main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PadmeA_Panties, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    The last book I've gotten was The Unifying Force, and I stayed off the net so I wouldn't be spoiled.

Has any new books come out since then?

2. AnorsWhore

AnorsWhore Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2004
    Survivor's Quest, a few Clone Wars comics, some short stories in Insider. That's about it.

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah SQ is a great book!

Yoda is going to be the main character in a Clone Wars novel so I heard.........

4. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    The Ruins of Dantooine, a paperback based on the Star Wars Galaxies PC game was released in December. The author, Veronica Whitney-Robinson, had a short story in the last Star Wars Insider and it wasn't very good. It was too juvenile for me, with a hardly surprising ending. The writing style was very amatuerish. I can't say anything about ROD because I haven't read it.

Also, Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn was released this month. I highly recommend it, especially if you are a fan of Zahn's other SW books.

5. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    So, as far as "main books", only Survivor's Quest has been released?

Thanxs for the info all.

6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Also check the "books" link on the main page. They are almost always on track with the new books coming out.

7. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    King_of_Red_Lions: Actually, you summed up RoD pretty nicely considering you didnt read it. I thought it was poorly written as well as extremely generic, even for SW. It would definitely have been better suited as a young adult novel rather than part of the regular cycle of adult books. If you didnt like the Insider short Id definitely skip over RoD.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Ruins of Dantooine, Survivor's Quest are the two newest. Cestus Deception will be out next June.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Actually, wasn't the last Insider the Feb. 2004 issue 73? Which would make Allston's League of Spies the most recent short story if issue 74 hasn't been shipped to suscribers yet.

10. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Are there any plans to eventually release all of the Gamer and Star Wars Insider Short stories in a book,a big collection with all of them like Tales from the
    New Republic?it would be so much better than having to search through issues and would certaintly sell pretty well.

11. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Aye, that it would. Especially if they also included all the old Adventure Journal short stories that didn't make it into TftE and TftNR. [face_love]

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Insider 74 has the SS by Whitney-Robinson. I was in B&N today and picked it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.