main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I would say the answer to that question is pretty obvious.........

T-R- likes this.
  2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    he is afraid of Vader but you think it is because they are bloodline. Father and Son. But Luke did not know that

3. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I wouldn't even say that it has to do with Vader being his Father, but instead that giving into his hate and striking Vader down would lead him down the path of the darkside.

T-R- and JediMatteus like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Yes as predicted Lando will be back on Rebels:D
    I got the chance to speak with Billy Dee last night one-on-one to talk about his return (full interview is coming soon), and he confirmed we'll see Lando again. He said he's been working with the Rebels crew for a year or so and when I asked him bluntly if we'll see him again in Star Wars Rebels he responded: "Yeah! There's more adventures with Lando coming up."
    He seemed enthusiastic about the role, adding: "They keep calling me up to do Lando, and I love Lando, so I don't mind! [Note that this comment is in regards to OTHER voice-work he's done for the character and not just Rebels] As long as the fans keep responding to it in a positive way, they'll keep bringing [Lando] back..."
    So there you have it. If you want more Lando, you're gonna have to keep asking for it and make it well known to Disney/Lucasfilm that his presence is wanted! At the least we can look forward to seeing Lando in future episodes, though details on when and how, he wasn't able to discuss. Guess you'll just have to keep your eyesopen!
    http://www.cinelinx.com/tv/item/7066-lando-will-be-back-for-more-star-wars-rebels-adventures.html
    Jordan Maison @JordanMaison 17h17 hours ago
    B/C some people are really interested in whether or not actors have seen #TheForceAwakens trailer, Billy Dee Williams has NOT. #StarWars
    I say give Lando his own show.:cool:

5. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Eh... I'm indifferent to Lando coming back.

6. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    every show needs a cool black dude :)

7. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Considering Lando lives on a patch of land practically next door to where the Ghost usually parks for the night, it's not exactly surprising Lando will be back. I hope he's not overused...

...but now I'm kinda hoping Han shows up for an arc, eventually, and we'll get to see what reason Lando had to be upset with Han in ESB. Back in the day, I used to think it was just about Han winning the Falcon from him, but the Han Solo Trilogy showed that there was an actual betrayal that happened when Bria Tharen stole all the riches from the smugglers' alliance to help fund the Rebellion, and the smugglers blamed Han.

Obviously that's out the airlock now, but maybe... in my mind, if they keep Han from being too involved with the Specters, and maybe have Han, Lando, and Hera and/or Kanan involved in some plot that takes them off Lothal (please!) and Han proves to be everything Lando called him in ESB, that might be nice... but show that Han either had valid reasons of his own or was backed into a corner when he double-crosses the others...something that, after the heat of the moment, can be forgiven & forgotten. And then Lando strikes it rich and leaves Lothal, bound for Cloud City and buying himself a barony or whatever :p

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    One character I would like to see in Rebels at some point is Biggs Darklighter.:D

Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Um he's on Tatooine until like a year or so before ANH. Why would we see him?

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    o_O
    do they ever even say when he leaves Tatooine in Canon???
    I said at some point, it could be when the show gets closer to IV in the time line.
    and it's a pipe dream so what????:p
    ;)

Dra--- and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I imagine it would have to be fairly recent to ANH with Luke not being too happy about not being able to go.
    Possibly.
    Touche.

starocean90 likes this.
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I just feel like since he died in Episode IV, something like Rebels (closer to IV) might be one of the only ways of seeing more of the character.:)

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Maybe other minor characters like Dak or even Porkins?

shingi_70 and starocean90 like this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    or even Wedge.:D

15. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    You guys...ISSUE #2 COMES OUT IN 4 DAYS!

AndrewPascoe, TheBBP and Dra--- like this.
  16. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Is there a way to get Rebels On Demand? If so, please include. Sorry if it is really easy, but I can't find it.. is

17. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Wonder if they will show the Falcon then

Dra--- likes this.
  18. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014

Can't wait!

19. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    This is the year of Star Wars, folks. I'm growing more and more ravenous for new Star Wars content. With the Star Wars issues coming out monthly, in tandem with the Darth Vader comics, Princess Leia comics, and all the novels and Black Series figures...wow, what a cool time to be a fan.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm actually feeling a bit on the opposite end of the spectrum. The first Marvel issue was disappointing (in my opinion, of course) compared to what Dark horse was putting out, the novels have slowed to a trickle, and the 3 3/4" Black Series is in dire straights, hardly releasing any new characters and having distribution issues (not to mention the price increase and Hasbro really cheapening all of their lines). Honestly, the last two years have really bummed me out with the Star Wars decisions made. I'm hoping the hype machine really gets rolling soon and truly brings Star Wars back to the mass market as it seems like most merchandise (other than the million sales of the comic) isn't exactly lighting up the registers.

21. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014

The only reason I'm not keen on having Han on the show (and I've said this on a different thread) is that Rebels has served as a great alternative introduction to the Star Wars universe, as opposed to the original trilogy. It also makes sure not to undermine any of the moments of discovery (so far). No green lightsabers in Rebels so the Luke surprise is still poignant, no physical Yoda to keep his identity a surprise, and no talk of Darth Vader's identity. I think most people agree including Luke in Rebels would be pointless and would definitely lessen the impact of his introduction in ANH. But Han similarly has a fantastic introduction in that film where we learn a lot about his psyche in the following 15 minutes or so. Lando's inclusion of Rebels works so well because, going into ESB, it would just be a fun surprise to see him and a new viewer would be in the same seat as Han; skeptical of Lando's intentions. The only main character from the OT who was kind of pre-established is Leia which is why I wouldn't mind seeing her on the show. It wouldn't take away from her first appearance in the OT.

Carrie1138 likes this.
  22. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Ordered a copy of #2 today. Can't wait!

starocean90 likes this.
  24. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    With regards to the Rebels episode with Lando in it. I thought Lando seemed to be quite one dimensional. He always seemed to be in suave mode. I never saw him, 'concerned' 'angry' 'frustrated' etc. Billy Dee didn't seem to change the tone of his voice once. It was just 'slow and smooth' throughout. That bothered me slightly but whatever. And as for that stupid Pokemon looking pig thing! Lol ;)

25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    from FPJ's twitter
    [​IMG]

TheBBP, jabberwalkie and nightangel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.