main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. mlsw

mlsw Jedi Knight star 3

May 30, 2017
    So... the thing is, it may have been just a way to bring Ashoka back.
    And it's fine... but...

The most interesting thing that came out from TLJ novel
    IMO was that the Cosmic Force = the Will the Force
    and that Anakin, Luke and Rey - the 3 of tem - they are/were all instruments
    of the Cosmic Force.

One may say everyone is, but those 3 are/were pointed as instruments of the Cosmic Force = the Force Will with a specific emphasis.
    And... putting Rebels and this together, it may be that the Force not only has a Will but a Plan.

Something that in all truth - to me - was already hinted be Yoda’s arc in TCW.
    Because in short, Yoda in those episodes he’s told how to become a force ghost
    not how to prevent order 66. So... there was a plan, IMO.
    Order 66 had to happen and Luke was already supposed to redeem Vader (even tho by then
    Luke wasn't even conceived)..

In addition:
    - ep. 1: Obi Wan feels a Disturbance in the Cosmic Force (therefore in the Force Will, so maybe... in its plan? And it may be worth to notice, that this is for sure a disturbance in the C.F. because that is what he said. While, in ep. IV when Alderaan is destroyed, he may feel a distrubance... in the Living Force, not the Cosmic Force. We cannot be sure, but it's likely)
    - ep 2: The Sith end, the Cosmic Force went dormant (that it's said in TLJ novel)
    - ep. 7: The Cosmic Force Awakens. An aweking is not a disturbance... it's something else.

Add to that the first line of TFA “This will start to make things right” and I don't know...

I mean... I'm not a fan of this kind of plot lines.... but it's from a while now that I think
    that there could be a surprise... especially because it would be absolutely consistent
    with JJ's style
    I said it elsewhere: the point with JJ are not mistery boxes, but that he re-write his and other people stories...
    That's what he does always.

I just think we have to look at this chance...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, it's possible I think. Let's see what Ezra (and maybe Ahsoka) achieve along the way.

TBH, I can see both Rey and Kylo having to give their lives - dark crystal style - to bring balance to the force in the end.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If what Sidious sensed in the Unknown Regions wasn't Snoke, what was it?

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I seriously would not put it past Filoni and crew.

6. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Wait until Filoni make Ahsoka a Time Lord so she can appear in any SW works even Legends, Infinities, and what not. [face_clown]:p

7. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Eventually Disney will coordinate the epic merge between Marvel, Star Wars and Doctor Who. They'll be like, "Ooh, wouldn't it be cool if we cross over all these characters and then have them fight the DC characters!" That will be the day a 3 mile wide meteorite strikes the Earth.

8. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    If she shows up with the Resistance that’s where I will draw the line. That’s a step too far.

9. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I just don't think she's that interesting a character to keep on shoe-horning her into everything. She played a great role in TCW, and it felt right that she faced Vader in Rebels - but that, IMO, was the fitting end for her, if only Dave had had the conviction to end it there. That said, maybe he's got a great pay off in mind and I'll change my opinion. But for now, I feel he's got a bit of a blindspot with the character,

10. mlsw

mlsw Jedi Knight star 3

May 30, 2017
    Clara.

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    She had a great ending in TCW when she walked away from Anakin and the Jedi Order, down the steps and into the sunset... with that music. That would have been an amazing conclusion for her character, and that's what I thought it was then. They didn't even have to have her character die. But of course Filoni had to bring her back, because he really cannot let this attachment to that character go. So we had her around in Rebels again for kind of iffy reasons. I agree that the Vader duel would have been a great way to give her a final appearance... fallen master vs. apprentice and all that, but if they were going to do that then she had to die. They didn't have an out that time. But wait! "If we do this thing later where Ezra can actually save her during that duel...". Uggh. And now we'll surely see her again in another series, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if she's in Resistance.

12. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Resistance just seems shonky to me. I guess there are characters around who are strong with the Force, but in order for Luke's absence to really count I don't really want people as strong as Ahsoka running around. For the Force to awaken in Rey, I want it dormant elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Filoni's promotion to overseer of all Lucasfilm animated projects indicates to me that they're planning multiple series running concurrently. I think we'll see an Ahsoka stand alone series alongside something like Resistance. And I still hope we get a Luke, Han and Leia post-ROTJ series at some point.

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed, and Ahsoka would have a major role in all three of those series. :p

15. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Wait, did they actually confirm that Resistance is the next series?

16. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Nope. It's not even confirmed that we're getting a new animated series.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    No, not yet anyway. I think it's speculation based on a trademark they registered recently.
    Correct. But if we do get more, they will ALL be about Ahsoka. OK, I'm done now. :p

Luke'sSeveredHand and oncafar like this.
  18. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I do love Ahsoka, and I feel she isn't done just yet, but yeah need a good reason for where she has been tbh. But I kinda hope we can push for Old Republic.. So much we can do there.. But yeah Ahsoka mini series would be fun. Really hope Dave can push for Old Republic.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    If they did go multiple animated series on the go I wouldn’t mind a animated Star Wars hour on a weeknight. Finish work and then watch 3 new episodes of different Star Wars shows.

As for Ahsoka I feel that she’ll be back in animated form sooner rather than later. To be honest though her story has really been told. We saw her through TCW and now Rebels so the time in between is not really that interesting. She can’t feature during The OT period because Otherwise her and Luke would’ve met. Even if she was off doing her own thing surely hearing about a legendary Skywalker from the Rebellion would prompt her to come investigate. The other issue is we’ve now had a heavy focus on the Empire from the rebels perspective so that’s be more of the same.

I’m really interested to see where they go next. To me the logical thing would be early Luke’s academy with Luke and Ben going off an adventures investigating mysteries of the force and fighting remnant empire fragments and pirates.

kalzeth likes this.
  20. cappoe

cappoe Jedi Master star 3

Jan 12, 2018
    I'd love a series on Shara Bey and the pilots of the Resistance. How she got the force tree given to her as well as tell us how exactly Snoke got into power.

21. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    That could work too. Young Poe Cameron tagging along.

Actually I wouldn’t mind a animated Poe Dameron and black squadron series during the NR. I think that 30 year span is a good area with plenty of options.

redxavier likes this.
  22. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014

23. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Here's the released portion of Last Shot with Han and baby Ben:

oncafar and Darth Gummybear like this.
  24. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i'm curious about this live action tv show..Filoni wont be involved, will he? i cant understand why RJ is getting so much hatred from a part of fandom when Filoni seems to get a free pass despite his animated series feeling way more like a retcon and introducing so many eyebrow-raising elements regarding the Force and SW lore. Wolves? time travel? helicopter saber? And yet some people think TLJ is controversial haha :-D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  25. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I don't understand it either. Perhaps it's the mentorship under Lucas that grants Filoni that special pass, ie, he's considered to be the closest to the source which thus affords him a certain legitimacy? I don't know what legitimacy and quality have to do with each other though....Rebels feels like it was a show that could have done so much more, but just turned out to be a mix of Firefly and Forrest Gump with stories that were mostly either tepid or filler.