main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I know just saying that those old Netflix Bane rumors could easily lead nowhere plus the talks of him in Rogue One is from a source who's credibility is unknown concerning SW, it came from Bloody Disgusting. As for reusing sets from the films that was the rumor since March/April in order to save money and make them more cinematic.

I am curious if this rumor is true what the 3 shows would be and in when during the timeline.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    KOTOR. Not Revan's story, but Zayne Carrick. Retell it, etc, don't be beholden to every little detail--take the basic characters & some of the motivations, the framing of Zayne for the slaughter of his fellow Padawans by the Covenant, and go from there. Sow the seeds of Revan & Malak & the Mando Wars perhaps, potential for later movies (with bigger budgets to handle the bigger battles). Could be fun.

Of course, if they're all meant to tie together and lead into the ST or Anthology films set in the Saga era, that wouldn't work so well... but if one series can be a bit disconnected, KOTOR-era is kinda where I'd like to see it go. You get a Jedi Padawan who's not a very competent Jedi at all, a con-man sidekick (tho he'd argue over who the sidekick really is), etc.

A Rogue/Wraith Squadron show (or both!) could also be a ton of fun. Something Underworld-y, too, perhaps...

3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    They could probably redress the sets for any era between AOTC and TFA. I personally want a show set anywhere between ANH and TFA. Something Imperial would be even better.

If they have the budget for quality animation, a post-ROTJ Luke series would be my dream.

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I honestly did not recognize you with you Slurm avatar.[face_laugh]
    I'm fine with any period, would be cool to get one for each period, one PT, one OT and one ST or will they do like Marvel, 3 shows all in the same time period and then do a Miniseries crossover...

as for the post-ROTJ Luke, do you mean like TCW quality or even higher???

5. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I know the name "Nik Sant" isn't really canon now, but no... Nik Sant isn't Rex. Rex has a white beard; Nik has a very pale blond beard. He's Old Man Rock'n'Roll, transferred over from GIJoe:RAH, not an old clone captain with surprisingly pale skin.

6. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm partied out. All I want is to stay home and rent videos and watch them with a few friends. Is that so much to ask?

Yes, but I'll accept Rebels-level animation as an alternative in a pinch.

starocean90 likes this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I hope the animation quality of Rebels increases from S1 by a lot and that no future SW show looks like that.[face_whistling]

8. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Rebels animation was solid imo.

Krueger, Dra--- and cwustudent like this.
  9. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    TCW season 1 looked pretty sparse and cheap, too. I think it's a function of how these shows work, that the style gets refined and more assets get added as time goes on. Hell, for a hand-drawn show, look at Simpsons season 1.

I know Netflix has done some anime. Have they done any CG shows?

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I though TCW season looked ok but didn't feel the same about Rebels S1 and a good chunk of animated shows look great from the beginning it's not always a thing about more time vs initial.

as for Nextflix I think their CG shows are the Dreamworks ones, King Julian , Puss and boots and Veggie something.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Knights of Sydonia is cg I think. Most of the characters look pretty generic. I actually barely remember the series. They added another season recently though.

12. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I've seen a couple of episodes. The CG is cel-shaded, which is presumable pretty cheap to produce.

Heh, there's an idea. A Netflix-produced cel-shaded faux-anime series taking its cue from that fan-made X-wing vs. TIE Fighter anime short.

El_Machete12 and starocean90 like this.
  13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I remember when Lucas and Filoni were playing with a post-Order 66 show about the younglings from S5 TCW on the run. That's too dark for me, but I'd enjoy following a group of Jedi students. Like, the Hogwarts side of the Jedi Order. Animated, of course, bcs I don't enjoy live-action sci-fi/fantasy programs.

El_Machete12 and starocean90 like this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I could see them do animes for SW, there are 5 Marvel Anime TV shows and 2 anime movies, plus there was a Stitch anime so Disney owned properties have been made into animes before.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  15. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I would be interested in a series about the Underworld of Star Wars and one about the Knights of the Old Republic.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  16. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    An Obi-Wan Netflix show, it just would make too much sense!

Budget wouldn't have to be too high because it'd be mostly set in a non-CGI Tatooine desert, and could have a gritty, western tone following his struggles adjusting to a lonesome life straddling the line between leaving his Jedi ways in secret and also protecting the folks of nearby towns like Anchorhead and Mos Espa from Hutt gangsters, sand people, and more.

Plus consider the fact that Ewan has wanted to reprise his role for a while now, a show would perhaps be even better for him since he needs not look any further than shows that are critically acclaimed in the Netflix line-up such as House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Daredevil, all of which are up for emmys.

Most importantly, a TV format can really explore his psyche in intricate detail, and can give a deeper look into his training to join the netherworld of the force.
    Also think of the beautiful vistas a full season can give us!

Add in an awesome supporting cast of new interesting characters (maybe some allies he makes, or a runaway Jedi who finds him for help) and returning ones like Cad Bane, Darth Maul, ghostly Qui-Gon, a now grumpy Uncle Owen, and whatever else the Star Wars canon has to provide, and you got yourself one heck of a show already.

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I do like the idea of a Kenobi tv show but I would like him to have some off world missions too could be interesting seeing how he acts in the open Galaxy. I would also add Jabba, bounty hunters,, scum and villainy, Imperials maybe even have flashbacks with younger Kenobi and even Kenobi during TCW (would be cool if it also included flashback Ahsoka as one rumor claimed for the movies), and finally a young Luke. One thing is necessary in any Kenobi adaptation he needs to face one or more times Darth Maul, their lifelong rivalry started back in Episode I and Maul killing Jinn/Satine along the way only fitting their rivalry finally ends in the last possible time before Kenobi dies in IV at the hands of Kenobi.

Plus fact is Ewan almost did an HBO tv show back in 2011/2012, so he isn't against tv projects.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I forgot to include flashbacks in my post, I think those should be included as well, such as ones that range from happy memories, such as growing up in the Jedi Temple and learning from Yoda and Qui-Gon, to also nightmarish ones, like a Clone Wars sequence where all his men are dying around him (imagine a very bleak war scene, maybe a WWI -esque scene set in a trench but instead of dead soldiers it's fallen clones and padawans, with ruined AT-TE'S everytwhere). A good in story reason for them would be for Obi-Wan to let go of his past and his anxieties to try and focus on becoming one with the Force or some such thing.

starocean90 likes this.
  19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    how about a live Action SW Droids tv show with R2 and 3PO set between III and IX or VI and VII?[face_laugh]
    and one an Ewok one staring Warwick as older Wicket set between VI and VII.:D

20. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Model the Obi-Wan show on Kung Fu starring David Carradine, including flashbacks to his training as a youth.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It's going to be Underworld. Rumour has it, also, 1313 game is to be resurrected too.

If true, I suspect the two will be connected.

22. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Don't forget Holiday Special Part II

Can't wait for Carrie to lead us in song again.

cwustudent and starocean90 like this.
  23. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

if this is true then :y:

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope so. It fits in with Disney strategy of profiteering of the OT era whilst shaping a long awaited post-RoTJ universe.

25. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    If they do make starwars netfix shows I hope they release them on DVD. I'm still waiting for Daredevil to get announced for a dvd release for season one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.