main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Card Type-Guesses

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by NomSkywalker, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomSkywalker

NomSkywalker Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    We are told that Empire will have a new card type. Here are some of the guesses so far:

Weapons/Devices
    Multi Area Units

I want to add:

Permanent Effect cards (like Mission cards but that stay on the table)

Or maybe we should consider it is the Empire set and gear our guesses around that. What would ESB inspire as a new card type?

2. Stemmi

Stemmi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    troop transports? for movement between play arenas?

3. Starkiller1

Starkiller1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    My guess is it will be something along the lines of an "Event." Something that can affect the way the rest of the game is played, or maybe just one turn. And example of this could be an event called "A Thousand Voices" that the Dark Side can only play after they have played the mission Destroy Alderaan.

4. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, I that was my second guess on the card type like your "Event" or possibly an "Objective". I'm probably borrowing from the CCG a little.

An "Objective" would be BP-based (or not) and played like a Mission. Once built, a specific event must occur during the turn in which it was played, and not already achieved. It would be similar to Celebrate the Victory, only it could activate at any time.

The return on this card could be slightly better than Mission cards.

Example:
    Destroy Them Ship to Ship - Dark - Objective
    Build: 2 (if build is used)
    When 3 of your opponent's Starfighters are discarded this turn, you gain +4 Force.

5. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    That's to much like the mission cards, I don't think it would work much differebt. I think the new cards are going to more along the lines of weapons.

SD-

6. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    A Mission has a one time effect though.

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I would say that Weapon cards are the most likely.

8. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Im gunna put some cash on an 'Effect' card which is a mission card that lasts longer then 1 turn

9. annakinstarkiller

annakinstarkiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2003
  10. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    i cant really imagine a location but the grenades cool, mind if i fix it?

11. annakinstarkiller

Mar 23, 2003
    ummm...sure. i guess.

Also, In case your wondering, forgot to post this earlier, these are the rules for the locations cards. I also have rules for the weapons cards but I'll let those go for now.

Rules:

Location Cards:

You can only have one Location Card at a time in each arena (Ground Location, Space Location). Chracters are considered to be in the Ground Location. Ground location text affects units in the Ground arena and Chracter arena. A location can only be switched during your respective build zone. Darkside has first option of playing a location card and deploying rotates from turn to turn. If a player has no location card to play then the other player may choose to play one. Location cards have no build cost. If you have a retreated unit during one location and that unit is unretreated during a different location, that player must pay 1 Force or keep that unit retreated.

Addition:

If a player controls the Space arena with a Space location and the matching Ground location is in the Ground arena, the Ground location's text is doubled. (Ex. If a player controls the Space arena with Naboo on it and Otoh Gunga is in the Ground arena, Otoh Gunga's text modifiers are doubled.)

Location cards are distinguished by their cyan color.

12. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    ok just finished yer weapon card, whats yer email so i can send it to ya?

13. RedneckJedi

May 20, 2002
    Here's my Weapon card thoughts from the Jedi Guardians topic:

My terribly unoriginal thought on the new card type would be Device/Weapon (one of the two).

It would work a lot like the Pilot ability, except be usuable on all cards... dependent on the device type. S/P = 0, H = 1 and would be immediately deployable on a unit once built. It could only be moved once from one unit to another in the build step. For instance:

Vader's Lightsaber - Dark
    Device - Lightsaber
    Build: 4
    Game Text:
    {D} Sith Character Device. The Sith Character gets:
    * +1 Power
    * Critical Hit 1

Tow Cable - Light
    Device - Tow Cable
    Build: 3
    Game Text:
    {D} Snowspeeder Ground Device. The Snowspeeder gets:
    * -10 speed
    * Critical Hit 2 when attacking an Imperial Walker

I realize there are existing Device sub-type cards, but this seems like it could be worked easily into the game. However, it also seems hokey since you would assume that units are already attacking with some kind of weapon.

But these issues all pale to the most important one... what color will the card be? Brown, black, gray, white, pink, sky blue, neon yellow, fushcia, magenta, cyan, ecru, taupe???

;) of course!

14. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I like the idea of the location card that gives lasting benefits to your units, until your opponent covers it with another one, then you have to decide if you want to cover that one ans so on......

15. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    But where on the table could we put the location cards? I dont think they suit the game

16. annakinstarkiller

Mar 23, 2003
    Sorry to reply so late. My e-mail is annakinstarkiller@yahoo.com, gotta put it in my profile. As for location cards, they are placed either on the bottom of the arena or the top, middle of both, of the arena. I have several other I have not been able to upload onto my site. I am also about 7 cards from finishing up my podracing set and will soon put it up on the site as well. If anyone would like to be updated on that, please e-mail swcoalition@yahoo.com with your e-mail and I will get out the updates for you. If you haven't visited, you can also get cardtable and the def files for the TCG and me and another guy are working on the ANH def files. Thanks.

17. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    What about armor?

armor (x amount) - subtract x amount of damage from the total damage done to unit.

Though I for a new dimension to the game I agree with everyone, they should deffinately introduce weapons!

18. VongLah

VongLah Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I think location is most likely. You just put it on the table is all, and have it affect the game in some manner.

19. RedneckJedi

May 20, 2002
    I read about a rumored Armor mechanic that worked much like Accuracy, only as a defensive measure. It was rumored to come out when the Accuracy mechanic came out.

A unit with Armor 1 would subtract 1 from the attacking unit's attack dice (see Rebel Marine Squad). The attacking unit would have to roll a 5 or 6 to do damage to your unit. If the attacking unit had Accuracy 1, it would offset Armor 1.

20. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    That was something else Psycho_Jedi and I were thinking about. The only problem is that you couldn't get very high armor without you not being able to hit the person. Unelss there was some kind of critical hit built in (like hte death star) to help offset the chance of never rolling hits.

I really haven't heard any rumors but I thought this was along the lines they have been following with their previosu ablities. Personally I'd like to see something that adds a new dynamic to the game - like location or weapons or something.

21. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    here's a qustion about the proposed Armor mechanic:

If my guy has Critical hit, but attacks a card with armor 1... and i roll a natural 6... does that make it a 5, or do i still get the critical?

22. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Critical hit should still apply. Maybe you wouldn't get damage for rolling the six but you would probably get however the amount of the critical hit is for getting the natural six.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.