main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    He's a filmmaker that gets story, gets effects (both practical and digital), has a clear visual style and has a very independent view to filmmaking.

TK327 likes this.
  2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm not sure he will based on comments he's made on Twitter, but I guess it's one thing to say no know hypothetically and another thing to turn down a concrete offer.

3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Moon was great; haven't seen Source Code yet. I think it's great that Duncan Jones has made a name for himself completely apart from Bowie, but I'd be surprised if he didn't have an independent view of filmmaking, given his pedigree.

4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Moon is brilliant. source Code is good but not as good imo. He'd be a great fit for SW though.

Dra---, Darth PJ, TK327 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Aye, I think that's true... There's lots of things that need to align for any director to take the gig, let alone directors who already have their next couple of films planned out.

Satipo likes this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Hopefully Marvel hurries up and gets Tatooine out of its system... Next thing you know Kanan will wind up there after escaping the current world he's on during Order 66.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    We'll know for sure when his Warcraft movie comes out next year. That will likely set a precedent for his ability to do big blockbusters. Moon was fantastic, so I'm hoping his style translates well to larger productions.

As for Trank, I'm relieved he's leaving the project if the rumors of his behavior on the F4 set are true. Star Wars doesn't need that kind of bad publicity.

cwustudent and Artoo-Dion like this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I was just going to say, Kanan is the only SW comic series that currently hasn't had Tatooine in it. I honestly expect it to show up at some point. :p

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Leia comic has it?

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Read Leia #3 and I have to say, I'm not that impressed with the issue. I feel like the Leia miniseries went down from each issue since the first one which I liked. It makes me really glad it's only a miniseries and won't be prolonged. I do hope if they make another Leia series one day that they come up with a better story.:)

jedinightwing and nightangel like this.
  12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    On the cover for #4 at least. Of course that doesn't mean it's in the interior pages, but still... I'd be thrilled if they could avoid it for the rest of the time between ANH & ESB.

13. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I recently subscribed to all of the comics, I got SW4, it's really disappointing.

Honestly just feels like someone is rehashing bits of the OT.

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I really really hope that we get comics outside of the between IV and V period, we got
    -SW
    -Vader
    -Leia
    -Lando
    all in that period, the next 2 comics seem to be between VI and VII, I would like to see the next comics be either between
    -I and II
    -more TCW unadapted arcs.:D
    -like Kanan between III and IV
    -between VI and VII

15. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I would like to get comics between V and VI, since this such an interesting time for Luke. ;)

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    would love to see that but for some reason, I doubt we'll get it as long as the SW comic is running, it could be that they plan on showing that period in SW comic or a Sequel to it.[face_thinking]

nightangel likes this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah, I really hope so. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I thought I read that Marvel is reprinting select comics from the TPM period. Do you know if that's correct? If so, that would make them canon again, right?
    Since the SG dumped Shadows of the Empire, I want this period covered soon.

19. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Marvel is reprinting a lot of Dark Horse and indeed first-gen Marvel material. All of it is being labelled "Legends".

Toonimator and starocean90 like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends_Epic_Collection:_Rise_of_the_Sith_Volume_1
    This is the one you are thinking of. In Sept. It's non-canon.
    There is a Dark Times and ROTJ era one as well.

21. wasoha

wasoha Jedi Knight

Mar 24, 2015

I think it still looks alright with a thinner Rebels saber!

What I like most about the rebels saber though is how the glow itself looks. Especially in the prequels, the "glow' looks more light a solid band of color around the blade. In Rebels, it looks much more realistic to the eye. A white core with a translucent glow with a blue tint. It looks more like a glow actually being emitted by the bright core rather than just an artistic decision. If such a thing were to actually exist, I think they would look more like this.

22. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Comic wise, I think Marvel should do an ongoing series set between Episode I&II about Anakin's training, title it "Anakin and Obi-Wan". A lot of great potential stories in there! I'm kind of getting a burnout of the OT era with the new canon. The PT has much more interesting and diverse characters to focus on. With the OT, it's always Luke, Leia, or Han, characters I get bored of easily. I'd much rather see a series about Qui-Gon, or a Maul continuation, or an arc of Grievous pre-cyborg. So many years unexplored now, whereas with the OT it's more or less the same with the characters we know. I mean, I do love all the books and comics we've gotten thus far, but just to keep focusing on one little time period, it's a waste. We got the Old Republic era we can explore, the PT, events between V and VI.

But again, I guess they're building up the galaxy in a certain way. Right now I think Lucasfilm wants to fill the gaps between III&IV and IV&V.

23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Disregard.

24. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    September 4th is when our wallets are really going to hurt:

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that Star Wars: The Force Awakens products will land in our galaxy on September 4, 2015, at 12:01 a.m. — “Force Friday” — with stores around the world opening their doors at midnight for a special celebration of all things Star Wars. It will be a day long remembered.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...roducts-to-arrive-on-force-friday-september-4

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Make sure you buy some stuff, or they might find your lack of spending disturbing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.