main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Seems like it is too soon for someone to die. I knew that we have had a full season, but it seems so short like we haven't known these characters very long. Hera and Sabine are great characters who really deserve some fleshing out.

Chopper though... He can get spaced. They still haven't made me like him much lol.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Force choked by Vader,
    "You have failed me for the last time Agent Sideburns."[face_laugh]:p

3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    "A Kessel vlogger caught your murder of that trooper on film. I'm the only one who gets to slaughter employees without official permit."

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Also "Fall" doesn't necessarily mean Some one has to die, it could mean a Fall from Grace....

may be either Ezra or Kanan Turn to the dark side?

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Inquisitor's there though - and he's already on the Dark Side. What would a "Fall" mean for him?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    say The Inquisitor turns Kanan or Ezra to the dark side that is basically what I am talking about and then they could be inquisitors in training? or if you mean how can the Inquisitor fall from grace, may be he fails miserably and is on Vader's bad side and has to go into hiding for a while?

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It would be a bit of an anticlimax given the advertising though.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

That would all depend on how it is done.

I was very surprised that Tarkin has shown up so soon in the series and now Vader (who I didn't want to know about in advance - damn you star wars.com:mad: )

So obviously things are going to get shaken up in an epic fashion - Vader doesn't cause ripples, he makes waves ;)

11. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    When the Inquisitor says "At last, a fight worthy of my time.." I can only think Ahsoka has shown up. He wouldn't say this about Kannan, because he has fought him a couple time already, and he certainly can't be talking about Ezra, I shouldn't have to explain the whys of that...

I can only conclude that Ahsoka is there, and is possibly the one that falls.. Filoni will finally be able to give her the send off that he missed in TCW, probably by her dying saving the crew of the ghost.

I just can't see it being Kanan, at least not yet. From the heroes journey standpoint, removing the mentor just to have another mentor right there to replace the fallen one, doesn't make sense.

I know, I know, there was Obi Wan and Yoda, but there was time in between (years) where Luke was forced to carry on the heroes journey by himself, which is why the mentor dies, it forces the hero to carry on by himself.

If Kanan dies, only to have Ahsoka take over Ezra's training right away... meh...

12. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    God help me if they bring that silly Ashoka character from Clone Wars.

Rebels has been great thus far - much better then that over bloated Clone Wars crap.

13. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I think he IS referring to Kanan, he probably was toying with Ezra... in their last little melee Kanan seemed to be getting the upper hand then allows himself to get captured... but if its Ahsoka dope!

Dra--- likes this.
  14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Why not the BIG BAD? I'd love to see Vader hand that pompous trout his rear end...

Toonimator likes this.
  15. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012

I cannot think of any scenario where the Inquisitor is openly happy about the thought of fighting Vader, not to mention it doesn't make sense.

Possibly! Ezra is holding Kanan's lightsaber in the one shot. We are missing a lot of context obviously!

Dra--- likes this.
  16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Why not? He's an ego driven 'bad assed' trout who would LOVE to 'prove' his worth - Fan service to see Vader in his prime too...

17. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012

It's just my opinion that I just don't see a scenario where they fight, and the Inquisitor is happy about it. Vader is just going to be there for fan service. At least that's my opinion.

18. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

Asoka became a great character if you watched the last 2 seasons of TCW

19. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    Did Disney accidentally let a huge spoiler get passed them...

[​IMG]

That's Ezra squaring off with the Inquisitor... Is Kanan dead?

Probably not. I think there is a lot of misdirection in this preview. It seems they are playing up Kanan's situation. The flashback of Kanan and Hera kissing, Ezra using Kanan's lightsaber, Kanan announcing he would rather die then give up information. So i really don't think it's Kanan that's going to fall....

Could be wrong though...

20. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    They won't kill off Kanan.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    @Iron_lord

well after seeing this still from the episode on this sites main page I am beginning to think I know who falls?,

[​IMG]

22. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Interesting. If the Inquisitor is the one who "falls" then maybe he'll eventually become replaced by a different Inquisitor?? Inquisitor is supposed to be a job title as opposed to the guy's name, right?

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    They won't kill off Ahsoka either.

Inquisitor or Kallus.

24. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Why not ? He is essentially obi wan and Kor Skywalker

25. starocean90