main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Put it on the Falcon! Lmao.

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I want to see the Vader from the Dark Lord book hunting down Jedi in the show. The Inquisitors can all die, like the trash they are.

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Exactly, just imagine after ROTJ, Ahsoka appears out of nowhere to Luke and has of course so much more knowledge of the Jedi history/training. She would take over the new order, since she is much more of a master than Luke. And what is with 'pass on what you have learned?' In such a constellation Luke would not have all the weight on his shoulders regarding the Jedi. In fact he would not be someone special anymore.[face_dunno]

Granek likes this.
  4. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

Has anyone speculated yet that some or all the force sensitives in Rebels turn to evil and form the Knights of Ren?

Ezra seems ripe for the turning!

5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah that could work. ;)

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Having the force already makes you special.

Toonimator likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Not happening, the most you can expect is a flirt with the darkside for two episodes or so.

8. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Is Ahsoka willing to do all that though in the event she survived? I'm betting on no. Watching over Kanan and Ezra is one thing, rebuilding the Jedi order is an entirely different matter.

Revanfan1 and Toonimator like this.
  9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    They actually made Darth Maul into an interesting and compelling villain. This is a guy that should've stuck it out through the entire PT. Instead, we got the boring Count Dooku in the last two prequel films.

And as for Boba Fett, as far as I'm concerned, he's been butchered since the OT.

[​IMG]

10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013

I think it's a consequence of extending the story beyond its intended ending. Luke was always my hero as a kid, he was the one I wanted to be. However, with the PT, focus shifts to Anakin Skywalker... which is fine I guess... he becomes the pivotal character in the over-arching story, and Luke’s significant act becomes that of facilitating Anakin’s turn back to the light, and being the one tasked with passing on the Jedi way post ROTJ.

But now with new stories set within a similar time frame, it seems Luke’s part is watered down somewhat (which is entirely subjective of course, as the films have to be taken on their own merits), as the filmmakers naturally try and make the new protagonists more pivotal/important that the previous ones. Again, I think this is just a consequence of extending the film series beyond the existing 6, whilst setting them close enough to incorporate Luke, Han, Leia et al.

I want more Star Wars films as much as everyone else, but personally, I would have set new stories 100/1000 years later. It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the ST, because there’s clearly an opportunity to resolve the entire Skywalker saga. To what extent that’s successful, given the required amount of juggling and possible retconning , remains to be seen. I suspect though that focus is primarily going to be on extending the franchise rather than a natural conclusion to the narrative/themes of the existing 6 films. We’ll see.

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Filoni talks Vader.

Taylor Gray Ezra S2 Arc Interview
    http://ca.ign.com/videos/2015/10/09/star-wars-rebels-taylor-gray-season-2-interview-nycc-2015

Star Wars Rebels S2 Episode 8 is called Blood Sisters airing November 27.
    https://translate.googleusercontent...omane/&usg=ALkJrhgnoQM5-aHXxRw9LXCV9l5wM4xapQ

also
    Florian B@DarthSpiriah 1h1 hour ago
    Untitled Novel 51 date change! Original date: 14th June 2016! New date: 31st May 2016. Details probably to be revealed tomorrow.

so we are getting 2 novels announced tomorrow, I presume the March and May ones.

Finally Shattered Empire #3 Preview
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    IGN sucks.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    since we are getting 2 novels announced tomorrow, I hope we get some comic announcements too at the Marvel pannels since currently we only have 3 comics for January (Vader/Kanan/SW).:)

14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    what would we know without you @starocean90^:)^:)

IG-13 and starocean90 like this.
  15. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Perhaps this has already been discussed, but is Boba Fett's appearance in the new Battlefront game's Jakku battle not canon? There is a preview showing him fighting in the battle in his armor that looks no worse for wear than it did before he became another victim of the almighty Sarlacc. But, there is an interlude in Aftermath that shows a new character finding what really seems like Boba's armor in a sandcrawler on Tantooine. That new character seems like he could be bad-ass enough to use the armor in the battle of Jakku but Aftermath describes the armor as being pitted with acid and the screen shots from Battlefront don't match up with that. On top of that it's just being reported that Temuera Morrison is voicing Boba in the game, so it would seem like his appearance it the game is not canon- just kick ass.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    there are currently no Jakku footage from Battlefront, that was Tatooine, the only time we saw Jakku was from a few concept arts.

Toonimator, nightangel and TheBBP like this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    More hapless imperials get blown apart just to show us again how weak and defeated they are. Filler. I think I know why I am skipping this comic series. Better read Lando or Star Wars or Darth Vader.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That image/clip is of Fett on Tatooine and it is as canon as the time when Luke (wearing his RotJ garb) fought Vader in the snow at the Battle of Hoth.

[​IMG]

In other words, not very canon at all.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think the only potential canon thing in battlefront is the Battle of Jakku DLC, everything else....

TheBBP and nightangel like this.
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    There is a lot of confusion because we were told that everything is canon now. However, they clarified at least as far as Battlefront is concerned, that the locations and what not are canon, but for obvious reasons the outcomes and the happenings as they play out in the game are not canon. For instance, the Alliance can route the Empire at Hoth and Luke never fought Vader on Hoth, or Tatooine or any other place that these characters are likely to battle in this game.

IG-13, Toonimator and starocean90 like this.
  21. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Point taken about the Luke and Vader image on Hoth lol
    Still, I was under the impression that the clip/ image of Boba was on Jakku because of the crashing star destroyer in the background. Still, now that I look again I must admit that the environment looks way less like Jakku than what we see surrounding the crashed Star Destroyer in teaser trailer# 2. It also makes more sense why there is a Sandcrawler there, not that those couldn't exist on Jakku as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    at the same time
    the problem is the no story to the game but isn't the Battlefront novel a companion to the game and don't they both have Sullist in them. So the Battle of Sullist could be played in Battlefront but the novel is where you get your story.
    for example
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Sullust_(Galactic_Civil_War)

also if add Lost Stars and the Battle of Jakku you also get an extension, pretty confusing stuff.:p

is Battlefront even playable for single players or is it all multi/co-op???

nightangel and TheBBP like this.
  23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

It has a single-player element called "Missions". I have played the Tatooine Survival where you have to fend off 6 waves of the Empire's best...ish. There are other modes too but they are not available in the beta.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  24. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    hmmm, I didn't play games for a few years, but I think about buying a console. So maybe I should combine it with Battlefront. What do you recommend regarding which console to play this game (Playstation 3/4, Xbox etc)?

25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That's Tatooine. Sandcrawler, Boba, terrain... Makes perfect sense. The Survival Mode On Tatooine video also shows how the status of the player's battle affects the larger background battle... As the player defeats wave after wave of Imps, you see an orbiting Star Destroyer take damage and crash to the surface. Presumably the same might happen to a Rebel ship if you're playing on the Imperial side... Or losing on the Rebel side, maybe!

To assume it's Jakku requires you to explain away a ton of details, resting the assumption solely on "SD crashed on a desert world"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.