main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Star Wars #4 Preview
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Loving that :)

starocean90 likes this.
  3. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I took the Ashoka "hope for the Jedi" line in that article more that in a time where the Jedi had become increasingly aloof and merely pawns in a power game, she maintained morals and humanity while keeping to what I believe the Jedi were but had been lost. When she left the order I imagine she didn't abandon the belief system, just the dogma surrounding it and will play a vital role in the shaping of any future force users. In that way, yes I'd say she is a hope for the Jedi despite not technically being one.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Jabba's eyes look like they're going to burst out of his head.

5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Can anyone say "Ahsoka spin-off"?
    (She leaves TCW series and turns up in REBELS... how many years inbetween? There's a story to tell there)

6. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I completely love the artwork in pages 2 and 3. Cassaday's depiction of Luke is brilliant. I disliked the artwork in the first comic - it seemed flat - but this series just seems to get better and better. The colours, the line art and the story telling - it's fab - makes me VERY VERY happy!!!!! :D
    I think Aaron and Cassaday are on fire.

Yes I see that too - it's the only bit I can see that stands out as not quite perfect. Still, I prefer the inks and color of Jabba in this issue compared to the first issue.

nightangel, starocean90 and Flapjack4 like this.
  7. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    I just hit chapter 24 of Heir to the Jedi.
    Nooo Narkari

8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Kinda disappointed to see Leia return to that outfit & hairdo. Mix it up some more! And while I love Luke's Yavin outfit (well, the yellow jacket's a bit much, but in general) it's okay to have them change clothes--frequently! Let's see Han in a jacket, or in a blue shirt. I know Mon Mothma wore a gown in ROTJ, but Leia doesn't need to revert to gown-status when not on a mission... she's no longer a senator, after all. She also doesn't need to always wear white. Despite the lack of many costume-changes in the movies (in general), these aren't superhero outfits or even military uniforms for the most part--we'll recognize Han in a brown coat with a red shirt and a--wow, that Firefly reference was entirely unintentional. Um. Well, you get the idea, tho (plus brown jacket/red shirt is what Wedge wore in part of the Phantom Affair!). Leia can wear green and we'll still know she's Leia. Han doesn't need a vest all the time.

9. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Well, maybe she could be a defector?

Nah... Realistically she is going to be a bad guy.

10. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Seriously cannot wait!

starocean90, HanSolo29 and TheBBP like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I 100% agree with you here.

12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Possibly; we don't even really know much about her role in Lords of the Sith. There could be a character she's in a romantic relationship with in Rogue One, or she could be a relative of a character in the movie, as I said. Her role may not be limited to "villain" alone, with nothing else defining her, and so her sexuality could be pertinent to the story in some fashion (if she's a parent of one of the leads, for instance--even if being on the opposite side of the war--then that's a natural way to introduce her sexuality in the film, because she'd likely be one of two moms to that character...maybe the moms split because one couldn't stand the Empire anymore, and took their child with her, causing even more conflict within the family). The main point is "we don't know".

Joanne2108 likes this.
  13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm buying up the DARK HORSE OMNIBUS books. The out of print books are rapidly rising in price. Time is NOT on my side, Mick.

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i don't know if you have but i'd try getting some used on amazon. you can get amazing deals.

Amazon.com: star wars dark horse omnibus: Books

Luke'sSeveredHand and Immortiss like this.
  16. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks. I own 17 of the 35. I try to purchase the best 'Like New' copy from second hand sellers through Prime. Tales of the Jedi, Vol, I (I have Vol. II) is now $35. out of print [face_sigh]

17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Pretty Cool Piece.:D
    [​IMG]

Vader #4
    [​IMG]

Leia #3
    [​IMG]

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've had the opposite experience with the two volumes. I got Vol. 1 at my local bookstore and still have that copy today but my local bookstore didn't have Vol. 2 so I ordered it from amazon and the copy that I got from amazon ended up falling apart.

Force Smuggler and Immortiss like this.
  19. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    VOL. 1 Good/fun?

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love it all although many hate the first two parts. The first two parts cover the Great Hyperspace War, in which the Republic and Jedi battle the Sith species. Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh are the main Sith Lords.

Immortiss likes this.
  21. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Anybody seen the new Rebels mobile game they put out?

22. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    I downloaded it but haven't sat down to play it yet.

I finished Heir to the Jedi and thought it was better than most early reviews made it out to be. My only real complaint was I felt the ending was a bit too abrupt and there should have been a chapter or two for an epilogue. I just the first servants of the empire book as my secondary reading on my kindle so I should be starting that on my ride home from work.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Review of Star Wars : Darth Vader : Vader Part III
    It was an enjoyable but short issue 6/10 :)
    +Vader was as always awesome in this issue
    +Nice art
    +I'm hyped for Vader's return to Geonosis :D
    +The droids are awesome :D
    -I did not like that Indiana Jones rip off :mad:
    -The issue was so short and nothing really happened in it

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Of course, Phil Noto. Gorgeous. He just posted his
    I will not be surprised if he's put onto a Star Wars book given all the covers he's producing now.

25. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Lol

Never has Vader looked so much like Anakin :p

He looks kinda like he's sitting in the Emperors chair waiting for him to come back like a naughty bored kid. Poor Ani.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.