main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Eps. 8 & 9 - CAUTION: SPOILERS A'PLENTY!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 30, 2015.

1. SG-17

SG-17 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2017
    But thats Phase 1 armor. Wasn't that all phased out before the end of the Clone Wars?

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  3. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Battlefront 2 Crait and Project Resurrection trailer

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars #40 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    This last part is from this movie?
    [​IMG]

6. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    My god. They're not even trying anymore....that's pathetic.

7. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015

This is amazing. Man, kudos for noticing something so obscure and hilarious.

8. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    She does come across as someone Vader would find insufferable. It would be an interesting and unexpected take and dynamic.

BTW, I love the grand Inquisitor's resentment of her and how he finds her elitist. It adds an interesting nuance. She obviously made him feel inferior by her demeanor and it highlights his insecurities. I almost wanted to see him kill her and then read "every blasted thing" in that archive.

oncafar likes this.
  9. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    What's funny is IIRC the GI is sitting there in one of the recent comics tossing "books" (whatever they are) over his shoulder or something declaring them useless. It's like he doesn't know what materials to look at to gain the "secret knowledge" he craves.

And it's hilarious how he has such a huge grudge against Nu over how she wouldn't let him read the "books."

I just read the most recent one and Nu has made herself super difficult. It's not blunders, it's like she destroys the entire collection, finds a giant gun, I mean all sorts of things. And the GI is in Vader's way so he has to deal with him before he can get to her, but then the droid gets in his way... So it's already proving to be super frustrating for Vader. :)

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This utterly horrendous tracing has to stop. It’s horrific to look at and is a giant middle finger to comic art.

11. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    100% agree.

It's utterly shameful

There are countless artists out there perfectly capable of this job.

These hacks should be ashamed to put their names to this.

Sure many artists use photographic reference for inspiration but this is just lazy and probably plaguerism for that matter.

12. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    100 pages or so in to Phasma. Will have it done by the movie. Good/easy read so far.

13. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    Latest Vader comic is out, when did Jocasta turn into Lara Croft?

kalzeth likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Just finished it last night. I really enjoyed it. Phasma is cold.

oncafar likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Doctor Aphra #15 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cwustudent and Darth_Voider like this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Poe Dameron #22 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Do we keep this thread or do we create another one for IX?

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Marvel's March 2018 solicitations:

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: THRAWN #2 (OF 6)
    JODY HOUSER (W) • LUKE ROSS (A)
    Cover by Paul Renaud
    Variant Cover by Declan Shalvey
    THE RISE OF THE GRAND ADMIRAL CONTINUES!
    Mitt’hraw’nuruodo, better known as Lieutenant Thrawn of the Galactic Empire, has graduated the Imperial Academy with the highest marks possible, as well as been assigned his own personal assistant, Ensign Eli Vanto, but that doesn’t mean that everyone in the Imperial army wants him to succeed. Tensions run high in the ranks of the Empire as Thrawn continues to defeat new enemies.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #13
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A/C)
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    As the Empire’s grip tightens, the stirrings of Rebellion begin in the Mon Cala system. Order must be maintained…a job which falls to Vader, his inquisitors…and Wilhuff Tarkin.
    32 PGS. /Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: POE DAMERON #25
    CHARLES SOULE (W)
    Angel Unzueta (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    It’s the end of an era for Poe Dameron. With the Resistance and the First Order on a collision course and his mission to find Lor San Tekka nearly at an end, the force of Poe’s destiny draws him on toward an awakening…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
    Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #18
    KIERON GILLEN & Simon Spurrier (W)
    Emilio Laiso (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    “REMASTERED” CONTINUES!
    Doctor Aphra is being blackmailed by Triple-Zero to run missions for his underground crime syndicate — but that doesn’t mean she can’t cause trouble and have fun along the way! Sometimes that fun means infiltrating Rebellion training grounds…and sometimes that trouble means crossing paths with famed rebel Hera Syndulla herself!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
    Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    STAR WARS #44 & 45
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
    Covers by DAVID MARQUEZ
    ISSUE #44 - GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    ISSUE #44 - ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    ISSUE #45 - ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    THE REBELLION NEEDS YOU!
    The Empire takes from all of us — our freedom, our dignity, our hopes and for some, even our lives. The Rebel Alliance fights to take back our galaxy from the forces of oppression…but we need your help! Be a part of the solution — JOIN THE REBELLION TODAY!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Hera! [face_love]

Darth_Voider likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So speaking of Rey Nobody, while I was pulling for Rey Skywalker, I am okay with Rey Nobody for various reasons. One of which is the description of her parents "Jakku junk scavengers who sold her for drinking money" and a way I think that works really well with other canon stuff is specifically Aftermath and the descriptions of Rax's childhood on Jakku and Jakku itself in Aftermath which kid Rax knows as a dead place. Lives simply end there, nothing flourishes, nothing lives, it's a wasteland. Bad things happen to people on Jakku. One of which was Rey being sold off for drinking money.

19. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015

Like: The cool era-mixing going on, the fact that the droid starfighters are clearly a new model we haven't seen before.
    Dislike: Poe's face in the first panel. Seriously, what's up with that? Second, the dialogue. "Would you like to witness an execution?" Umm... no, seriously, who just offers that on a whim? I get that Niemodians are stereotypically nasty, but anyone with the least bit of tact wouldn't just offer to show a guest an execution as a sideshow.

20. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Hera!!!! It looks I must start reading Aphra again ;)
    And I love Poe cover on top of Yavin temple? Or is it D'Qar?

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Would be cool if it was Yavin since that’s where he grew up

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Would be cool if it was Yavin since that’s where he grew up

23. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I really need to get into the comic series once I finish the canon books. Have to pick up the Leia book and finish that. Hopefully the Canto Bight book makes the scenes in the movie somewhat better. Reading Phasma and then watching what happened with her in TLJ was just insulting. Biggest takeaway I'll get from that is her armor was made out of.

24. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I do wish the art was more interesting in Dameron. I was unaware but it sure sounds like #25 will be it for the series. Probably for the best. If he makes it through IX then we could get a really good series out of him but right now he is just so static as he has to line up with TFA and doesnt have his character growth until TLJ, which is immediately afterwards.

ManWithoutAStar likes this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Storms of Crait preview
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]