main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Broken Allegiance behind the scenes doco: ACTORS and CHARACTERS now online.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Vidman, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    Here is the latest in the series of Broken Allegiance behind the scenes documentaries.

"Actors & Characters" web doco

[image=http://www.brokenallegiance.net/BA_actors_char_thumb.jpg]

Due to TFN's latest server problems I have uploaded this one to the Broken Allegiance webspace. Azeem will be hosting it on TFN as soon as the server problems have been rectified.

Enjoy!
    :)

2. VanB

VanB Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2001
    I love it! This is my favourite doco so far.

And in case you're wondering what Ben Fletcher (voice of BA's Darth Vader) looks like, he's interviewed and gives an insight into some of his voice warm up techniques.

Also there's a great interview with Niobe to give Chris Hanel his fix ;)

3. Marchitn

Marchitn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2000
    very cool i enjoyed seeing the actors talk about their veiws on the characters and it was cool seeing ben and how he does vader

his luke skywalker is pretty bad ass to

4. thelovegod69

thelovegod69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    I know this is veering off topic a bit, but how did BA get so famous in the first place?

5. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    JediTAC's Official Review of BA: ACTORS & CHARACTERS

This is my first review of a featurette, so my structure (and length) may be a bit different that what you you have become accustomed to .... but, nevertheless, here it goes:

With this latest featurette, Nick Hallam has, once again, exemplified his dedication and talent in putting together an amazingly comprehensive package - to compliment his now reknown landmark FanFilm, Broken Allegiance. The production level for the BROKEN ALLEGIANCE BTS:ACTORS and CHARACTORS is as good as any featurette I have seen on any professional DVD. As with his previous featurette installments, it is clear that Nick spares no expense for detail and qualilty.

Where the initial FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHY featurette gave us somewhat of a glimpse of the principle actors during various rehearsal sesssions, the ACTORS & CHARACTERS featurette gives us a much more "up close and personal" meeting with the principle performers, as well as the infamous Ben Fletcher (i.e. the "voice" of FanFilms' Darth Vader). Moreover, the interviews, background images and intercut clips really give the featurette an added sense of "celebrity-ism" . . . as if the respective performers are mainstream celebrities (whom we should expect to see at the next televised awards show or feature-film premiere).;) I absolutely love this aspect of Nick Hallam's production style and flare - as it has been consistent throughout all of the featurettes he has presented. Nick does an excellent job at "spotlighting" each of his principle actors - giving them that "star quality" treatment normally afforded only the most notable "big-name" Hollywood celebs. (I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Paul Hooper or Niobe Dean are, someday, stopped on the street and asked for their autographs. Heck, they probably alrady have been).

As for the interviews with the actors themselves, we are treated to a style of presentation that allows us to get to know these people (to a certain extent) and realize their respective motivation and excitement for being involved with Broken Allegiance. The featurette brings us closer to the actors aspeople ... and/or, moreover ... as FANS of STAR WARS and what has become a revolutionary genre - Star Wars FanFilms. It is clear that each actor holds a personal deep regard for what the Star Wars phenomenon represents, as well as for what it means to their Director/Producer - Nick Hallam. Further, depicted within each actor's respecitve interview is the overwhelming respect and admiration each actor has for Nick Hallam's vision, talent and dedication to the project throughout the production process.

In short, the latest offering from Nick Hallam, BROKEN ALLEGIANCE BTS: ACTORS and CHARACTERS, truly earns it's place amongst it's predecessor featurettes. Let's just say that if/when Nick Hallem decides to offer up a Broken Allegiance DVD, compelte with special features (and all of the featurettes), this Reviewer will certainly be in line for the offering. :D

JediTAC

6. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    wow! hat's off, Vidman... that was a TOP rate documentary! very VERY well done!

7. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    It was cool to see Ben Fletcher, he looks like a nice bloke (which I'd kind of guessed already) I don't know why, but I also found it interesting that a lot of the cast managed to lose their Aussie accents pretty well throughout. I suppose if they hadn't lost the accents it would have grounded the movie in Australia, and not that galaxy far, far away.

Nice one.

8. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    VERY nice BTS doc, Vidman.

This makes me want to hurry up and finish M fan film, so I can make a featurette like this one with my own actors.

9. JediCias

JediCias Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    nice nice. im not close to finishing mine, to much choreography for me to be doing.3 minutes and done mine and counting ahhahaah

anyway good job

10. VanB

VanB Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2001
    Nice review, JediTAC! Knowing how much blood, sweat and tears Vids puts into these docos - ostensibly for you guys to enjoy, but also for the dvd he's putting together - it's very cool of you to take the time to assess it in such detail.

I'm sure your copy of the dvd is not far away :)

11. jedi_slayer

jedi_slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Niobe is really hot.
    >>Garrett

12. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Really cool doco, gives a lot of information and I loved seeing the rehearsals.

Garrett, how delicate. :)

13. jedi_slayer

Jan 19, 2002
    Seriously man, she is smokin hot.
    >>Garrett

14. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    No, she's just a very beautiful woman.

~Neszis~

15. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Niobe is... a talented actress. I'm gonna leave it at that. ;)

Seriously though, this was an amazing documentary. The most in-depth I've ever seen for any fanfilm. I definitely want a BA DVD with all the features and bts docos.

16. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    <takes small glove and slaps jedi_slayer across the face>

17. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    I loved this! Very motivating for me! I can't wait to get started on my own!

I guess Chris learned his lesson. :D

Janz

18. jedi_slayer

Jan 19, 2002
    You slap me?
    May i ask why?
    >>Garrett

19. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    This documentary was great. I really was into it... it DEFINATELY had the feel of a professional docu.

And Jedi_Slayer, you don't use a word like "hot" for such a... beautiful woman... she's god's perfection. ;)

Cya
    Mike

20. jedi_slayer

Jan 19, 2002
  21. ThreeDee

ThreeDee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Here's hoping Niobe never sees any of the above...

Downloading the documentary now. (I want it for the content, I swear!)

22. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    DL slapped jedi-slayer becuase he wants Niobe all to himself. You are seen as competition.

Besides DL, I thought you where half way across the ocean swimming to the premiere? I guess you bailed on the idea. Where's your fighting spirit man? :p

23. Pixel_Queen

Pixel_Queen Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Wahoo! Here it is at 3:30 AM in good ol' central United States and I'm posting on this board. Weird. Great documentary guys. And by the way, Daft, what time is it in your neck of the woods?

CRAP, this is supposed to be a PixelMAGIC post. But for some reason, it logged me in as my fiance instead...hummm.

24. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Ahhh, much better.

25. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    It's 9:30 a.m. Pixel Crossdresser :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.