main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New CCG Website

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Gadget, Jul 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadget

Gadget Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Figured I'd make an attempt to get some more hits to this website. Here's a copy of an email I've been distributing to various e-groups:

To start off with, when I lived in Florida one of the major assets that the gaming community had was that there was a website that brought all the information for the local community together into one place so the average person wouldn't have to search forever on Decipher. Now where I played there weren't too many players, and the player base was getting smaller by the month.

Now flash forward to when I come up here. The player base is pretty darn big, and seems to be growing. So you can imagine my surprise when I find that there isn't a local gaming website. I thought, "Maybe I should make one," as I helped maintain the one for FL and kinda know what I'm doing. But I never had the time...

UNTIL NOW! Wow, a 5 hour airport delay really *is* good for something (as long as you have a laptop with you). Okay, so if you've suffered through my speech you will now be rewarded...

Rebel Gamers Of Connecticut
    http://rgct.8m.com/

There's a pretty good sized explanation of what the site is all about on the main page. If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or snide remarks, feel free to post them up here or email them to me at andledwith@aol.com.

Let me stress that while not all of you actually live in CT, this site is not exclusively for the players of CT. The messageboards can obviously be used by anyone, and with quality, on topic conversations everyone's game will improve. And if any you who ever make a trip out to CT you can find out when events are going to happen. Also, you can get a side-by-side comparison of every player in the state. You can see how we stack up, and where you would fit in to the mix. Anyway, thanks to everyone for their time and have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.