the Jedi book,....just looks freakin' awesome. (about 30% off at amazon on pre-order.)

The vintage figures book I mention, I find, is issued on Aug 1st.

To anyone who is interested, it is on pre-order at barnes and noble dot com. The retail price is $99....but you'll get it delivered at discount for $77 all in. The first edition of this book is going for over $100 (used) it is now out of print, so for any vintage collector this second edition is a must.

Both books are pre-orderable NOW.
    Vinny

5. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    You can find out more about the second edition of the Kellerman book on rebelscum.com in the vintage toy section. I didn't think the book was coming out so soon, also this book maybe available at C5 if it's getting released in August.

6. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    they both look AMAZING!!!

7. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up on this one!!!

8. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I'm gonna score it too when it comes out. I really like that little vault they make for it. Jedi Textbooks=Cool for school ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.