main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    Lost Stars was awesome, easily the best of the bunch so far. I like how it takes new characters who are actually interesting and interweaves them in a believable way throughout the scenes we know from the movies. I hope the author gets a chance to write more SW stories because she did a great job

Star Wars: A New Hope The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy was pretty good too but Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back So You Want to Be a Jedi? was AWFUL..reading Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Beware the Power of the Dark Side! next.

2. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005

That cover is...beautiful.

I've been only buying comics digitally for the last few years, but I'll make exceptions. This will be one of those.

3. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Greg Rucka Shattered Empire Interview
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...empire-comic-book-exclusive-preview/73447402/

nightangel, Darth_Voider and IG-13 like this.
  5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Interesting, I agree, the two articles complement each other, even as they contradict.

But I guess that overall, I agree with Chuck Wendig. As an example, a Facebook friend of mine was asking for where to start with the EU, and, with the disclaimer of the "non canon" status, I recommended that she start with the companion novels to the prequels (shadow hunter, cloak of deception, approaching storm, labyrinth of evil, Dark Lord) while also reading the pt novelisations and rewatching the films, and only then moving into the new canon - it's possible that eventually novels will revisit the events around specific prequels, but I'm guessing they're in no rush to go there, and that Lucasfilm will to some degree be happy to see certain aspects of Legends being exactly what the name implies: a broad strokes, useful guide to what happened around significant events in the various eras, that will to some extent be "canonised" by occasional references to events. I don't see Legends as being a jettisoning of everything, more something that HAD to happen for their to be a sequel trilogy, and which allows them to narrow the focus for a time

6. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005

Awesome. The fact that Rucka is such a SW fan just make me want to support all of his work, even outside SW (I have read a few of his Marvel books).

I have no doubt the characters are in good hands with him at the helm.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  7. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Yay. So I think this will be the moment in his comic where it's hinted that Leia now knows who her real mother was.

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's interesting he says
    so Leia will start having a major role from Issue #2+ in a story about Poe's parents, are they heading towards her taking in Poe (adopted/foster) if his parents die.:p

9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    so Luke will play an important role in Shattered Empire or a minor role? Could it be that the route starts that Leia takes over as the more important one of the 2? [face_dunno]

starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    no I think it goes back to that August interview where they said that can't have Shattered focused on Luke which could mean they have something planned for him post VI(animated/comics something) but most likely after VII is released. Which if you recall said that he would love to have had been able to focus on Luke post VI but it wasn't his mandate.

nightangel likes this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    ok and I hope you are right. :)

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    if only 'Aftermath' was as entertaining as that article.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if anyone is interested in this long long panel video.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  15. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    boogie2988 is streaming the battlefront beta on twitch right now.

16. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    It's a lot more entertaining for me than Lost Stars so far. Lost Stars seems like an equivalent to a high school book that all the sophomore girls would be in to. Now I'm not too far into it, but that's cuz I can't really stand it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I don't know, to me for a guy who got the dream of a Lifetime, to write a star wars Novel in the new canon he sure sounds ungrateful to Pablo Hidalgo and Lucasfilms. maybe instead of complaining about why he hates the idea of canon in everything not just star wars he should, one, be grateful he got the chance in the first place, and two, if he has a problem with what he put into Canon he should have made a better effort to write the new canon. And I loved Aftermath don't get me wrong.

also new Rebels TV spot out and in the End of it they say it airs on October 24th? I thought it aired on the 14th on Disney XD or does it air on another network like ABC on the 14th?

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    that's Disney XD Asia, the date is separate from the US one which is Oct 14.:)

TheBBP likes this.
  19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Official site still says the 14th.
    http://disneyxd.disney.com/star-wars-rebels

The times shown in the trailer you linked indicate 7:30am WIB/THAI which is Western Indonesia Time / Thailand, so that is likely when it premiers in those areas.

20. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

I think you've misinterpreted what he said. He doesn't hate canon, he just said that strict adherence to and obsession with what is or isn't "canon" is to the detriment of the richness of fictional settings and stories within them

21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I rather enjoy strict adherence to canon.

bdh1138, STARBOB, IG-13 and 2 others like this.
  22. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    There is no adherance to canon in the film world because no movies going forward are in any way shape of form going to be directly continuing from anything ancillary.
    Adherance to canon in everything ancillary actually implaces a well needed net and boundary on what authors can creatively achieve, which is something ironically needed for the most creative freedom, which I think is nothing but a positive.

Shamear likes this.
  23. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    14th, that for a different country's premiere date. Also, that's how I interpreted the article too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  25. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005

Same here. My OCD demands it!!

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.