main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA New CR

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    I am going to be really busy starting in August and I will be stepping down as your CR. This was a personal decision that I have made and has nothing to do with anybody in the group. I want to open this thread for nominations for a new CR. We will vote one week after the 1st nomination is recieved.

2. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    Very sorry to see you step down. Personal business must take priority over fun. I know you will still be a participating member of our group. thanks Aimee for all your hard work.

At this time I would like to nominate Danny Vidal for the CR position. If he is willing to accept I believe his enthusiasm in Fan Force and all things Star Wars would make him a great candidate for the job. So Jedi Master Vidal; Do you accept? and do I have a second?

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Alas, poor Aimee...we hardly knew ye...

LOL sorry. Seriously though, sad to see you step down so soon :( Thanks for taking the job on and I wish you luck in your endeavors.

If you guys need any help with anything, please let me know.

4. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Thanks Aimee for a good run as CR. We've had some of our largest meetings under your watch, and we continue to grow.

I second Danny's nomination, he is a great candidate with a lot of love and enthusiasm for Star Wars.

I would also love to see more people step up to run for leadership of the group.

5. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Aimee!

Sorry to have you step down as CR, but going back to school is awesome.
    You really helped FanForce, and it will still be a pleasure tipping back a few with you soon at the next meeting.

6. Shaak_Ti_

Shaak_Ti_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2007
    I third the nomination of Danny Vidal.

Not only is he the biggest Star Wars fan I know, but he's on top of his game!

And I know cause I live at his house, he's always doing something Star Wars related. He sets events up and brings people together. He's a concerned person for all others best interests, very friendly and loves to be socially active.

Like he'll call you if you said your coming to something just to see if your alright.

He's organized, he has alot of energy and time that I know he would love to use towards anything Star Wars/friend related especially something like this!

WOOT!

Go Danny! :D *winks*

7. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    i wouldnt mind being CR. THANKS!!

8. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Wow, thats a swinging endorsement and one well deserved. Danny it is then! What say ye Rex?
    Much thanks to Mrs. Machalski for all her efforts and best wishes always to her future endeavors!

9. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Looks like we have our first comfirmed nomination!

Anyone else interested in nominating someone, or themselves?

10. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I Danny would do a fine job as well, but I have to throw a little into the mix and nominate our previous CR, Joe, as well. It is a hard toss up between the two of them and personally I think sometimes it is too mouch for one person to handle.
    So I will make it official and nominate Joe.
    do I hear a second?

11. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

Jan 2, 2007
    i nominate jole

12. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Thanks Danny but I will have to respectfully decline. I have too much going on with the family, kids FT job and other responsibilities being the Assistant Merchandising person in the Rebel Legion.
    I am sure that either you or Joe would do a great job

13. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Here are my nominations in no particular order:

Danny - great enthusiasm and a true love to all things SW
    Joel - great at organizing and wheeling and dealing to make things happen
    Troy - great energy, straight shooter, true builder of camraderie

Any of the newer people want to thrown their Jedi cloak into the ring?

Remember, no matter who the CR is, what we are as a group, is what we all collectively make it. Like any microcosm of society, there are people here we like, people here we could live without, people who have become some of our best friends, and people who drive us crazy. However we are all bonded by our fondness for all facets of the original and EU Star Wars universe, so let's not forget that.

14. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Joe for Prez of the US!

15. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I second that!![face_flag]

16. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006

Joel, he ain't talking about you. He is talking about [image=http://www.skinz.org/celebrity/angelina-jolie/angelina-jolie-wallpapers-5.jpg]

But hey, that would be jolie but whatever...

17. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

Jan 2, 2007
    DANG James you read my mind

18. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Danny...O Danny...We want Danny! We want Danny!

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Haven't seen Aimee step in, so I guess I will manage the elections if no one has an issue with that.

So it appears that only danny has been seconded (and thirded) so far?

Anyone else interested in running or seconding a nomination?

FYI I am not running :) I appreciate the nomination though.

20. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Well since you arent running....I will Second Troy's nomination just to add spice to the boards

21. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Joe thanks for running the elections...like I said I am REALLY busy lately with school coming in the next few weeks.

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Ok, it looks like our candidates are:

(opens envelope...)

Danny and Troy! Both members have been nominated and seconded.

We will start voting TODAY, July 14th, and the election will run for 2 WEEKS to ensure everyone has time to get on the boards. We will therefore end voting on Sunday, July 27th at 11:59pm, and will announce our new CR on Monday, July 28th.

Please PM your vote to "Meriwyn", our illustrious RSA. You can access her through her name link at the top of the page under "Northeast FanForce RSA Contact". She will independently tally the votes and announce our new CR.

Don't forget we have a meeting tomorrow at Vincenzos in Colonial Heights. Eddie, can you please post directions/number. Hope everyone can make it! They have the best pizza in the area! I will be bringing the whole family since my Mom and my niece are in town so they, Tracey and the kids will be getting their own table.

23. TD6829

Dec 7, 2006
    So...

Before I vote, anyone want to spout off and tell us why they should be CR?

Come on...let's see that mud slinging!

24. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Just what we need...more political Mud Slinging....as if we dont have enough with the Presidential Race...

25. TD6829

Dec 7, 2006

LOL!
    I figured that would get a response out of someone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.