main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming NEW CHALLENGERS APPROACHING: Super Smash Bros. [Ultimate]

Discussion in 'Community' started by darklordoftech, Jul 31, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Lats night's Nintendo Smash Direct:

Our roster so far:

Though we can likely expect Earthbound, F-Zero and other clone characters to be added.

The Wii Fit Trainer's combos are looking very interesting and Little Mac looks like he'll be very fun to play as if one can stay on the ground (I have a feeling levels like Norfair will be a a real fracker if you're Mac, though).

With Dedede being one of my best characters in Brawl, I'm a little disappointed he only throws the spike ball things now- throwing minions at people greatly amused me on many levels.

Also, apparently rabbit ears piss Samus off:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I am NOT getting kidnapped today. I have plans!"

Nobody145 and Rew like this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So, Mewtwo is not a playable Pokémon in this game?

I am disappoint.

But otherwise it's an excellent cast of characters.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    There are still more characters to be announced for the roster so anything is possible.

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    How many Pokemon do we have as playable anyway? Pikachu, Charizard/Mega-Charizard, Lucario and now Greninja I think? Mewtwo would be cool, but not sure there's room, unfortunately.

Now if only they could include Mega Man X as a character, but at least he'll be part of Mega Man's Smash GLORIOUS Smash Attack. That's the best use of Mega Man in a game I've seen in years.

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  5. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Captain Falcon and Falco, or no buy.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd be surprised if Jigglypuff didn't return. Falcon, Falco, Ganon, Roy would also seem highly likely.

I'm also willing to bet Meta Knight returns- they're bringing back the Halberd stage, afterall. And anything Kirby-related tends to have a higher chance in this series by default because of Sakurai.

7. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I still wish Nintendo could make a deal with Microsoft and get Banjo Kazooie in this game... he'd be a perfect fit.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So from E3 today we've had Palutena & 3 varieties of Mii Fighters revealed (and Dark Pit hinted at), the Smash Bros Invitational Tournament and now they've unveiled Pac Man is another new challenger and Mr. Game & Watch is returning as well.

Other news updates:

-Every character has 12 variations, with 3 different moves to chose for each customizable attack slot.
    -Mii Fighters are only available in With Friends matches online, not With Anyone.

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    THE GEMATSU LEAK WAS REAL!

[​IMG]

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    -Figure Players (FP) are basically enhanced CPU players that learn your play style, adapt to opponents, can use items and can act as tag team partners. You don't need to collect them all, but Sakurai will (as will I ;)).

They can level up to 50 and are better than Level 9 CPU players.

-Items can be equipped that affect attack, defense and speed of your player. Smash Run on the 3DS can be used to acquire these items and carry them over to the Wii U version. Likewise, customized characters can be brought across platforms.

11. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Um, never expected Pac-man to show up. Well, then again, Namco Bandai is helping out with this Smash Bros., and Pac-man belongs to them, I think? So from that perspective Pac-man makes sense.

Heh, this is like the proper way to do third party characters compared to the insult that was Street Fighter x Tekken (no idea about the game itself, but their version of Mega Man was... ridiculous, and their Pac-man didn't look that great either).

With the 3DS version scheduled for early October, think that's it for the characters? Or at least for surprise characters? Well, guess there's still maybe Dark Pit, but that would be a bit overkill, having Pit and Dark Pit at once? Though even during the Direct Link was not happy to see Toon Link again.

That animated Smash trailer was really nice- seeing Link vs. Pit with all of Link's tools in the mix. I was just still surprised that they had an animated trailer, compared to the earlier CG trailers. Too bad there probably won't be any animation in game, after they said they're not bothering with an adventure mode this time (since it would just be uploaded to Youtube in a few hours, and I can't blame them too much for that reason).

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The release delay of the 3DS and the release gap between titles was addressd by Sakurai at the Q&A and it's because they needed more time to bug test and balance the game and this way their QA team can focus on one of the titles at a time for the most part.

Sakurai also mentioned that this time they have 12 people working on the game balance, compared to the 4 from Brawl and Sakurai doing it by himself for Melee.

It's extremely unlikely any new characters are being added now- he even mentioned that Greninja was included based on Pokemon X/Y concept art since they had to choose their characters long before Pokemon X/Y was finished.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    From the Wii U thread:

14. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    They know my demands.

Captain Falcon, or Falco, or no.

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  16. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

Just like the previous pic, this is a thing of beauty. But seriously, Mario looks at all these third parties as if he's asking "What-a the hell are-a of a-you doing a-here?"

Also, that Mega Man Final Smash reaction of the Smash Bros invitational still gives me chills.

Nobody145 likes this.
  17. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, I saw the highlights on Youtube and it was glorious! Seeing the crowd react to seeing Megaman's Final Smash was cool too.

The next Smash is cutting back on a few characters, but its still a wonder to have all these characters in one actual game. That's four major game companies represented right there. Not that Megaman is much of a Capcom mascot anymore these days, but at least the fans remember Megaman (super fighting robot, Megaman).

Just another four months until the 3DS version is out, almost there.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Mario gets an Apollo Creed-style alt costume inspired by his NES Open outfit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nobody145 and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  20. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Now that's a great tribute right there.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    RETURNING VETERAN! CAPTAIN FALCON!
    [​IMG]

NEWCOMER! LUCINA FROM FIRE EMBLEM!
    [​IMG]

NEWCOMER! ROBIN FROM FIRE EMBLEM! MALE OR FEMALE!

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It wouldn't be Smash without a "Fal-cone...PAUWNCH!!! "

Todd the Jedi and Nobody145 like this.
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Man, they went with lame default Robin. I wanted bitter old man with scars Robin.

25. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

Darn it, Sakurai. Too soon.:p