New Computer Game & Cartoon Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Everyone take a look at the pic from a newly announced computer game that TFN just announced. Notice that the animation style is excatly the same as that of the cartoon series that we're all awaiting. What do you think? A tie-in to the series?
    [image=http://theforce.net//games/articles/images/planetaryforces.jpg]
  2. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the series. Unfortunatly I don't think there is much info on the PS2 game out yet.
  3. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    It was actually my speculation to Night4554 that it was artowrk for an upcoming addition to the Wizard's CCG rather than a PS2 game (gut feeling: the artwork is laid out rectangularly like a card game card)... but time will tell!
  4. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's about time we get another PS2 Star Wars game, we haven't had one for almost a year.

The fact that it's a Clone Wars game just makes me happier :D
  5. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    if it is a real game (i have some concerns) i hope that it will come out on PC
  6. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    It wouldn't be a card game. True, the art is laid out horizontally, but we're probably not going to see a card that has the name of the game on anything but the back, and then it would be vertical.

I hope the game itself mirrors the animation style. Maybe there'll be sequences specially created as cutscenes for the game. Plus they said it was an online game. Sweetness. Massive multiplayer planetary battles. Too good to be true.
  7. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
  8. AniSkylover Force Ghost

star 2
  9. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
  10. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    An online PS2 game, not an "online" game. The online PS2 games do exist now, you just need the adapter. ATV Offroad Fury 2, Socom, and NFL Madden 2003 are examples of the ones currently online.
  11. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, evidently the first TFN news report was wrong and it will be an online game and not a PS2 online game. Ah well.

My guess, assuming this is correct, is that it'll be like the Samurai Jack games that are currently available on CN.com.
  12. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    ah. So like a Java based game or something like that? That takes all the fun out of it.
  13. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, not much skill necessary. If it was like the IGPX game (which required some thought), then it would at least be reasonable.
  14. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, this is £40 cheaper than a PS2 game ;)

I'm not too bothered, as long as it's a pretty decent game.
  15. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    okay, sounds like an online game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.