main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    You mean to development of the movie canon?

I can’t say much for the comics, but I think Last Shot, the extra TLJ adult novel passages, and LoLS added quite a bit.

They are, though, clearly keeping swathes of the 30-year gap timeline wide open. I think partly that’s due to Ep 9 spoilers and not wanting to get in the way of the live-action show.

TadoFett likes this.
  2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    And the scene of the attack looks like Leia is in fire (they change some scenes, like when Rey shoot in Kylo and Luke show up in her hut)

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    TadoFett likes this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Marvel September 2018 solicitations.

[​IMG]
    DARTH VADER #21
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & ELIA BONETTI
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    “FORTRESS VADER,” PART 3
    • DARTH VADER returns to the place of his birth as he seeks the path to his destiny.
    • Echoes from the past reach out to him — both from his own, and from the dark history of the SITH.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #53
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
    Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    “HOPE DIES,” PART 4
    • HAN SOLO...admiral?
    • PRINCESS LEIA leads a squad to try and recover the secret that can save the rebel fleet...
    • Unfortunately, it’s aboard the EXECUTOR.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS #54
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
    Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    “HOPE DIES,” PART 5
    • THE EXECUTOR? Bad.
    • PRINCESS LEIA aboard the Executor? Worse.
    • DARTH VADER pursuing Leia aboard the Executor? WORST OF ALL.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: LANDO — DOUBLE OR NOTHING #5 (of 5)
    RODNEY BARNES (W)
    PAOLO VILLANELLI (A)
    Cover by W. SCOTT FORBES
    VARIANT COVER BY BRIAN STELFREEZE
    • LANDO’S made his way to an ambivalent Pretusian slave force. But can he convince them to stand up against the STORMTROOPERS who now are lower in number?
    • Will ELLTHREE temper her passions in the face of massive droid abuses?
    • Will Lando find a good card game and say “to hell with it all”?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
    Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ADAPTATION #6 (of 6)
    GARY WHITTA (W) • MICHAEL WALSH (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MAYHEW
    THE LATEST EPISODE OF THE STAR WARS SAGA COMES TO ITS THRILLING CONCLUSION!
    • Trapped in a derelict rebel base, GENERAL LEIA and the last of the RESISTANCE fight for their survival!
    • Will POE DAMERON, ROSE and FINN stop the FIRST ORDER before they destroy the last hope for the galaxy?
    • Is hope dead, or will LUKE SKYWALKER return to confront his fallen pupil KYLO REN?
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
    Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: POE DAMERON #31
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • ANGEL UNZUETA (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    SERIES FINALE!
    • In this final chapter of the POE DAMERON series, we see what may be BLACK SQUADRON’S last mission, as they desperately attempt to find allies for GENERAL LEIA ORGANA’S decimated RESISTANCE.
    • It’s been one heck of a ride, but all stories must come to an end.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA ANNUAL #2
    SI SPURRIER (W) • CASPAR WIJNGAARD (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ASHLEY WITTER
    MEET WINLOSS AND NOKK — THE GALAXY’S FOREMOST MONSTER HUNTERS!
    • One’s a cyborg with a bad attitude, the other’s a cold-blooded reptile. They’re happily married. They’ve been hired by a mysterious contact to bag an ultra-deadly monster from the heart of an ancient temple.
    • N.B.: For “mysterious contact” read DOCTOR APHRA, who — and this will shock you — is definitely up to something.
    • N.B.: For “happily married” read THIS IS GOING TO GET MESSY.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #24
    SIMON SPURRIER (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    OUT OF THE FRYING PAN, INTO THE HEAT-DEATH OF A PLANET-KILLING METEOR STRIKE!
    • Swindling, backstabbing and even occasionally feeling bad about it, all of DOCTOR APHRA’s attempts to escape her prison-world have failed.
    • But...wait — here comes an Imperial shuttle. Could this be salvation?
    • [life support breathing sounds]
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Star Wars Adventures #14 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    (W) John Barber (A/CA) Mauricet
    Han has left to get himself into more trouble, leaving Chewie all alone with the perplexing new problem that is a major pain in his hide! The iconic Wookiee will have to use all of his strength, wits, and patience to overcome this latest danger!
    *Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.

Fan-favorite Chewbacca in his first solo Adventures tale!
    Plus, an exciting new backup feature, Flight of the Falcon!
    In Shops: Sep 19, 2018
    https://www.starwars.com/news/exclusive-new-flight-of-the-falcon-book-series-to-debut-this-fall

[​IMG]

https://www.starwars.com/news/doctor-aphra-comic-set-hasbro-sdcc-2018-exclusives
    [​IMG]

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    With the Poe Dameron comic coming to a close in September, alongside the Lando: Double or Nothing and TLJ adaptation miniseries, I wonder what we're going to get in October? I suspect another ongoing series will take the place of Poe Dameron, and there's always been at least one miniseries running at a time since Marvel launched the Princess Leia mini back in 2015. Curious as to whether any future ongoing/miniseries comics will detail the probable time jump between VIII and IX.

7. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    From Phil Szostak's excellent Twitter feed, a link to an article on Resistance's art director, Amy Beth Christenson.

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    https://www.starwars.com/news/thrawn-alliances-exclusive-excerpt
    Taking a final look at the nav display, Anakin pointed the Actis toward the horizon and poured power to the drive—

Abruptly, R2-D2 trilled a warning. “What is it?” Anakin said, frowning as he checked his rear display.

And felt the back of his neck tingle. There was a ship back there, the size of a medium freighter but of unknown configuration.

Settling into orbit right beside his hyperdrive ring.

“Unknown ship, this is General Anakin Skywalker of the Galactic Republic,” he called. “Identify yourself and state your purpose.”

Nothing. Maybe they didn’t communicate on any of the Republic’s standard frequencies.

Or, more likely this far out, didn’t speak Galactic Basic.

Anakin pursed his lips, running through his list of trade languages. He knew Huttese and Jawa Trade Language fairly well, but Batuu was a long way from Hutt influence. Meese Caulf? He was a bit far out for that, but it was the best he had. “Unidentified ship, this is General Anakin Skywalker of the Galactic Republic,” he said, working hard to wrap his mouth around the Meese Caulf words and hoping he was getting the grammatical structure right. “You are intruding on Republic equipment and interfering with a Republic mission. I order you to pull back and identify yourself.”

“I greet you,” a calm voice came back in the same language. “Did you give your name as General Skywalker?”

“I did,” Anakin said, frowning. “Why, have you heard of me?”

“No, not at all,” the other said. “I was merely surprised. Let me assure you I mean no harm to you or your equipment. I merely wished a closer look at this interesting device.”

“Glad to hear it,” Anakin said. “You’ve had your look. Pull back as ordered.”

There was a pause. Then, at a leisurely pace, the ship drifted away from the ring. “May I ask what brings a Republic envoy to this part of space?” the intruder asked.

“May I ask what business it is of yours?” Anakin countered. It wasn’t very polite, but he wasn’t feeling in a particularly polite mood. Every minute he was stuck out here making sure this prowler behaved himself was a minute he couldn’t spend looking for Padmé. “You can be on your way at any time.”

“On my way?”

“To continue your travels,” Anakin said. “To go wherever you were going before you stopped to look at my hyperdrive ring.”

Another silence. The alien ship, to Anakin’s annoyance, had halted its sideways drift and was now pacing the hyperdrive ring at a distance of a hundred meters. Still far too close for comfort. “Yes, I could continue on my way,” the intruder said. “But it might be more useful for me to assist you in your quest.”

R2-D2 gave a puzzled twitter. “I already told you I was on a Republic mission,” Anakin said. “It’s not a quest.”

“Yes, I recall your words,” the intruder assured him. “But I find it hard to believe that a Republic at war would send a lone man in a lone fighter craft on a mission. I find it more likely that you travel on a personal quest.”

“I’m on a mission,” Anakin ground out. This was starting to be really irritating. “Directly ordered here by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine himself.” Not that Palpatine even knew Anakin was here, of course, let alone sanctioning the mission. But if the stranger had heard of the Clone Wars he’d surely heard of Palpatine, and dropping the chancellor’s name might add some weight to his side of the conversation. “And I don’t have time for this.”

“Agreed,” the other said. “Perhaps it would be best if I were to simply show you the location of the ship you seek.”

Anakin’s hands tightened on the yoke. “Explain,” he said quietly.

“I know where the Nubian ship landed,” the intruder said. “I know the pilot is missing.”

Anakin ground his teeth. “So you intercepted a private transmission?”

“I have my own sources of information,” the intruder said, his voice still calm. “Like you, I seek information, on that and other matters. Also like you I’m alone, without the resources to successfully investigate. Perhaps in alliance with a Republic general we may find the answers both of us seek.”

“Interesting offer,” Anakin said. And now, finally, he was close enough. Taking a deep breath, he stretched out to the Force.

The intruder wasn’t human, though of course Anakin had already guessed that. He was near-human, though, like many other species in the Republic.

But the texture of his mind was unlike anything Anakin had ever touched before. It was neat and well ordered, the patterns of thought flowing smoothly and precisely in ways not unlike those of scientists or mathematicians. But the content of that flow, and the muted emotions accompanying it, were completely opaque. It was like a neat and precise array of unfamiliar numbers.

“So what answers are you looking for?”

“I wish to more fully understand this conflict in which you’re embroiled,” the intruder said. “I wish answers of right and wrong, of order and chaos, of strength and weakness, of purpose and reaction.” There was a slight pause; and when the voice came back there was a new formality to it. “You asked my identity. I am now prepared to give it. I am Commander Mitth’raw’nuruodo, officer of the Expansionary Defense Fleet, servant of the Chiss Ascendancy. On behalf of my people, I ask your assistance in learning of this war before it sweeps its disaster over our own worlds.”

“Fine,” Anakin said. “Whenever you’re ready.”

“I’ll make preparations at once,” Mitth’raw’nuruodo said. “One additional thought. Chiss names are difficult for many species to properly pronounce. I suggest you address me by my core name: Thrawn.

“That’s all right, Mitth’raw’nuruodo,” Anakin said. Did this being go out of his way to be annoying and condescending? “I think I can handle it.”

“Mitth’raw’nuruodo,” the alien said.

“That’s what I said,” Anakin said. “Mitth’raw’nuruodo.”

“It’s pronounced Mitth’raw’nuruodo.

“Yes. Mitth’raw’nuruodo.”

“Mitth’raw’nuruodo.”

Anakin clenched his teeth. He could hear a slight difference between his pronunciation and the alien’s. But he couldn’t figure out how to correct his version. “Fine,” he growled. “Thrawn.”

“Thank you,” Mitth’raw’nuruodo—Thrawn—said. “It will make things easier. My shuttle is prepared. Let us depart.”

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  10. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I hope we finally get some interesting books again. Besides Thrawn there seems to be nothing in the horizon.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    I'm hoping Filoni will give out some info about Star Wars: Resistance at SDCC during the Clone Wars anniversary panel.

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The illustration of Thrawn and Anakin is really bad. The proportions look awful. Thrawn looks like his back turned to us, but his head's gone all Exorcist on us. And the placement of Anakin's head is ludicrous. It’s like all their body parts were illustrated individually, and then they were (very badly) stuck together in Photoshop.

13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I see Disney is ignoring the prequels again by putting Anakin on the cover.

14. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I'm okay with Anakin, but I can't unsee this.

Krueger likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe one of the comics will be TCW related? The timing fits

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    The Last Jedi #4 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Star Wars #50 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Ahhhhh.......good gracious, the art in the main SW comic. I would laugh, but I can't really be bothered.

kalzeth likes this.
  19. robotical712

robotical712 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 13, 2017
    Not about a new canon novel, but the blog I'm apart of managed to interview Ken Liu, author of Legends of Luke Skywalker.
    Interview

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    First look at characters from Star Wars Resistance.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is that Cardinal standing next to Phasma?

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #18 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  23. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Better images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think so. His armour was described as basically being Stormtrooper armour, but red. This looks like a different helmet. Almost like a red Deathtrooper.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Thrawn #6 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://comiccon2018.sched.com/event/FSlR
    Disney-Lucasfilm Publishing: Stories from a Galaxy Far, Far Away! SDCC Panel

Friday, July 20 • 2:00pm - 3:00pm
    Michael Siglain (director, creative: Disney-Lucasfilm Publishing) and surprise panelists share previews and exclusive announcements about what should be on your must-read list from Star Wars publishing.

DaddlerTheDalek and TadoFett like this.