main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Broken Allegiance behind the scenes doco: ACTORS and CHARACTERS now online.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Vidman, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Why did you cast the only guy basically WITHOUT an accent (or, to be more PC [or should I be more Mac?], with an American accent) as the only character WITH an accent (Admiral Okins)?

:p

M. Scott

2. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    To all the doubting Thomas's out there... yes it really is Niobe posting. :)

3. Bob_da_Frog

Bob_da_Frog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    eek

what kind of compression did you use?

[insert random Niobe comment here]

[Insert drool here]

4. ObiWanSpicoli

ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    Boys, Niobe's here, quick look busy.

[puts down Mountain Dew, combs hair]

How may we serve you, our little slice of angel food cake?

5. jedi_slayer

jedi_slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    haha, what??
    >>Garrett

6. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Calm down, fanboys. :p

7. ThreeDee

ThreeDee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Okay, nevermind then. :) I just thought it was rather convenient how she posted and agreed with everything jedi_slayer was saying, but I can admit when I'm wrong.. heh.

8. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Very much enjoyed the doc. Nicely done.
    Very cool to see Ben in action. I always wondered... :)

And it's equally cool to see Niobe posting.
    Right on. Stick around. Be a regular. Sure, we're geeks, but we are the coolest bleeping geeks on the planet. :D
    Edit: Well, most of us here...

9. ThreeDee

May 5, 2000
    Hey, if she can stand the Llamas, she can stand anybody, right? ...right?

*glares*

Er. I didn't mean that! Wait, don't go, I still want DLR #9! Crap...

;)

10. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Hey everyone, I actually got an e-mail from Niobe saying it in fact WAS her. She even started talking to me about the film and what it had been like for her. I know my first impressions of her were great, you ARE beautiful, Niobe, but to get to know the person outside the films is great too. I have no doubt it IS really you because I imagine everything you say fitting in with that lovely smile you have.
    Btw, you can call me Carl if you prefer but Carlos is perfect if you take into account that I'm from Spain ;)

Carl

11. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Okay, if that's really you, Niobe...

[face_love]

12. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    I have to say that it's nice to see a woman in a dominant part in a fanfilm for once... of course, casting is probably because a large majourity of the Star Wars geeks are male, but it's still nice to see a woman in a production. Fighting, no less.

Kudos to the crew of Broken Allegiance for a great production and a job well done; kudos to Niobe for playing a wonderful female character.

13. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes, she is good looking but come on guys get a hold of yourselves! It is sad watching you seem so surprised a good looking girl is talking to you over a text messaging system. Remember we arn't just Star Wars fans but film makers, and film makers get the chicks. Well at least they enjoy making 'movies' with us.

14. ThreeDee

May 5, 2000
    Obviously my subtle attempt to hijack this thread in yet another direction failed. Time to be less subtle.

DLR #9! DLR #9! DLR #9!

15. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    Calm down, we're working on a recording time sometime in the next few days. There's been an unexpected development which isn't my place to elaborate on which may push us back a bit, but we have all the topics and stuff we need to do an episode.

And yes, to keep this on topic, one of the subjects is Broken Alliegence related.... heh heh... Nick knows what i'm talking about. <maniacal laugh>

-CHris

16. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Nice sig. Notice mine? :D

17. Niobe

Niobe Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2002
    Whispering Death - Sorry to burst your bubble but musos and singers (famous or not) get the girls, closely followed by famous actors and then film makers and really old guys with heaps of money get the left overs ;)

But back on the topic. Calis wasn't included in the film to cater to SW geeks -she is actually an integral part of the storyline. It's very hard to get a male pregnant (although I guess they could have made Ruan an alien..?) The audition involved both a scripted piece and a little physical challenge. The call back was a 4 hour physical workshop with Peter Sims the fight choreographer, and 2 other girls. I think I had an advantage though, as I have a blue belt in TaeKwonDo...
    So I'm almost 100% sure that casting involved more than being relatively attractive, isn't that right Nick? ...suddenly unsure of self... Nick? Nick..? heh heh quick change of topic....

Calis was a great character. It's very hard to find female characters that do have her strength and substance - and get to wear all their clothes. This is one of the few roles I have had that I didn't feel that I was there to cater to a male market... Thanks Nick and Suddy!

But that said, I do want to have my cake and eat it too... Little slice of angel food cake.... I like that [face_blush]

xx

18. ThreeDee

May 5, 2000
    DLR #9! D- *smack*

19. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    During the casting process the one thing that stood out with Niobe above the other finalists for the part was her sheer enthusiasm and vigor that she approached the role with. She wasnt scared to get in there and swing a stick around, and really get into it. She also had the look and the acting ability as well to really do the role justice. All those things added together made her a relitively obvious choice for the role.

(Nobby slips Nick a quick 20 bucks... hehe ;))

20. ObiWanSpicoli

ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    >>But that said, I do want to have my cake and eat it too... Little slice of angel food cake.... I like that <<

I hope you all saw that, I made her blush. Mother of all creatures big and small, I have found a signature. Thank you Niobe. Thank you.

21. John_FC

John_FC Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2000
    I'd just like to start by saying that you guys are pathetic! ;)

Isn't anyone interested in the fact that she acted really well?!

Are you all that desparate? <Chris, don't answer that! :)>

john

P.S. Nice work Niobe, it was nice to see good acting in a FF - you in anything else in Melb at the moment?

22. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    film makers and really old guys with heaps of money get the left overs

Wha...? Damn, after all these years and now THAT has been like a slap in the face... What about special FX guys? :D

Carl

23. kryptofailin

kryptofailin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    (Music a la French Riviera)
    Ah, oui! Internet Infatuation!
    'Lectronic L'Amour!

Chris Hanel:
    "Oh Niobe, how I love thee. Let me count the ways:
    10110110101011010100110110101..."

Christopher Hanel, it's been a long time. Let me start out by saying way to go, you chivalrous knight you(Bravely Bold Sir Robin... just joking).
    Niobe, you're talented and beautiful. You're a lucky woman. Just thought I'd insert that, since you mentioned that you need the reassurance now and then. Though I feel that if you ever have any more doubt, all you have to do is jump to the FANFILM FORUM in the future for all the compliments and fans you can stand.
    Back to Chris: Buddy, I talked to Abe so I know pretty much EVERYTHING that's going on, and let me just remind you that before you embark on... <AHEM!> any more projects, not to forget about our very own website that is in dire need of attention. I will, however, WAIVE THIS OBLIGATION, if you decide within the next month to do something totally insane and ultra cool... hop a jet to Australia. I get the feeling... you have "friends" there who'd be willing to show you around. You're young. Would you ever be able to do this sort of thing again?
    SO! Your options are:
    Work on a website or a quick trip to Australia.
    Website... Australia... website... hmmm...

Hey Niobe, did you know Chris rewrote a Billy Joel song in tribute to you?

Steve

24. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    As i've always said, Steve, if someone would be kind enough to give me airplane tickets, i would be there in a flash. :) My own pocketbook yelps in pain at the thought of airfare. And yes, Steve, i'm working on digitalllama.com. DO NOT PANIC. :)

<sigh> You can always count on your best friends to humiliate you in front of women.

-Chris

25. kryptofailin

kryptofailin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    Humiliate you! Not at all! Trust me, my friend, when I say that your pocket book may scream in pain... but you still have a pocket book! This Summer, let me remind you, I have NO INCOME to speak of as a Williamstown Acting Apprentice. You've got a steady paycheck, my friend, and if you just paid attention to some online deals, cut your DVD, Computer, and Mountain Dew spending for a couple of weeks, you'd be on your way. Do you get paid vacations from work? That would also help. You're living at home, so you don't have any rental expenses... man, what are you waiting for, huh? Your only CON factor is your mind. You're a salesman, buddy, and one helluva producer. Don't tell me you can't come up with a cool grand in less than three weeks. Why are you limiting yourself?

Niobe, what do you think? Am I making sense here? You and your enterage would show this boy around, wouldn't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.