main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Not really. It's simply a Jedi who's willing to go further but not completely cross-over the line.

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Most Jedi live on that line. The responsibilities of Jedi live on that line. There is not room for much more. IMHO, "Grey Jedi" is a copout for those who want to do darker things but don't want to be called "Dark".

Now, this does not go to say that the Jedi Code that Yoda and company taught is that line. But still, there is not a lot of wiggle room. I mostly speak in terms of personal relationships. I believe that the Order was too hard on them.

I know, starocean90 and jabberwalkie like this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so Leia #1 tomorrow.[face_dancing]

4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I remember when people used to call Qui-Gon a Grey Jedi...

IMO, the only Jedi that are properly "Grey Jedi"--if any--would be the Imperial Knights. They were a lot more hard-nosed than Luke's NJO, tho were still committed to not going dark--and to turning back or killing the Emperor should he ever fall to the dark side. Ahsoka shares one big trait with them with her white blades (okay, technically Ostrander & Duursema said the IK's blades were silver, but that's kind of a tough light to depict unless you shaded a gray glow around the bright central blade; usually they were just shown as white blades in most of the comics), but that's just cosmetic--we don't know how 'dark' she could get, yet. Urging the Specters to sacrifice Kanan is no different than what Yoda tried to do with Luke in ESB, after all.

It's possible Ahsoka in Season 2 may have come up with something else to call herself besides "Jedi" or "unaffiliated Jedi" or "Force-user"... I'm not sure if that's something Filoni & Crew have considered, but of course it's the kinda thing we think about. They could always continue the tradition of mining old abandoned drafts for ideas & concepts, and have Ahsoka say that in her travels she found stories of other Force-traditions and liked what she found and is now is a Bendu or something--I think someone may have already suggested that term for her in one of the threads. It would be nice to get something official besides the vague "Jedi-but-not-a-Jedi" or "Force-adept" variety. We're humans, dammit! We must have labels to put on things! :D

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Catherine Taber voiced Leia on Detours (not Filoni).[face_devil]
    I don't know a press release to announce Gellar tells me it might more than a one shot.;)
    actually it's both FPJ and Tiya Sircar that say that we will be surprised by both voice actors and characters appearing in S2.:D

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    News flash: Dave Filoni doesn't know. Guess what? We don't know, either. Why don't people listen to Dave Filoni? I guess they're too busy talking over and/or past one another, rudely. Now that's pathetic.

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014

:confused:
    Are you talking about me???

8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

DF does know, he is privy to all of that info. He needs that knowledge to move forward.

Dra--- and jabberwalkie like this.
  9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Silly Dave, playing coy.

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Not necessarily. He might know they have to do something in that respect moving forward, and he might have a very broad idea, but he might not know the specifics. With Ahsoka, they knew they had to write her out somehow, but according to Filoni, he and Lucas went back and forth about whether or not to kill her for a few years, with Lucas firmly on the "kill Ahsoka" side and Filoni obviously winning out in the end.

11. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    I for one am glad that Filoni fought hard to save Ahsoka. George Lucas hasn't had good ideas in a long time. I personally would like to see Ahsoka live on past the events of the Original Trilogy. Maybe even show up in the Sequel Trilogy. But if Filoni does decide it's time for Ahsoka to die in Rebels by the hand of her former Master, so be it. I guess it would be a more appropriate time for her to die. But I hope it doesn't happen!

12. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm looking forward to seeing Kanan in the special of all special editions of Return of the Jedi, when Luke and company bump into him on the Mon Calamari Cruiser, Roger Rabbit style. Of course Kanan and Co. are in contact with Bail Organa, only a degree of separation from Leia, and Luke can't be far behind. Ahsoka puts them in direct connection to Vader and Kanan knew Obi-Wan and Yoda. At this point they're right in the thick of it. Will that remain the case? Does it make sense that they are hanging around in the background in ROTJ on a secret mission? Maybe they worked with the Bothan spies to get the intel that Palpatine was overseeing the construction of the DS2 personally. Or is there an event at some point in the narrative, connecting the OT, that is cataclysmic to force users on both sides (Kanan/Ezra/Inquisitors) that indeed limits the numbers of exceptional force users by that time?

Hey, Vader built Threepio and Yoda and Chewbacca go way back, so anything is possible.

starocean90 - No, Sir (Ma'am?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOBBRA and starocean90 like this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Immortiss likes this.
  14. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
  15. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I thought so. One never knows, so I didn't want to offend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starocean90 likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Some people are both.

starocean90 and Immortiss like this.
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    What's important to understand is Filoni is saying that Luke being the last of the Jedi is open to context. He's saying Sith think in absolutes; hence, people who think Luke has to be the last Jedi are like the Sith. Not open to more than one context.

So a member of the Story Group is saying the OT narrative is not absolute. It can be revised. This is the first step away from the old canon. And if you're paying attention, the canon has already been revised on the show. Yoda calls Ezra Kanan's apprentice. Yoda never says either of them aren't Jedi. Kanan calls himself a Jedi. The logical implication is clear. Yoda thinks of them as Jedi. He never says, Oh no you need to pass such and such a test. It's all very clear unless you're trying to be willfully delusional. That's a fact. Just because you don't accept a fact doesn't mean it's not a fact.

The last hope for the OT purists is Kanan and Ezra die before ROTJ, or for some reason Ezra doesn't become a Jedi Knight. He's currently a Jedi apprentice (to Kanan, who else?).

Also please ask yourself why Filoni even bothers to bring up the idea that Yoda is simply trying to encourage Luke when he says he's the last. Think hard. Harder. It's not because he plans on retaining the old interpretation. If he was, he would just say, Yep, Luke is the last. But he doesn't. If you're intellectually honest, the truth is obvious. Luke is not the last. But we already know that from the OT. Remember Leia? She could have been trained if Luke died. Why not?

jabberwalkie and TheBBP like this.
  18. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Not only that, but since Kenobi and Yoda were force ghosts by that time it stands to reason that it would have to be another Jedi that was living at the time to train Leia. Unless we are going to say that force ghosts can appear and train them as well.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yarael Poof will prove to be last man standing in the entire galaxy. Luke was just Obi Wan and Yoda offering equal opportunity for social productivity to that poor farmer kid.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Why not?

If you watch the Yoda arc of TCW, they make it clear that Yoda is being given the gift of immortality so he can keep the Jedi Order alive.

Why couldn't a Jedi ghost train Leia? We see they're quite chatty with Luke.

EDIT: Immortiss

Don't act so high and mighty. You're pretty rude and pathetic in the way you talk about JJ's approach to SW and his filmmaking in general. And it's hypocritical to insult someone people respect and expect to be treated respectfully yourself. That's another fact.

starocean90 likes this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if they even wanted to train Leia in the first place.
    "If Luke dies, meh whatever we got a backup.":cool:[face_devil]:p

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I just point Leia out because the OT already proves itself that Luke is not the last Jedi candidate. This whole debate is absurd because Luke never really was the last even back in the 80s.

But you're correct that Yoda might have went with Ezra had Luke failed.

starocean90 likes this.
  23. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Or he is just trying to keep open the possibility that they live so it isn't a foregone conclusion that they die as some might assume.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm proud to be a Sith. ;)

Dra--- likes this.
  25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    which is why Yoda in the OT in my opinion is a jerk and you are right, Luke wasn't the last in fact if Luke had failed Yoda/Kenobi were prepared to train somebody to take his place, "I find their lack of faith disturbing.".o_O

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.