main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Kathleen Kennedy said, in some articles published in January, that the saga episodes are canon and Ep 7 falls within canon and that spinoff movies fall within that vast SW universe GL has created. Now, if spinoff movies, live-action productions, will not be on a par with episodes' storyline (she used very different descriptions for the saga episodes and for, well, something else), what are the chances that some computer animated series serves as a template for resurrection of the main saga villains order that is supposed to be destroyed by the main hero?

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder if Dagobah or the Priestess planet are where the Jedi originated.

3. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012

Heck Dra---, Sith are apostate Jedi anyway. Purposely using opposite methodology. We know their history, and their diversion of Force use. It' s always possible the villain could come from a unique source.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Have to attribute this to CooperTFN on the Lit Board for the genesis of the thought but how about Max Von Sidow as the Inquisitor from Rebels in the ST? Didn't the trades say that a Rebels character could pop up in Episode 7?

CooperTFN and Dra--- like this.
  5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    To add to this info about the Inquisitor, here's what producer Dave Filoni had to say about him in a recent interview:

Quite a menacing and sinister opponent.

Only thing is, since the Inquisitor is a Pau'an, purported to live for nearly 700 years, I honestly don't think he would have aged much in the 35-40 odd years between Rebels and Episode VII. So I kinda doubt von Sydow is playing an older Inquisitor, who might well die by the end of the series. But then again, who knows? That's the fun in speculating.

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Good to remind us of that. MVS could be playing the Inquisitor or he could be playing Ezra or Kanan.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    ...according to EU sources which are now irrelevant.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kanan, maybe, I could see that but it might lock "Rebels" into a certain path. Ezra is like, what, supposed to be 14 or so? add 35-40 years onto that? Eh..... don't think he'd be quite as old by then.

9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe...we had a Pau'an in ROTS though, and now in Rebels. Isn't there some kind of canon info on their age? Circular Logic

10. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Except when they're an asset. It's when they're a hindrance that I would expect them to be irrelevant.

StoneRiver, Circular Logic and Dra--- like this.
  11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Well, we know they're going to dip into the EU for things they like. Pau'ans aren't completely EU anyway. I'm not sure why they'd alter their lifespan...?

I'd think it's likely they keep stuff like that.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The stories themselves are non-canon but the details of the universe, species, planets, etc aren't known yet.

purplerain and Dra--- like this.
  13. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, I got the lifespan from the Wook page, which cites a now defunct Info page from the Wizards of the Coast site, ostensibly since they once made Saga Enhancement webpages for Star Wars Roleplaying games. Thus, the information comes from a source that's similar enough to guidebook, and is a minor enough detail that I doubt they would ignore it for the sake of it. But then again, what do I know? If they so choose, they can make the Inquisitor look visibly aged, but as an alien with a relatively unknown physiology, all we have to go by is the citation on the Wook page.

Also, if we ignore every little detail from non-movie, non-TV sources prior to 2014, then the amount of official reference material regarding movie characters, aliens, backgrounds, and settings would be relatively scarce. The EU was very thorough in giving us fans so many myriad details that filled in the universe brought to us by the films. I assume that the policy going forward is to merely overwrite events and some details related to the passage of time (like the Big Three all having this child or that), particularly after RotJ, but I doubt they would go out of the way to change every tiny bit of outside information on characters and races that appeared in the films or TCW.

You can choose to discard stories that may interfere with the story you want to tell going forward, but why fix something that ain't broke, just for the sake of it?

Fastback, TKT, StoneRiver and 5 others like this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Concerning the upcoming Rebels trailer: my DVR is showing that The New Yoda Chronicles is NEW on 9:00-9:30 PM EST on Saturday on DISHD, then it is a REPEAT on 7PM on Sunday. You think the Rebel's trailer will air on Saturday?

15. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    It's going to air on May 4 at midnight PST. Here are a couple of preview clips from the trailer, posted in the TV forum, for those interested:

From the SW YT channel:

Have at it!

16. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Looks really cool. So excited for it. Love the animation and voices!

The Inquisitor looks like a real ****.

17. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Don't know why, but I'm looking forward to that show more than I did for TCW, and I saw that movie in the cinema.

I'm excited.

Dra--- and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well the problem with this that it makes Bane's achievement all that much smaller. Granted Revan gave him all his ideas but if the Rule of Two was always true then what did Bane actually do?

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I didn't mean to imply that Bane didn't create the Rule of Two. What I meant to imply was that all pre-Bane Sith organizations quickly self-destructed.

20. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well yes, that is true. Hence why RoT was necessary. Funny thing is, quite the many Banite Sith tried to do away with it. Supposing we will see Sith around it will be interesting to see how they are organized. BUt unless we have lots of Jedi, having many Sith would be a bad idea. 4 Jedi winning against 10 Sith means the Sith degrade to cannon fodder status.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But in context, the reason that line was uttered in the show was because two darksiders not in the official "two" had set themselves up as the would-be "true" Sith. This could be seen as a precedent of a different sort.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Rules were meant to be broken.

Fastback likes this.
  23. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Tell that to Sidious :p

purplerain likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets