main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    There's people who don't know anything about Star Wars except that a villain named Darth Vader says, "Luke, I am your father." to a hero named Luke Skywalker.

2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not really sure what you're point is there? That Yoda is one of the most popular/iconic Star Wars characters, across a broad demographic and across numerous platforms/mediums, isn't a personal attack against fans of Luke, Obi-Wan and Jar Jar. I like Luke Skywalker too.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Vader says "No, I am your father" - he doesn't name Luke ;) :p

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Since Lucas himself handed down the Yoda arc to Filoni and company, doesn't what was shown and said in the arc make it seem that Arndt's script with a lot of Force Ghost action is different from Lucas' view. Maybe that's another reason he supported JJ and KK. Their version is closer to his intent even though both were based off of the same Lucas treatments.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think you guys are forgetting that this arc was written before the Disney deal. None of the episodes were made by the TCW team with any knowledge of the story of Episode VII. I don't think we can place too much stock in these "hints."

Darth_Pevra, Apophis_ and TheBBP like this.
  6. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I saw nothing in the TCW episodes that would have anything to do with Episode 7 anyway. It would seem that its sole purpose was to tie up loose ends from the PT; Sifo-Dyas, Qui-Gon's voice in AOTC and his reference in ROTS, and more of what Dooku's role was in the whole grand scheme of things.

Very nicely done, and of course anyone can try to read into things, but that's what I saw.

7. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    It's difficult to say, but I would guess that something that Lucas was creatively involved in (in terms of story and narrative) 12/18 months ago (in this case TCW) is possibly more likely to inform/influence the ST than the actual films he worked on 30 years ago (the OT). Conjecture of course... but I'd say it's very likely that some of the more philisophical elements of the Yoda arc will be present in the ST (assuming Lucas's influence is strong).

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The "victory for all time" (or whatever that line was) hints towards an overall conclusion of the Star Wars saga, something that wasn't quite clear at the end of RoTJ. But the Yoda arc was very metaphysical, with a lot of philosophical theories - Nietzche's chaos in oneself and Sigmund Freud's dark side of human nature. ST might touch on these themes and the idea of individuals must find balance within themselves in order for the galaxy to be balanced (which is, like, uber deep).

What I liked the most was
    the last Jedi Grand Master confronting the founder of the modern Sith Order. Unknown to them is both orders will be destroyed by the end of RoTJ; yet, I think it does hint that, like the Jedi post-Clone Wars, the Sith will always exist in some form or another. There fates are not separate and relay on each other to survive.

StoneRiver, Immortiss, Dra--- and 4 others like this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Honestly I tend to agree. Two of the arcs in the Season 6 stuff were great (Order 66 and of course Yoda), but I don't really see any of this as having that much to say about what we'll see in the ST. Having said that, though, I do think that a Yoda Force ghost in the ST would be both welcome and not surprising to see.

StoneRiver and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Nicely put... :)

T-R- likes this.
  11. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    Well, he confronted an illusion. So if you call that confronting, I suppose. :)

If anything, what may have been "hinted" at was the we may see a bit more of the netherworld aspects of the force, but that's something that I think a lot of folks around here are already banking on. It would be fun.

Immortiss, Trebor Sabreon and Dra--- like this.
  12. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think it will probably be more subtle, but no less signifiact, than what has been alluded to e.g. what the force is, who governs it, to what purpose... and the role of the force ghosts..

Immortiss, Trebor Sabreon and Dra--- like this.
  13. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree that these episodes didn't have much to say about Episode VII but they did tell us a few things about what George was thinking about Yoda, force ghosts and Dagobah two or three years ago, which is probably around the time that he was plotting his sketches of the ST. How much of his original ideas from back then make it to the finished ST is an open question.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yoda's origin and back story was a closely guarded secret by Lucas, apparently.

15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I agree.

Well we still don't know his origin or backstory. Just how he learned to be a Force Ghost.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Most likely Yoda will be the first to have a stand alone movie.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    *cough* Sidious *cough*

T-R- likes this.
  18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    As good as TCW was getting, I don't know if I would have wanted more. At least in that period of time in the galaxy. I am excited to move on to Rebels and see what that brings us.

19. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    Agreed. I feel like I got all I wanted from those last 4 episodes. :)

I'm pretty interested in what Rebels has to offer with E7 on the horizon. I plan on making it a regular daddy-daughter date-night.

Force Smuggler and T-R- like this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If every single sapient life form in the galaxy "finds balance within themselves", meaning that nobody is a Palpatine, then the Force will be in balance? Well, that would be (trivially) true. But a balanced Force quite clearly would not depend on such a thing. The Force was in balance before it went out of balance, and when it was in balance it wasn't because literally everyone in the galaxy had found balance within themselves. There are always going to be hordes of "unbalanced" people.

The source of the imbalance in the Force is the Sith. You have to do something about the Sith to resolve the imbalance. If you don't get rid of the Sith, you can find balance within yourself all day long, but it won't matter because the Force will still be out of balance.

Iron_lord and EHT like this.
  21. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012

It would have felt complete if Maul's arc was tied up in this, and not in a comic. And I would have preferred it to lead right into Episode III.

The last few episodes were great and were a nice end to the series, despite my qualms.

Immortiss, TheBBP and Mystery Roach like this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Was just reading Dave Filoni's "thank you" on StarWars.com

At the end he writes:
    Echo is a clone who supposedly died in the rescue of Master Even Piell from the Confederate prison. I am wondering why he is calling it a "spoiler". Will we see more clones later on in other media? Rebels? Ep 7?

Am I reading too much into it?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Domino Sqaud lives!

TheBBP likes this.
  24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I wouldn't read too much into the arcs as far as Episode 7 hints are concerned. That's something that can be expected from Rebels maybe.

Other than that, I just have to say that after this series I have a tremendous amount of respect for all the Clonetroopers. They are definetly one of the best pieces of the series and I am somewhat disappointed we won't get to see more of them.

25. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Does that sketch of Echo kinda look like Lobot to anyone else?

InterestingLurker and Darth PJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.