main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY New costumes

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by thesilverspyder, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil_trooper

lil_trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    looks like i might be getting my biker scout helmet real soon ,yippie. Also, there's someone on facebook trading his chewbacca outfit(a really nice one btw!) for a PS3 80g. he/she doesnt care if it's used and they may go down a bit, like to a 60g.

here's her email. bloodwolf64@hotmail.com
    i'm betting some of you have met her, and have seen this costume. probably already know about it. I emailed chris about, b/c he and i had talked about a chewie outfit before. if anyone's interested here's the facebook link as well

http://www.facebook.com/marketplace/listing.php?classified_id=8427127831

2. TheSimi

TheSimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    Don't forget someone is looking at spending some of her tax return on starting a Boussh. Also for those going to Dragon*Con the Museum Replicas display will be showing there with some of the pieces that Lucas is officially licensing. So far the price estimates I'm hearing on those don't sound too bad. Kinda takes some of the fun out of searching for just the right parts though.

3. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Spence,
    Yeah we have seen this costume before and trust me when I say this thing isn't worth a Playstation 3, heck it isn't even worth a Playstation 1. It's really stretched out and you can see the straps on the arms that should be covered by hair. It's in really bad shape, besides you can get this costume new for bout 400 bucks on ebay, I don't know where they got the $800 thing from. But keep looking out man, I appreciate it! pv

4. lil_trooper

Sep 8, 2007
    dang! well i guess that sucks. I'm in the process of ordering two helmets( TB & TK).

5. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Not worth a playstation 1!!! ouch. Really Spence you can be any trooper you want to be.I've seen em in all shapes and sizes. On a TK you will get 1 or 2 inches in height off the helmet alone.

6. lil_trooper

Sep 8, 2007
    nice, because i just came into a TK helmet. but it doesnt have any lenses. it's a Don Post 1997 TK, and the lenses fell out and were lost, so i've gotta buy some lenses. i got the helmet for $23, it's genuine and looks great(other than the eyeholes, lol) i'm in the process of bidding on a TB helmet as well. As soon as the taxes come back this year, i'll probably get the armor for both.

7. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I will be having some green lens material very soon if you're interested. It will be left over from redoing my Fett visor, so I'll just give them to you for free. However, they will not have the bulge and you will have to cut them out yourself - I'm sure we have troopers who can help. Let me know. PM me if you like.

8. lil_trooper

Sep 8, 2007
    sithmonger you just made my day. i just got on to see if anyone knew where i could get some lenses for this specific model. thank you so much! lol.

9. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    No prob. I just hope you can use them. I'll let you know as soon as I have those pieces.

10. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Well, my wife has decided to go a different route with her costume choice. Last night we were looking through some of my guidebooks, and my wife decided she wants to do another costume. She saw the female tusken raider and just fell in love with the design. Now, we just have to figure out the basics. I've already done a bit of research, but I'll definately need to talk to Jared and Amanda.

11. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Thats very cool! Two tusken raiders! I think we are going to keep working on the Garinden. It's such a cool costume.

12. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Garindan is still definitely a costume to do. The more I looked at it, I've basically decided that I'd like to try one for myself.

13. lil_trooper

Sep 8, 2007
    hey, i've got a Kyle Katarn costume. i put it together after seeing an image of him and realizing i had all the clothing for that. i know it's not imperial, XD. but i think he's the coolest jedi. does anyone know where i can get a good orange lightsaber?

14. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    The Manager at Hoopers sporting goods in Paducah, named Michael builds some really cool sabers. I don't know if he still is but he might be a good start. pv

15. lil_trooper

Sep 8, 2007
    k, thx, LT

16. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I know a guy who is really into sabers but we are kinda on the outs right now. LMAO!

17. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    DarkLordOsiris, I'm glad your wife went with the Tusken - I kind of wanted to see that anyway. And I actually think you would make a great Garindan. I'm really looking forward to seeing all these great costumes.

18. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I Garindan t it!!lol

19. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Hey, silverspyder, I know you're working on a Jango. I saw this on the 501st forums and thought I'd pass it along. There's an auction for some of the parts of a helmet on ebay. Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Jango-Fett-Helmet-prop-Boba-Fett_W0QQitemZ140213557783QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

20. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    Thanks!
    But I've already got a bead on a much better quality fiberglass helmet that's all one piece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.