main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    He's dead Jim.

Also, I think it's all of the black series, not just the 6" line.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Pls no more Boba revivals. [face_plain]

TheManFromMortis and T-R- like this.
  3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm a fan of revision and expansion of the GFFA -- stories must grow or they risk becoming threadbare. I'm looking forward to what Rebels might add to what we think we know. The OT does not offer us an omniscient narrative, or God's eye POV, into the GFFA. So it's wrong to assume that whatever we saw there was the whole story.

And again: a force sensitive being does not = Jedi. Jedi are highly trained individuals with a highly defined ideology they follow. Ezra certainly does not fit the description of a "Jedi" yet, and neither does Kanan, who probably never passed the level of Padawan and who has lapsed from the teachings he did have. Kanan would need someone like Yoda, Luke, or Kenobi to officially declare him a Knight or Master for him to really be considered a Jedi in the sense that Yoda uses when he tells Luke that he's the last of the Jedi.

No contradiction there either.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Very interesting description of TCE BC episode Sacrifice in this month's SW Insider. It says Yoda will travel to Moraband (I thought it was spelled with i but apparently it's spelled with an a) and there he will face an ancient evil determined to rule the galaxy. Who is this ancient evil and how does he intend to rule if he's dead? Perhaps it's the Sith Lord who created the rule of two formally known as Darth Bane but who the heck knows what he or she will be called now. It stands to reason whoever it is though will be some kind of Sith spirit and we'll finally get an explanation of how Sith ghost and this of course could have a huge impact on the ST.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks for using this thread, guys. :D

6. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, this is a huge addition to the Saga's metaphysics.

Gotta be Bane. But it just goes to show Sith have a longer shelf life than some would like. I love it!

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I can see them sticking with the name Darth Bane since he was created by Lucas.

8. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I was thinking this too. Darth Bane was mentioned in both the TPM novelization (which is where he was first named) and an interview with GL (although he wasn't named there).

9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    And it's one of the better sounding Darth Names.

10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I hope it's Bane because I think he's by far the most interesting 'Darth' outside of the films.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    In the trailer, it looks like Yoda is dueling Sidious.

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    When I first saw the trailer for the Clones Wars stuff on Netflix, I got a bad feeling about what was going to change in the "new canon".

Then I realized this:

The things Yoda does are referred to as "trials". If this is the case, the things we see him battling in the trailer are likely, or at least possibly, creations of the Force much like Luke's encounter with Vader in the cave. It starts to make a little more sense to me when you consider this is, perhaps, part of Qui-Gon's training for Yoda.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That's exactly what I think.

It would explain why it looks like Yoda is battling Sidious. For all we know, Yoda could end up battling a string of Sith Lords; would be a fantastic way to establish a line of Sith Lords into canon.

14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Maybe Yoda finds out the identities of all the Banite Sith except for Sidious, and decides to look into who Hego Damask was connected to.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Apart of me hopes the finale drops a potential hint of villain in the ST.

16. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Just ruminating (a good prequel word) about the idea of who this Adam Driver might play. They keep referring to him being a villain in the vein of Darth Vader. Most people think that will mean physically but I wonder if it refers to him as a person with a rise and fall story. Looking at the character of Ezra in Rebels, makes me wonder if it will be his character that Driver will play. It will depend on how far past ROTJ it takes place, since his 14 when rebels takes place. I know big shot in the dark.

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Seems too young to play a 40-50 year old Ezra in the ST?

18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    If so, don't expect him to be the same Bane we saw in the books. This is LucasFilm we're talking about and of course, there's all of this.

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I've always preferred the Bane in the TPM novelization, so that's the Bane I want to see if he appears.

20. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Keep in mind that Ian McDiarmid was only in his 30s when he was cast as the Emperor in ROTJ (Palpatine at his oldest). So this could totally happen. Age doesn't mean much in Hollywood.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    So you're saying Ezra will be evil and look all wrinkly? I spose that's possible.

Interesting if they turned the young hero of Rebels into the ST villain. [face_devil]

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Maybe Oldman could be Ezra?

The Hellhammer, Diggs and Dra--- like this.
  23. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    As unlikely as I think this is, Anakin was the hero of the clone wars and became the villain in the OT, so Ezra becoming the villain would explain the Driver villain as "in the same vein as Darth Vader"... and they have the same nose...

Dra--- likes this.
  24. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Too much time passed for an edit of the previous post...

I just read the following tweet from Leland Chee:
    Leland Chee@HolocronKeeper 3 Std.
    Thank you @dave_filoni @MattLanter & Tom Kane for a thought provoking Q&A. People will be debating these eps for years to come. #YodaArc

Very interesting, I guess it is a sure bet that this arc and therefore Moraband, Dagobah the Sages (Whills) and maybe even Qui Gon will play a part in the ST...

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    QG makes more sense in a spinoff, but otherwise agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.