main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Census Banner -- All artists encouraged to submit by Oct 21! Discussion inside

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Try raising Greedo up a bit so that the curve is continuous and even. It looks great though :)

2. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    I attempted to have a go at this, but I soon stopped as I was running too low on time. :(

But usually, I submit one of mine after being very quick about it, and then someone else comes along and blows me away. The EUC one right now, for example, is much much better than my submission was. Don't count on seeing this one.

Hey your EUC one was good. ;)

I love your banner for this forum though, you did a great job on it. :) You sure got the diversity theme going well. I like the way you did the text, and the white holes remind me of bullet points. They're an interesting touch. You chose nice pictures, and the line-texture on top enhances the banner as well, IMO.

OBIX1: I like your banner so far except for the text. The yellow doesn't really do much for it. Though I assume you'll be improving/changing parts as you finish the banner.

Zebra: It was a good idea to have some of the images faded so it didn't look too crowded. Plenty of good looking women there. :p Hmm ... I don't think it really suits census... probably more the EUC. [face_thinking] I could be wrong, though. However, you still did a good job with the image arrangement. Not sure about the text.... doesn't look right, maybe that's just me. ;)

Gabe: It's very well done. The only other thing I can say about it is what the TheBoogieMan said. *Shrug*

TheBoogieMan: I like the cantina theme. It's a pretty good banner. :)

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Thank you, dashleebo. :)

Zebra3, I see what you mean, but raising Greedo would frankly take a lot of effort . . . and . . . well, I can't be bothered, basically. :p But thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you like it.

And personally, I'm still sayin' Gabe's original entry was best. :p

4. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Thanks. ;) I was purposely going for a radio-button look.

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    BoogieMan, I would do something like this to the banner (if it was mine):

[image=http://www.bobafettmp.com/Temp/Tracy/untitled.JPG]

It may cut off Greedo a tiny bit oddly, but i think the overall effect of having a nice fluid border all the way around makes up for that.

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Poor Greedo :_|

http://users.bigpond.net.au/goldings/census/testpage.htm

:p

7. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I think that's much better, and if i hadn't seen the initial version, i doubt i'd think he looked cut off at ALL (as opposed to minorly).

8. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey, technically it is the 21st in Australia. Going by Pirate Day, you should close the entries now. :p

9. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks! Well, I could change the text except I made the mistake on putting it on the banner first. (dumb mistake on my part.) So, I'd have to start from the beginning to change it. But I appreciate the feedback regardless! :)

Btw, I'll be off-line from tomorrow morning through Sunday night because I'll be on vacation. Anyway, I just wanted to say that all you guys have done a awesome job on your banners, and I'm really looking forward to seeing which one gets chosen. :D

10. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, the very best of luck, everyone. May the best banner win. :p

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Sorry to double post, but I though I should let you know I've updated again with the indispensable help of the brilliant gabe.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/goldings/census/testpage.htm

Thanks!!!

12. KudarMubat15

KudarMubat15 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2005
    Yes! That is great! Much better! It might get my vote... Though Jaina Byrd's is pretty good too... I'll have to think about it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.