New Broken Allegiance behind the scenes doco: ACTORS and CHARACTERS now online.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Vidman, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, I only wear womens clothes PURELY for comfort. Nothing else. :p

Man, I really need to go to bed.
  2. jedi_slayer Jedi Master

star 2
    Yea lets hope Niobe dosn't see any of the things we said about her...I mean you know how girls hate being complimented on their good looks. cmon give me a break.
  3. ThreeDee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I dunno where you're from, but as far as I know, saying someone is "smokin hot" is going a little beyond a polite compliment.
  4. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, she's pretty attractive, but you act as if she is the best in the world. Granted, she is pretty, but certainly not drop dead gorgeous. Nikki Cox is though...ha ha ha.
  5. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nikki Cox??

Nikki Nutley for me, baby!

:p
  6. WhisperingDeath Jedi Master

star 4
    all beauty and no acting talent (okay sorry sorry)

I really loved these documentaries, very VERY good job with them. I enjoyed going behind the scenes with your film more than watching the finished product. But there was one small question i had after viewing your film...

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR MONEY!?! Dude, your equipment, sets, actual actors, etc. were great! Where did you get the money for all of that?
  7. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    It's not for me to answer but....

Vidman works 'in the business' so I'm pretty sure most of the stuff was scrounged or borrowed. One of the doco's said the film cost $5000 (aussie dollars - about £50 with the current exchange rate ;) )

Just becuase a film looks 'polished' doesn't always mean it cost a fortune. Look at Essence of the Force, a really slick production, all of the crew gave their time and talent for free, so you have a reasonably cheap movie. Contacts, that's what you need, not necessarily dosh :)
  8. VanB Jedi Padawan

Yep, Daft you're spot on.
    Not that it's for me to answer, but as a "close insider" I know that Vids and Citizen X (co producer) co-financed it out of their pocket to the tune of $5000 total.
    Most of the money went on costume materials, studio hire for a weekend and feeding everyone (eg 10 weekends of set building was a lot of KFC). Everything else was "scrounged" ie set materials were donated or foraged from scrap yards or stuff being thrown out at Frankie's (set designer) workplace.
    All actors and crew and the post production team donated their time and Vidman owns his camera having bought it years ago.
  9. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Watches Hanel slap jedi_slayer.

Watches jedi_slayer slap Hanel.

Watches Hanel slap jedi_slayer.

Grabs chair and bag of Cheez-its.

Heck with the fanfilms!

Watches jedi_slayer slap Hanel....

EDIT: Almost forgot. Ya know Vidman. With as much effort as you put into this one film, you make Dave Macomber look like he does nothing but pick his nose all day.

Remembers Dave's a mod.

Uh.. not only a powerful nose, but a hansom one at that. :D
  10. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WOW ... never thought I'd see the day . . .

DaftMaul taking hand in HIJACKING a thread.
    And from VIDMAN, no less. :(

Is there no hope left in the world. :_|

:p
  11. Niobe Jedi Padawan

Garrett you are right - being an insecure actor I need constant reassurance and being a vacuous model it needs to have the subtlety of a sledgehammer... but what it really boils down to is being a girl I take the compliments any way I can get them!

But seriously, thank you everyone for your very kind words and the boost to my ego...! :)

And Chris, (insert fluttering eyelashes, coy smile & the toss of a small lacy kerchief) My Champion of the Gauntlet, thank you for your gallant defence. I tried to respond to your email several times but it wouldn't go through... :(

xxx

Niobe
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/niobe
  12. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa. Uh... did anyone else see that?
  13. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I still can't believe it

:eek:

Carl
  14. Cunard Jedi Knight

star 1
  15. Vidman Jedi Knight

star 2
    ...I think I just heard Chris Hanel scream "woo hoo!" from across the Pacific Ocean...
  16. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And Chris, (insert fluttering eyelashes, coy smile & the toss of a small lacy kerchief) My Champion of the Gauntlet, thank you for your gallant defence. I tried to respond to your email several times but it wouldn't go through...

I REALLY doubt that was Niobe Dean.
  17. jedi_slayer Jedi Master

star 2
    Haha, whoa i didnt even know she had an account at theforce.net..whoa.
    >>Garrett
  18. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Its her 1st post anyhow... fishy...

Carl
  19. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    <Turns>

<Sees Niobe>

<reads post>

....HOLY #$(*&@!

<faints>

-Chris
  20. ThreeDee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, if that actually was Niobe let me apologise in advance, but I'd like to have a moderator compare the IP's of "Niobe" and jedi_slayer...
  21. Niobe Jedi Padawan

ThreeDee - apology accepted!

It's not really strange that this would be my first post, I've never been the topic of such hot conversation (pardon the pun), at least not conversation I had access to...

Is my user name Niobe too obvious to be me? Maybe I should have used one of my many nick names - Niobe Wan Kenobi????

How do you want me to prove it's really me?
    "Help me Carlos you are my only hope...."

;)
    xx
    Niobe
  22. jedi_slayer Jedi Master

star 2
    umm ok why the hell would you compare the ips of me and Niobe? that makes no sense, hell why would i make myself her complimenting that CH dude? you should compare his and hers.
    >>Garrett
  23. link64PD Jedi Master

star 4
    From what Chris tells me, he has Nick's personal assurances that it is indeed her. Good for you man!! ;)
  24. JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Master

star 4
    I never thought she would choose that icon...
  25. Nobody Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't what's more entertaining, the doc or this thread. I did fall outta my seat laughing when Niobe posted. :)

Good documentary by the way.

-nobody
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.