main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Club Members of TTF

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Bodo_Janx, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    This thread is to annouce new members that have recently joined the Triangle Trade Federation. All TTF members need to help with welcoming our new members by posting a few kind words to this thread once an annoucement has been made.

2. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    It is my pleasure to annouce a new member of the Triangle Trade Federation.

Our new TTF member is: DARTHKNOTTY

This is DARTHKNOTTY's story:

In 1977, I was four years old, and full of imagination. I lived in Englewood, New Jersey, and my uncle thought it would be cool to take his hyperactive nephew to see this new science fiction movie about to be released. My mother, having already witnessed my attraction to comic books, thought it wouldn't hurt since, I had made it clear at an early age that I liked nothing about Disney movies or anything like them. Curtain opens, movie starts, and that was a wrap. I can't truly describe the impact that Star Wars has had on my life, and the way I think, act and coexist with others, all I can say is that it's big. The funny thing is, I have been meeting a lot of fans lately, as many as when I was in elementary school, trading figures, and we all seem to be the same kinds of people. Star Wars for me has always been sort of an escape for me, taking me to different places and seeing weird creatures and characters, just like any adventure weather it be book or film is supposed to do. But something about this particular story stuck with me, and my entire generation that I just couldn't, and quite frankly wouldn't shake. I stopped counting how many times I've watched the original trilogy probably when I was 20. Of course at that time I never thought there would be any reason to keep going, and that there would never be another film (HA!). I've gotta be somewhere in the thousands, and I was even lucky enough to attend all three Celebration conventions. I am kind of a collector (I say kind of after seeing some collections on Rebelscum.com...sheesh!) and I have scooped up many figures, both carded and loose. I have the majority of the original, vintage figures, the bulk of the Episode I line, and I am also the proud owner of two thirds of the Hasbro line of Revenge of the Sith products, so holler if need something! But really, Star Wars has been the one thing that has kept me in line, or better yet, out of trouble. I always try (TRY) to think like a jedi, even though every once in a while (mostly weekends) I let a little sith out! May the Fizzorce be With You! -Darth Knotty

3. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    DARTHKNOTTY:

Welcome to the Triangle Trade Federation family! We look forward to talking with you on our forum board and meeting you at our events. If you have any questions, please don't hestitate to ask.

Bodo Janx

4. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
  5. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Welcome DARTHKNOTTY! I hope you will feel at home and have fun with us.

6. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Darth Knotty!

Welcome to the TTF family! We are glad of meeting people who share the Star Wars fellings with this intensity.

LlorchTHX/Jorge

7. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    It is my pleasure to announce another new member of the Triangle Trade Federation.

Our new TTF member is: Aya-Na_Bashu

This is Aya-Na_Bashu 's story:

I am interested in costuming, my Jedi costume is in production and my lightsaber is almost finished. My other interest is the prequels. I've been following the saga since it came out in '77, but it's only been in recent months that I became so involved with SW. -Aya-Na_Bashu

8. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Aya-Na_Bashu:

Welcome to the TTF group and we look forward to meeting you at the August Meet & Greet Dinner. If you have any questions, please don't hestitate to ask.

Bodo Janx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.