NEW CONFIRMED BUILD-A-BEAR SW ANGRY BIRDS Saturday December 1st

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Nov 26, 2012.

1. VideoPrince Force Ghost

star 4
    Build-a-Bear Corporate has decided that they would like us to appear to promote the new STAR WARS ANGRY BIRDS Build-a-Bear Buddies at the WALDEN GALLERIA BUILD-A-BEAR on
    SATURDAY DECEMBER 1st, 2012. (This is the ONLY date. Friday and Sunday are out).
    We are looking at two 2-hour shifts, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM and 5:00PM - 7:00 PM.
    Plan to arrive between 1/2 hour to 1 hour before hand to allow for parking, transporting costumes to the back room to change, and crowds. There is a reasonably secure area to change and stow clothes, etc.
    Please post (or re-post) your availability and characters. Also post if you want to attend either the afternoon OR evening shift OR both.
    The store has received 4 of the 5 characters in time for this event: Luke, Leia, Vader and Stormtrooper.
    The Chewie bird will be arriving separately in about 2 weeks. Go figure.
    Last edited by VideoPrince, Nov 28, 2012
  2. VideoPrince Force Ghost

star 4
    Larry - Jedi Knight (afternoon or both)
    Janice - Emperor or Corellian (afternoon or both)
    Jon - Jedi (afternoon or both)
    R2 - himself (what he said)
    Kathleen - Jedi
    Norma - Sith (afternoon)
    Last edited by VideoPrince, Nov 28, 2012
  3. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    I have to work, so I'm out.
  4. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  5. quigonschuel Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm out, but I might bring my Padawan by to support the group later on!
  6. Mother_of_the_Twins Force Ghost

star 5
  7. MilosMom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  8. myhale99 Force Ghost

star 4
    Bummer, I'm out - doing the X-Mas tree that day.
  9. WookieeJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Dag nabbit.....of course its on only weekend IM out of town for nov/dec
  10. GreyGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I can do 1-3 as Sith
  11. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Roger Roger, Duck Dodger.... I'm in and available for both shifts with the droid. Jedi as usual.
  12. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Not available for this. Have fun, though. Date night for the grownups since the in-laws are in town.
  13. CapturedJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    will not be there. have to work
  14. 72Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  15. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I'm out. Too much going on in a short time.
  16. BPStoyle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Out. Have fun though!
  17. SirDraco7 Jedi Padawan

Sorry about the late reply but I had to check. I have a family gathering going on then. But not till 4. So I can do the first shift only. and As a jedi. Hopefully we don't have too many Jedi? lol
  18. GrandAdmDraco Jedi Master

star 1
    I need to stop logging in as my e-mail and do so with my name. lol
    Anyways What is the plan? Meeting time/place?

For anyone unfamiliar there The closest place to park will be the Jack Asters entrance. It's the upper level entrance that faces the 90. Walk in and turn right at the main area and build a bear is right there. If not then it's a left at the main area. lol I'm not 100% sure as I never use that door. That said that area will likely be swamped and finding late afternoon parking there will be near unlikely.
  19. VideoPrince Force Ghost

star 4
    Jon and Larry should be arriving by noon or slightly before with R2. Janice and Norma are coming together, Kathleen separately.
    Park at Jack Astor's entrance. There is no hidden or back entrance, so you'll have to go through the mall and into BAB.
    If you don't see anyone from the group, tell the BAB staff you're with the SW group and they'll sow you to the back room.
    We'll eventually connect.
  20. MusicalNeko Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Thanks for the visit at work! You brought a ton of joy to myself and all my coworkers!!
  21. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Great event. We were all very well received by both the staff and customers. Jess, good to see you, and good to see that a couple of geeks and a robot can clear the Genius Bar!! Had a ton of fun rolling him throughout the mall and getting stopped for photos. We directed quite a bit of traffic back to Build A Bear on the way and had a blast doing it. They sold quite of few of the Star Wars Birds - which of course, we too walked away with some SWAB items ourselves. All in all, a lot of fun had by everyone make this another successful mission.
  22. VideoPrince Force Ghost

star 4
  23. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Saw Larry and Jon at the mall last night. They were both getting mobbed on the way to getting a repair part for R2. Never underestimate the draw of some lightsabers and a droid!
  24. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
  25. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The first person who spoke with me on Saturday was a guy with his family. They were visiting from San Francisco and he asked if I was part of the R2 builders group. He had heard of us as there are quite a few builders in that area. He said I did a great job of building Artoo. Then told me that he works for Lucas Films/ILM as a mat painter (he worked on the Avatar movie).
    72Princess likes this.