main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    When was HK canonized!?!?????????!!!!

Sent from my mouth using Tapatalk

2. Elegant Weapon

Elegant Weapon Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2015
    HK is in the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes game, which is a pretty sweet game, imo

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Not really.
    https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/670323035430215680

4. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    He has no canon story but I doubt they would put HK into any new game if they didn't had plans with the character.

5. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeeees!! Amazing news! Can't wait!

6. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    Battle of Jakku Full Trailer

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well dooku's treasure was actually sad if you think about it.
    Kix is one of if not the last clone alive

Alpha Sloth and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Canyon D

Nov 17, 2015
    Gosh If Rebels episodes don't have Kanan and Ezra then they feel so empty and forced. Hopefully they end it in season 3 and give us a show about Luke's academy or something after Episode 7 or my favorite idea an KOTOR show (only make it hundreds of years before TPM, not thousands)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...but if it's hundreds of years before TPM, then Yoda would be around, but the Sith wouldn't...since the Jedi think they've been extinct for 1,000 years in TPM.

Revanfan1 and Canyon D like this.
  10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

It really makes me wonder if it has any relevance to the ST beside establishing the Crimson Corsair as the new Boba Fett.

11. Canyon D

Nov 17, 2015
    Dern you are right. Well then they would have to have really crappy technology and if be like a medieval show lol. Although I love KOTOR I AND II, I flipping despise TOR MMO. Please don't make it like that game *shudder*

On a different note, anybody heard anything about that new Dead Space esq Star Wars game in development?

Sent from my Jelly bin using Tapatalk

Davak24 likes this.
  12. Canyon D

Nov 17, 2015
    Wait what time period is this story set in?

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's set right before TFA.

Also do you know how to use the edit function? Because I notice that you double post a lot.

14. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

It's official...according to the father of the girl. JJ Abrams supposedly contacted him directly in some form to share the news

https://twitter.com/tk210/status/670633464056684545

15. Canyon D

Nov 17, 2015
    Thanks! I use the edit on Tapatalk, maybe it double posts in the actual forum site?

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Why would they need crappy technology? KOTOR did just fine with having advanced tech despite being thousands of years in the past. Technology plateaued in the galaxy, given the lengthy history of interstellar travel (remember Obi-Wan's "for over a thousand generations" line... a generation is generally considered somewhere between 20 & 30 years in length, give or take, so you've got a galactic society at least 20,000 years old; the "foundation of the Republic" stuff from the films, specifying 1,000 years of Republic history, doesn't mean much... before that, there was another Republic, the "Old Republic" referenced in TCW, and at some point a war in which the Sith dominated, and then imploded.

So computers, hyperdrives, droids, sabers, blasters... all that stuff would still be around back in "the olden days" of the galaxy... they just might look different, or not be as efficient or versatile as the tech of the movie-era. All starfighters might require hyperspace rings, for instance, or to be stored upon a cruiser. Hyperdrive speeds might be slower, making travel-time more of a factor (as it was in the old WEG RPG, but not really in the films). Protocol droids might only be fluent in 1 million forms of communication. Etc, etc... we've done all this before, with the KOTOR games (and probably even before that with TOTJ, tho for some arcs--Golden Age of the Sith, for instance--they attempted to make things look very different & ancient...but it didn't really capture the Star Wars 'feel' that KOTOR managed so well, and SWTOR went, ah, a little overboard on...didn't need to see TIE fighter hatches lining corridors a few thousand years before the ships were invented). If they ever do a movie or series set thousands of years ago, there's no need to turn it into GOT:GFFA with actual swords and people riding horses everywhere... just revisit how it was accomplished in previous projects, and try to strike a nice balance of Star Wars-y feel and new designs to mark it as a different era (kinda like how the PT did).

Rabs and Mungo Baobab like this.
  17. Canyon D

Nov 17, 2015
    Well the PT actually looked more advanced then the OT, and I just mean tech wise in general, not cause of CGI Special effects. And that was the one reason I had a problem with KOTOR. If they made the show set in that period though, if they used Kylos "ancient design" as lightsabers, it would make sense. Maybe Instead of blasters they use slow beam lasers and capital ships are really small.

18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    So for those of us that preordered Battlefront, will Jakku be up at midnight EST? Will we have to manually download or will it go automatically if we had put in the code when we got the game?

syferdiasisalie likes this.
  19. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    well everything looked so advanced in the PT because it was it was set in a different area than in the OT, the PT was set mostly in the core worlds while the OT was set in the outer rim

Toonimator likes this.
  20. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  21. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    We have to wait for a code I believe (mine is coming from Amazon), so I wouldn't bet on that coming by midnight. Maybe people with Gamestop-printed codes will be able to play at midnight. Who knows, I only bought the mediocre game for Jakku so I'm waiting like you....:amidala::bb8::falcon:

22. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Here in Aus all copies had the code in the box. Even non preorder copies. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I read Aftermath, Lost Stars, Weapon Of A Jedi and I bought Battle Fronts the novel but have not read it because at the moment I am reading the first Stephen King Dark Tower, can anyone tell me if "STAR WARS BEFORE THE AWAKENING " Is worth a read?

24. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    How long is the Crimson Corsair read?

Sounds awesome!

EDIT: looks like it's about 60 pages (digitally).

25. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Read SW #13 comic:
    -nothing really major is revealed in this one
    -Luke is saved by Han and Chewie
    -Chewie has a nice fight with tripple zero droid[face_laugh]
    -Han has a shoot out with Aphra which is interrupted by something...[face_rofl]
    -Leia is the cold military leader during the ground attack and in the end facing Darh Vader...too bad that this story will just continue after the movie is out [face_sigh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.