main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY New costumes

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by thesilverspyder, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    So my wife and I both are going to be dumping a lot of money (SLOWLY) over a period of time for our new costumes. I wanted to check with Tilford first, but I've certainly decided my next costume is going to be a Jango Fett. I want to be a masked character. I've looked at all the photos from last weekend, and he and I are the same height and roughly the same build. I need to lose 20 pounds but whatever. I don't have his number and I wasn't sure if he checks the boards or not. How would everyone feel about having both Fetts at the same events, since, their lifespans don't cross each other?

2. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Whoa!whoa!whoa! Lois this is not my Batman glass! I think Jango would be awesome. We need some Prequel characters.

3. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Oh yeah, tilford would be totally cool with that man, thats a great costume. Just since the symphony event I count at least 6 new costumes in the works, thats awesome! pv

4. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    What should I buy first? I know my main expenses will probably be the helmet and the guns. And I don't have a stack of cash laying around for this one. What about this? CLICKY Keep in mind I know NOTHING about costumes like this.

5. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    No, no, no, no. As long as you don't mind getting your head chopped off during the Battle of Geonosis, then go for it. Boba does his own thing anyway. First of all, obviously weight isn't an issue since I'm not exactly the "Thin Man". Second, as long as people don't call me Jango, Jr., then I'm cool with it, but don't do it like I did. Get the right parts piece by piece from the beginning. And third, stay away from ebay if you can. I have all the info you need and where to get this stuff.

Here's is what you need to start with ---
    Join The Dented Helmet - http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/
    and peruse their forums. There is a whole thread on Jango. Check the boba stuff too because some of the parts are interchangeable.

People handmake all that stuff and they do runs of parts at different times, so you just have to catch them A) when they're doing it and B) when you have the money.

But here is the big one - to do Jango right, it will cost $2000-$3000. Boba is more like $4000-$5000 because there are so many extra intricate parts that need machined.

You just missed the sale of a whole Jango outfit, which sometimes happens, but very rarely. Looks like he probably sold it for around $2000-$2400. Check it out
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24088&highlight=helmet

That helmet on ebay is nice but with it not even being close to finished I think it's pretty overpriced. It does look like the oversize "mystery" helmet which is good but yikes on the $$$. There's so much debate out there about helmets it's not even funny.

I'm going to SLOWLY be upgrading my suit too. So if you find that someone is doing something good - for instance, gauntlets, darts, or jetpack - let me know and we can keep an eye out for what each one of us needs.

I will admit, I like being the only Fett, but Jango is really cool too and totally different, and I'd like to see one in the group since I can't afford to be both. And at least you're doing a Jango instead of "generic Mandalorian" which I can't stand.

Of course, which Jango will you be, Coruscant Jango, Kamino Jango (pre or post Obiwan fight) or Geonosis Jango? And, yes, they are all different. lol. Welcome to Star Wars costuming.

Good luck to ya!

6. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Ya know, and while we're talking about prequel characters, where is our freakin' Episode II Clone Trooper already?!

At least I know these are in the works:
    Qui-Gon
    Zam Wezzell
    Geonosis Padme
    Queen Amidala
    Jango Fett

But where are our Clones? Maybe even an Episode III shock trooper or Commander Cody?

And how 'bout some freakin' aliens??? After all, it IS Star Wars!!

Huh? Huh????? I need more fanfilm characters, people! Gosh!

7. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Well sithmonger in the next month we will also be adding 3, count em 3 jawas, and a tusken raider. Thier gonna look great! pv

8. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Yeah, I knew about the Tusken - forgot. And all i can say is, about time with those jawas! Oh, if only we had a real R2... :(

Guess I'm jumping ahead of myself. Can't wait to see all these new costumes!

And, hey, silverspyder, does any of that info help?

9. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Two of the Jawas are coming along nicely. They should be ready for action in time for the show next weekend.

10. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Ootini!!

11. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    That helps a great deal. I knew you'd know. I was acutally consdiering doing an Episode III clone trooper like Commander Gree, but I still think my frame doesn't cater as well to a clone trooper as it would to Jango.

and hey wait, I know who's doing Qui-Gon. Who's doing Zam Wezzell and Geonosis Padme?

9 New costumes coming soon?
    3 Jawas
    Tuscan Raider
    Qui-Gon
    Zam Wezzell
    Geonosis Padme
    Queen Amidala
    Jango Fett

12. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    I'll never tell.....

But stay tuned for these very important messages from our friends over at G.I. Joe, Inc. from someone who appreciates good accessorizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atXIKI2XHj4

and if that doesn't help, how bout some entertainment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJQcJBjObEc

Just because, man. Just because. Gosh!

13. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    Hey,
    I found these boots for my Jango. Someone else on the dented helmet is doing a run of custom made shoes for 235. These are $60. What do you think? LINK [image=http://images.journeys.com/images/products/1_59726_FS.jpg]

14. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    After you're done with that hard work you could use a nice body massage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww3GTNv9hHk&feature=related

15. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Well, I'll say this. You did good. Using those boots would be about as close as the ones I have now for Boba except the color is right on and it looks like it can be customized to match Jango's if customed heavily. The real boots are Kenneth Cole pit crew boots, but as far as I can tell, they aren't made anymore. The only really bad difference, which is why I can't paint my shoes to be boba's, is the seam that goes around the front. It would have to be removed to be canon and that's something you really can't mod. But you're probably not going to find anything as cheap that is that close and would do fine for now. Here is a good view of the kenneth cole pit crews and the movie shoes to show you the difference.

http://home.comcast.net/~lafonj/JangoBoots.jpg

So if you can find a pair of shoes without the seem then that would be ideal. The soles on those you found are almost right on though.

16. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Also-Pilot Padme from AOTC...

17. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Cool! Does she come with a magic button? That would be super!!

18. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    A guy on the 501st boards has pilot Padme pouches for sale. $75 each! Oww.

19. lil_trooper

lil_trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    hey i gotta question. i'm in the process of doing a bikerscout outfit. I'm only 5'6''(barely) what other troopers would be possible for my height, i dont just wanna be a luke/stormtrooper,lol. i know the bikerscout works because they're supposed to be smaller but i'd like some variety in my collection eventually. i was thinking about the airborne troopers.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/explore/sithsnap/2005/12/img/ep3_ia_96848.jpg

20. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    You know its weird but I kinda think of clones in the 6'2-6'6 range but stormtroopers in the 5'8-6'0 range.Clones seem more military minded than Stormies too.weird.

21. TKchris

TKchris Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2008
    I think we got a new TK trooper, too. At least that's what I heard. jk. and he's probably dying to go trooping and break in his new armor.

22. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Ouch. Never say "break" and "armor" in the same sentence.

23. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I think it is awesome that so many new costumes are in the pipeline. After my Revan, I was thinking about getting an imperial officer uniform. Anyone have a pattern or does anyone know how to make one?

24. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    There is a seller on Ebay(costumebase) that has them but the quality is so so. A members mother made her one but now it forever seems to be prom season and she can't make any more.Maybe this new company (Winlass?) will have a good set out around August.

25. MARA-JADED

MARA-JADED Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2007
    I do however still have a pattern and if anyone wants to wait until the fall then my costume designer might be available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.