main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    An older Anakin in TPM would have helped the love story come across as more believable from Ep I to Ep II as well...

Satipo, AndyLGR and Toonimator like this.
  2. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Anakin being Obi-wan's padawan at the start and having the Tatooine part be a kind of 'homecoming' for him would have worked great.

LunarMoth and AndyLGR like this.
  3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    No, I still think it was important to have Anakin start off as a regular person. Just would have been better if he was roughly Luke's age at the start of ANH (or the age of the kid in Ender's Game, at least - come to think of it, that kid would make a great Anakin if the PT were to be rebooted right about now...). Part of what bored me about AOTC and ROTS was the super-Anakin and super-Obi-Wan thing. There just wasn't much organic growth there, apart from Anakin being angry about his mother's death.

Satipo likes this.
  4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    You have to remember though that these kind of relationships are reduced to simple beats within a 2 hour SW movie. When you look at the moments Luke and Han spend together as 'buddies' or the moments of potential romance between Han and Leia, they are relatively brief (in Han and Leia's case they seem to fall in love out of thin air).

I agree that it was probably important to establish Anakin as a non-Jedi, regardless of his age... and I think that the Anakin/Obi-Wan relationship we all kind of imagined was less in AOTC (but obviously Lucas had to establish the antagonistic master/apprentice relationship) and only briefly there in ROTS. My view has always been that the best balance would have been to have EP1: Anakin becoming a Jedi. EP2: Anakin and Obi-Wan as equals/friends. EP3: Their relationship sours. As it stands, we only really get to see their relationship, as equals ("good friends"), in ROTS for a brief moment before it sours... Still, as I say, Lucas is consistent with his characterisation through I-VI... everything is condensed/reduced into simple beats.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  5. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    I'd say Lucas was playing safe in the PT. The OT left us with many unanswered questions. At that point the Force was available to everyone, there were no midichlorians that would limit one's ability to learn the ways of the Force, and with Luke being clearly too old to begin the training in TESB, how come he's their only hope? There are billions of potential Jedi out there, why did they put all their hopes at some farmboy? Yes, it's all explained in ROTJ, but that, in a way, explains Lucas' decisions. Besides the fact that a nine-year old boy radiates more innocece than the 14-year old, at the period when there are thousands of Jedi wandering around the galaxy, it's easier to squeeze a nine-year old into the order than the 14-year old... Even if he were the Chosen one or whatever.
    Luke's story isn't logical, but it's a movie so you can overlook some things. Also, Luke's story was told in three movies so it required faster pace. Anakin's story spans for six movies, therefore Lucas had the liberty to start with him as a child.

6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Finally watched the finale of Rebels. Not sure if this should be spoiler or not in case anyone hasn't seen it......

But I was surprised that The Inquisator died at the end, however that clearly then set up the introduction of Vader. It was nice to see Bail Organa make an appearance too. I was surprised that Fulcrum was Ashoka.

Overall it was a decent first series, I enjoyed it, even though there were some hit and miss episodes. Hopefully they can expand on the scope of the series moving forward, the same planet seems a little too small scale.

7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    AndyLGR

In the Rebels Recon behind-the-scenes video, someone does say that there will be more worlds visited in Season 2 and the cast of recurring charters will be expanded to.

Also, the actors have already recorded twice as many episodes.

8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Thanks for that. Having seen the last 4 episodes this weekend it kind of explains why it was localised to one planet, as they didn't want the cells being aware of each other. But now they are then maybe it will show the rebellion coming together. By the sounds of it thats what will happen going forward.

CGI-BOBAFENT and Hoggsquattle like this.
  9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    AndyLGR

Yes, is the way they did it.

I'm curious to know though if the plot of sticking to one world with no knowledge of other Rebel cells was always the plan, or if that plot was a result of the limited time they had in producing the first season.

That Rebels Recon video also has some concept art of new supporting characters and vehicles.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I cant wait for a certain someone to come into rebels next season.

11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
  12. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Hondo? They already confirmed him appearing next season.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Porkins?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know that's why I said I can't wait.

15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
  16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I think that's how the series trajectory is going to work. You start small on Lothal, and as their "cell" connects with the broader Rebel alliance, you gradually widen the aperture of their world. That's how a good fantasy story usually proceeds, and I find it pretty satisfying.

Yup. Apparently prior to the initiation of his weight loss program.

17. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I saw the Rebels finale twice, and both times I:

Got major goosebumps when Chopper came back with some Rebel Blockade Runners. The Rebel Alliance is here!!

18. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    If only...!!!

Satipo and darklordoftech like this.
  19. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    Man were only a mere three weeks away from the treasure trove of Star Wars news.

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Er..who are those people?

cwustudent likes this.
  22. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    Probably an annoucment of another round of Clone Wars episodes. Only this time Disney gave Lucasfilm the go to animate them fully. It might be right after the Kaiber Crystal arc but before revenge of the Sith. A nice arc that tells Ashoka's immediate aftermath and leads into her appearing in rebels season 2.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  23. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Voice actors. Phil LaMarr was Green Lantern John Stewart in the Justice League/JLU animated series (no need for "Daily Show" jokes, the host of that show is Jon Stewart, not "John"), Samurai Jack, a bunch of voices in TCW and Rebels (including Bail Organa in both). Matt Lanter voiced Anakin in TCW, and others. James Arnold Taylor voiced Obi-Wan in TCW, among others. Ashley Eckstein voiced Ahsoka Tano in both TCW & Rebels. If I'm not mistaken, Diedrich Bader is in the background there, and he's known for The Drew Carey Show & Office Space as well as a ton of other roles, live-action and animated (on that front, he was Batman in Batman: The Brave & The Bold)

24. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Oh. Uh, thanks!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

They won't do that and have all that in 4 episodes I hope not anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.