main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming NEW CHALLENGERS APPROACHING: Super Smash Bros. [Ultimate]

Discussion in 'Community' started by darklordoftech, Jul 31, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They have been announced. I hear constant talk about the absence, of a story mode and what characters will be in the game. What interests me more at this point, however, is Classic Mode. Will Subspace Emmisary's events mean anything for Master Hand in Classic Mode?

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    All I want in this game is for Ganondorf to be a bit more effective (read: faster) in battle. I'm so sick of losing to high-tier CPUs. :_|

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm getting a 3ds next year for this and Mari Kart 7. When the characters in MK *** me off, I'll beat the **** out of them in SSB.

4. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I want MewTwo back on the roster. With any luck he will return instead of that usurping fraud Lucario.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I loved playing as Lucario, but then I still need to get around to playing a lot more multiplayer Melee games to unlock MewTwo one of these days...

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently Peach has been mixing some onions in with her 'shrooms...

[​IMG]

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, now we can add Sonic to the roster of returning characters. Good to know, given the comments on there not being too many 3rd party characters.

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Wonder if any MegaPokemon will end up in this game (since that's one of the big things in the upcoming sixth generation). I wouldn't mind if Pokemon Trainer returned, that was always fun.

And yay, glad to see Sonic back. Mega Man and Sonic were usually some of the bigger third party requests. Hm, wonder how long until they have a new surprise announcement rather than confirming returning characters (although Sonic's place in the roster was in doubt).

9. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    What other major third party characters have announced games for the 3DS or Wii U? We already have Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man; we need a fourth to round out the nerd fantasy battles that you know will happen.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I still need Belmont for my Link/Simon/Mega/Pitt Captain N reunion brawl.

That said, I don't think we'll see any more 3rd party characters unless Snake returns. They're going to keep the focus on Nintendo titles, i think.

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    In place of Master Hand, they should have Link as the final boss. Why? Because Link is evil. I've been playing a bit of the original SSB, and the CPU Link is by far the most annoying to play against. His stupid sword (especially his up-B spin attack) is always there to greet me at the least opportune moments. His pulls off down-A stabs with all the cheating inhuman reflexes of a computer. His boomerang is annoying as ****. He does not die like a proper CPU player should. He steals my kills, usually with that stupid up-B spin attack of his. So yeah, Link is evil and should be the final boss of the new SSB. In the meantime, you can all help support my hatred for Link by playing a few rounds against a CPU Link in any of the SSB games and killing him repeatedly. Cheers!

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I've always been annoyed by (normal) Link's relative weakness compared to a lot of other characters in the games because he's been my preferred Main pretty much ever since I played OoT. They'd better make him stronger this time.[face_waiting]
    I'm half-expecting at least one (okay, probably not more than one) Sonic supporting character at this point since it looks like he might be here to stay. The'd probably go with Shadow or something, but I'd prefer Tails.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    That is what I thought too. Link has terrible jumping distance and is difficult to recover when knocked off the main stage. But probably it's because when an AI is controlling him, it starts to land all those powerful attacks with is cheating inhuman reflexes that a human player can't pull off. So instead of being my virtual punching bag, he starts to hit me back, or even (God forbid) KO's me. That is unacceptable. Hence why we need to kill Link.

Also, Yoshi ticks me off as well. Kill him too!

14. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah, the main problem with Link is his speed (or lack thereof), though I do remember the Sector Z level in the original being a nightmare for Link because it was next to impossible to get back to the main area after you fell to the lower portion below. Even with the triple jump more often than not you'd just barely not grab hold. Bleh.

Yoshi was worse, though, because he was the only one without a third jump ability. At least his normal jumps were reasonably high.

15. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    The Blu Blur and the Blue Bomber are all I need to be happy! Although I've been hoping for Ridley to be a playable character since Melee...

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Rosalina & Luma approach!

17. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Wow, Rosalina is really high profile these days. Should be interesting to see what her fighting style will be.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Going by the video, she'll be a combination of the Ice Climbers (dual character controls) and King Dedede (using his minions as weapons/shields/agents).

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Little Mac joins the fight:

That theme.[face_love]

Also, clearly Mac has had enough of that testy Italian referee...

Nobody145 likes this.
  20. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    I always love how whimsical these videos are- that's one of the best parts of these multi-franchise crossovers. Heh, Samus comparing heights. Cool to see another new addition to the game (all news about this game is good, but nice to get a brand new character rather than a confirmation of a regular character). Hm, with all the punches in that video, I wonder if they'll keep Captain Falcon in game. Sorry, just so many memories of hearing "Falcon Punch!", but not sure if they've confirmed Captain Falcon yet.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    One would assume he'd return.

22. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    All I can say is it's going to be a long wait until December. For the moment, this is the only game coming out this year that I want.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There hasn't been a release date announced yet other than "2014". It could still hit in the summer or early fall.

24. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    The 3DS SSB I've been waiting for. I'd love to see Sora as a playable character :D

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Diddy Kong has been confirmed as returning.

Here's the current roster:

-Bowser
    -Diddy Kong
    -Donkey Kong
    -Fox McCloud
    -King Dedede
    -Kirby
    -Link
    -Little Mac
    -Lucario
    -Luigi
    -Mario