main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Celebration Europe Moderators

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Spike_Spiegel, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Hi all. I wish to happily announce that Obi-Anne and LAJ_FETT have agreed to take the position of official CE moderators. Let's all welcome them with a big round of applause!

:)

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Congratulations to you both! [:D]

Have a good time up there in the header (they will be added, right? :confused:). :D

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We'll see about that.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Actually I think we need to get the banner redone also - this one was done for Earls Court. The whole thing doesn't need redoing - just substitute some pics of Excel for the Earls Court part. Unfortunately I don't know who did this banner.

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Tim did this banner, but I have one for ExCel well underway if you're interested. I shall endeavour to get it finished this week which shouldn't be too difficult :D

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you have one going already then that's great! Let us know when it's ready for viewing. I'm crap at banners so I won't be having a go at it.

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I just have to do some ad holders and general tweaking, and sort out the board colours which is nearly there so should be done by Friday. Will send you the files once it's done, plus post a preview here.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds good. I'm not sure who loads banners for Fan Force boards, but I can always ask Gabe to do it. (Managers can only switch banners, not load them). However Gabe is busy this week and is only answering PMs til Thursday or Friday.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Dajuan can put them up as well.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks Obi Anne. We can see who is around when the banner is done. I know Dajuan has been away a few weekends recently.

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Here's a pretty much finalised version of the banner I've been working on
    [image=http://www.monkeymattman.talktalk.net/ce_banner_2007.jpg]

The coding/style sheet part of the boards colours/theme isn't my forte, hence why I just did it in Photoshop, so if anyone can handle that aspect using the colours I've carefully selected then be my guest.
    Any thoughts/amendments are also welcome :)

12. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    I think it looks cool :)

13. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes it does look cool :D
    I am sure dajuan will not mind putting up a banner or else I will have to send the troops over to
    st louis if she does not :p
    Would mike be able to do it at all leslie??

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't like it as much as I do the current banner. The current one is more London-centered and works fine except for the Earls Court references. The proposed one just seems a little bland to me - it needs something else.

15. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Can the celebration europe logo be used in the corner on that new banner rather than what there is at present??

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think it just needs more content. The large expanse of orange colors with the small Luke and Leia figures looks a bit bland. The current banner has quite a bit of content and color. I also can't see whatever the right hand side says - it's out of reach at my screen resolution.

17. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    It says "london is calling lets rock the cantinabar"

I quite like the graphics used like the luke/leia, the timeline and the map of europe/london landmarks with all the x wings.

Do you reckon it needs more of that imperial touch??

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    To me Luke and Leia just look lost in that mass of orange. I think either a color change for the map or more figures - anything to break up the monocolor. The sidebar looks ok to me - it's the main pics that don't look right.

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks for the comments, good & bad. I shall now explain the design a bit better to help put it into perspective.
    Firstly, I toned down on the London references because it's Celebration Europe, not Celebration London. So I wanted to limit this to the skyline line of London and the reference to the famous Clash song in the corner only. I also felt it important to have the map or Europe as a key image.

The red-orange-yellow gradient has been used for several reasons. 1) CE takes place in the summer so I wanted that summer vibe. 2) It has a more 70's feel which was important because this is essentially a celebration of its 30th anniversary, so I want everything to harken back to '77, or even '76 when the promotion began. And 3) the official logos and site have a simular look and feel.

The design is also focused around the FF logo we are concoting which will be used for our promotional material and laynards etc. Remeber we are in the FF boards here, so that's an important aspect of it:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/The_Day_of_Darkness/cceelogo002.jpg]

I do think the touch of the Imperial is also needed, and something I was going to do but the question is where?? I think I can tone down on the fireworks which will give me some room, so this is something I'll try and do ASAP.

I also always work on the design philosophy of less is more, so filling a banner up with Photoshoped pictures doesn't do much for me I'm afraid. I always try to produce original material/artwork too because copyright never becomes an issue and it's much more satisfying, more so for the FanForce boards because it's all about being a Fan and getting hands dirty.

I think the problem is I've had this design floating about for quite a time, and when that happens it gets harder to tweak but I'll give it a crack ;)

20. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Looks great Lord_Tice =D= love the colour scheme, really does have that retro feel to it

Maybe a few decapitated Stormtroopers at Luke's feet will add the Imperial touch [face_skull]

21. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well we will be interested to see what you come up with Lord-Tice :D

22. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I think it is great as it is right now, Matt! :)
    I just wonder if we shall put in the word "FanForce" for the people who doesn't know what FF means... :confused:

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, I only noticed that yesterday too Sabine, but what I have forgotten to include on the sample above are the adholders, which are both the FF logo with FanForce written inside, so I think that part is covered thankfully [face_peace]
    I have some ideas on how to expand the design and hope to execute these in the coming days.... the Imperials are coming!!!! :D

24. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Should a fanforce logo be used??
    I am not comparing the two but its like the LAFF putting their logo in the corner for the C4 thread

25. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Here's the updated version, with the Imperial flavour added:
    [image=http://www.monkeymattman.talktalk.net/cebanner.jpg]

The FF logo is very general and non-specific to a particular FF area, so I don't see any problems with using it. I've also included the 'post a reply' image on the banner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.