main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Jedi News was saying that it was David Oyelowo...
    And The Hollywood Reporter got all of the Rebels cast members right...
    ...but he's the only one that they haven't announced yet. So he's either not going to be in Rebels, or they're waiting until the Episode VII news before they say anything.

So he would be my first pick. And in Rebels he could be a young Jedi that Kanan knows or something, and then play the same role in Episode VII; at 40 or 50 or 60 years-old depending on when Episode VII's set. It's a stretch, yeah...

Other than that, Ezra would be my pick. And they say that "fans will see the rise of the Rebellion through Ezra," so he would play the role of introducing Star Wars to the kids whose first exposure to Star Wars is Rebels. And then bring him back for Episode VII. And you can strand the Ghost on a planet ala Phantom Menace and stick him there for a few years to get through ROTJ, then bring him back.

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Might midichlorians be retconned in these TCW episodes in some way so that they'll be less important to the ST?

Dra--- likes this.
  3. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It's not really semantics... unless, as I stated earlier, we're willing to call other examples a 'contradiction' e.g. "I am your father", "a kiss for luck", "Leia is my sister" etc. I do understand where you are coming from, but those examples are not contradictions or plot holes... at worst they are contrivances designed to help writers expand plot points, create drama or turn original ideas around. If Dooku had been killed in TCW, then his appearance in ROTS would be contradictory or a plot hole. But as it stands it can be explained quite easily. Of course the inference in ROTS is that the last time Dooku/Obi-Wan/Anakin duelled was in AOTC, but just like Obi-Wan's explanation of Anakin's death (ANH), the original intention and or inference becomes redundant (like it or not) when an alternative is provided/suggested.

InterestingLurker, Dra--- and Diggs like this.
  4. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I suspect we won't hear the name mentioned again, just as it wasn't in the OT.

Pro Scoundrel and Dra--- like this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think it's quite possible that we'll get an apology of sorts in one of the cartoon shows.

Dra--- and purplerain like this.
  6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I prefer to think that the whole midichlorians bit was a bit of a hazing joke Qui Gon did to Obi Wan.

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You can rest easily because they will never ever be mentioned in a feature film ever again.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My midichlorian count is tingling!

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Especially considering that we got a dramatic apology for Maul's death.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

That's a pretty bold statement. I don't think anyone can make it with any amount of certainty since none of us know what the story for Ep. VII is much less all the stories that will come in the future.

Darkslayer, Immortiss, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Bold? Maybe. But it is something I am 95% certain about.

This is Disney. They don't act as irrational and whimsical as Lucas. We need to get used to the new stile.

12. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    One thing that could link the Sequel Trilogy back to the Rebels series: If the EU character "Mara Jade" survives the "EU purge" and will be Luke's wife in the sequel trilogy, then I am sure that we are going to see a young Mara Jade as the Emperor's Hand in season two or three of Rebels and vice versa: if we see her in Rebels, the she will be in the movie.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    It allows them to start over without the Korriban baggage associated with it. People would be complaining every time they changed something. Now they have a clean slate to build on.

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Keep in mind that Mara is getting a Black Series figure. Black Series is reserved for movie only characters.

Oh, on the topic of contradictins, let's not forget about Maul surviving TPM.

15. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Anakin does.

And what "ordinary" people called Anakin master or Obi-wan master in TPM? Doesn't Dooku call him master Kenobi? Is he "ordinary"?

And as I said, we're nevre realyl told what it takes to become a Jedi Master.

16. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Padme isn't ordinary, but she called him "Master Jedi" or something along those lines.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Sio Bibble in AoTC.

TheBBP likes this.
  18. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    It's just the 6-inch Black Series figures that are reserved for movie characters (and mainly from the Original Trilogy), right? And the Mara Jade one is only a 3 3/4-inch, which anybody can be in.

Anyway, Mara Jade seems like a character that they would keep in name only and what's the point of that. And it was Jedi News that had that Mara Jade in Rebels rumor which sounded like something a fan came up with and not like something that would actually happen.

Of course, I could be wrong. (And I hope and pray that I'm not.)

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I think that you are right. Darth Plagueis is also making the 3 3/4 line.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/s...s/evg/Darth-Plagueis-The-Black-Series-18.html

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But the difference is Plagueis will be in a movie. :p

Darkslayer, Immortiss, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  21. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    There is a difference between a Jedi Master in rank and a Jedi who's a Padawan's master. Obi-Wan in AOTC was only a Knight but he was still Anakin's master. I know it's all explained in one of the novelizations.

22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I guess you're not one of those who believed Boba survived the Sarlacc then? ;)

T-R- likes this.
  23. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Thats true, though he is corrected right away. No one is corrected when they call Obi-wan mast before Anakin is done training.

24. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    That is because you don't mess with The Kenobi.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Had Abbadon is already a planet and oddly the Jedi Order's origins link to the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.