main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005

If I could "like" this 1000x, I would.

This whole Ahsoka/Filoni pet character thing is starting to remind me of the Quinlan Vos/Ostrander pet character situation. I don't know if you read the series, but at the end of the Star Wars Republic (now non-canon) comic, they were showing Order 66 and how it impacted Quinlan. I enjoyed the comic series and I liked Quinlan, however I knew he was going to die in Order 66. Because, well...all the Jedi's did, right? I did have a slight doubt though, as Quinlan was a favorite of Ostrander (and he really made the character into what he was) and I didn't know if he would actually go through with it. And guess what? He didn't, he had Quinlan barely survive and then he was able to hide and get married/have a family. *Groan* what a cop out. It really hurt Quinlan's character in my eye, as he should have died with the other brave Jedi who were betrayed. Instead he gets the storybook happy ending? Oh, ok. Luckily that was all retconned when that old stuff was made non-canon.

Now I'm afraid the same will happen with Ahsoka. Using the "well she's not really a Jedi so she doesn't count" thing is just a weak excuse, IMO. I mean, I MIGHT buy that excuse is she was some random Padawan like Kanan, but she was the Padawan of Anakin. The Chosen One. Darth Vader. I'm sorry, but an important character like that can't live post-ANH and be "hiding in the shadows" somewhere. It makes her look like a coward and hurts her character (as I've said many times before). This is Star Wars, good characters die. That's just how it goes.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well considering that I never bought that Obi Wan and Yoda were the ONLY Jedi to escape, there being others is perfectly ok to me. And no, it's hurts Luke's character, not one bit imo. Especially when we have precedent of those two "fudging the truth" if it suits their purposes.

So basically, no it's not a "cop out." If anything, it's making a bit less absurd.

Toonimator and Darth_Voider like this.
  3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I mean Lucas never shied away from killing main characters like Qui-gon, Padme, Obi-wan, Satine in TCW, Yoda and Anakin, so I would like to know why they suddenly can't in Rebels now unless the reason is because they don't want to scare poor little kids.

Shamear, Darth_Pevra and IG-13 like this.
  5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes apparently he is also voicing him in Battlefront!

It's good to see TM still voicing boba.

And bodes well for a live action movie!

7. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Played some Battlefront last night. I took down an AT-AT with the snowspeeder and towcable. Highlight of the night!

Seeher likes this.
  8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I have to say I love how Rebels S1 started off small scale for almost all of S1 until the finale where things got more epic and now S2 the scope is so much bigger on every level. It's mostly because after Siege of Lothal they are finally ditching Lothal (I doubt forever but it won't be their base of operations anymore especially not after linking up with the greater Rebellion).:D

11. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Yes!

Thank god TM is back to voice Boba for the new Battlefront.

snakeeyes74 and cwustudent like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

And even though its non canon I think this can put to rest those horrible rumors that boba was to be replaced by some random guy instead of the clone.

13. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Agreed. Now let's hope he'll be starring in a Boba Fett movie now.

snakeeyes74 likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    nightangel and Toonimator like this.
  15. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Love that Morrison is back. Shows that Disney is sticking canon and what came before, and not letting the few PT haters dictate what they should do. Granted it's DICE making the game, but shows that he's still considered Boba Fett and they're using his voice. Bodes well for him in the LA Boba film. Morrison's a badass so hearing his voice while playing Boba will be welcome.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Totally agree about Darth Maul and the prequel trilogy! He should have been there for all 3 films.

I think the only aspect of Boba Fett that was butchered in the OT was his death (And YES - He is dead!) :cool:

18. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    Played some Battlefront, not really feeling it and there doesn't seem enogh content to justify $60.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Shamear likes this.
  19. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I wouldn't say that just yet.
    http://movieweb.com/star-wars-boba-fett-michael-b-jordan/

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I know someone else will probably voice Boba but as long as they stay a clone I am fine.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't think this proves anything about Morrison playing Fett in a movie. It only shows that they want him to play him in the period before he dies. The new Fett will likely be someone post dead Boba. The Wendig book already implies this with someone apparently recovering Fett's armor.

And I highly doubt the new Fett will be Morrison. They'll either pick a bigger star or better actor or both.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If that happens (which I doubt), I sincerely hope it is set post-ROTJ and has an aged and battered (from the sarlacc) Temuera Morrison training a new recruit to take his place. I'm not a fan of that casting choice, though. This is the kind of thing I was afraid of when new films got announced. That they would just go after the "hottest" up and coming new actor. The way TFA has been casted has reassured me that they won't be doing this. I hope it holds true for all new SW films.

23. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I think I may have miscommunicated when I said bigger star. TFA has "bigger" stars than Morrison like Serkis, some of which are also new and hot actors, like Oscar and Lupita.

There's no doubt in my mind Morrison will not be starring in a SW movie. It's amazing anyone would think that.

But they can certainly find a great new Fett.

Boba seems to be dead. That's what Aftermath implies.

So the new Fett will be post-ROTJ.

24. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    How bout a Jango Fett spin-off movie?

25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    It would lack tension because we already know his fate is to become a head. Plus, they'd have to recast him because LFL/Disney will not be handing Temura Morrison a starring role in his own movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.