main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Dark Horse Comic Series - Knight Errant - written by John Jackson Miller! With novel!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I've really got to get around to rereading JvS one of these days, to get a better idea of what Knight Errant might base itself on. When I first read it it was too depressing for me and wasn't really interested in it. Yes, it was a pivotal moment in galactic history, but there wasn't that much material in that era, compared to now when we've got quite a bit, and I'd definitely prefer to read the original comic rather than the... strange novels (finding out what happens in the novels from Wookieepedia makes it sound darker than the comic, and a lot more stupid).

Hm, interesting theory about Ieldis, but that depends on how much Sith lore has survived down through the ages. There's always some Sith artifacts or holocrons lying around somewhere, ready to corrupt more Jedi and create new Sith, but neither Odion nor Daiman seem the most... academic type, who would hoard lore, unlike say Haazen who was a long term planner. But it might be a pleasant surprise to see that behind all the insanity, these kind of sith lords also do their research, which would just make them even scarier.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Daiman horde ancient knowledge? Why would he? He created it all in the first place. :p

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    He thought a scavenger hunt would be a fun diversion.

4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Sounds more like a fetch quest to me.

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It is indeed possible that his subconscious mind could be playing tricks on his conscious, yes. [face_thinking]

6. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, Daiman doesn't care about "ancient" knowledge. All knowledge there is is only there because he imagined it. If he appears not to know something, then he is only playing along within the tenets of his Force vision. [face_laugh]

7. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    Its kind of ironic that the Jedi are concerned with keeping the Sith fighting each other when in the end its them uniting that destroys them.

8. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    since i couldn't find a thread for #4 i decided to put it here: preview's up

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    So we're getting in Lord Daiman's head? This should be interesting.

The art looks FANTASTIC! But 6 pages is too long for a comic I have a 100% intention of picking up so I skipped all of the dialogue. But the art has me salivating.

10. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Yay, preview, thanks for finding it! And huh, I thought there was a KE #4 thread, hm, let's see...

Ah, here it is. http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/31297972/p1/

I'll go post my thoughts on the preview in the other thread.

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Like I said in the other thread, it looks like Daiman and Darth Ruin drank the same batch of Kool-Aid

12. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Mentioned in the other thread, but I believe this issue also has a preview of the novel, which is due out Jan. 25. I don't know yet whether it will be a different part than was in #0.

I'll be doing a lot of media on the novel as well as appearances here and there -- so check my website, Twitter, and Facebook links below. I tend to update Twitter and Facebook more often than the main site.

13. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Mr. Miller- Do you know, is there any chance of the Knight Errant novel being released as an ebook?
    Thank you.

14. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    I haven't heard anything. If I do, I'll say so here -- this seems to be the thread for all things 1032 BBY.

15. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    That'd sure be nice, I'd love to have an ebook copy of the KE novel. Although I'll probably just buy a physical copy, as its only a paperback, and I hope it'll be good. The preview I saw in Red Harvest was quite... interesting, and I was eager for more (although slight spoilers for how Ablaze will probably end, but nothing too bad, just a glimpse of the status quo). Was that the same preview from #0, by the way? Oh, only a few more weeks to go.

16. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    The preview in Red Harvest is chapter 4; the preview in #0 is chapter 1.

17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Just caught something on Amazon: the Knight Errant book has a full-page, color excerpt of the comic series. (Which is really good for trade-sitters, like me.)

18. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    John, do you know if the chapter in issue 4 is a new preview from what we've seen before?

19. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    It's new. From chapter 3 -- don't remember if it's the whole thing. Chapter 2 has not appeared, nor the prologue.

And there are umpty-zillion chapters, so we're just getting started. Counting the comics section and the unnumbered pages, the novel is 416 pages, I believe.

20. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, wonder what's so important about the prologue then if it hasn't been printed anywhere. I've read both the Red Harvest and KE #4 preview, both chapters were quite good, along with portraying how hopeless this era seems. Wow, 416 pages sound nice. Just another week or so (although must remember to check my bookstore early, just in case).

21. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    416 pages? I like the sound of that. :D

I'm going to have to wait until after Feburary 16 to read it, though. [face_whistling]

22. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    It's quite short.

And there is no reason to wait until KE #5 releases to read the book -- I was aware of the ship date, and wrote accordingly.

23. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    If the writing's anything like Influx's- and given that it is the same author with at least one of the same cast, that's a very safe bet- then the Knight Errant novel is going to make me a very, very happy Star Wars fanboy. :D

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Attention UK fans, Book Depository is currently taking pre-orders for the Knight Errant book at a cost of £3.84!

Given most paperbacks in the UK are in the region of £7-9 and cost £5-7 online with discount, this is something of a steal although I appreciate not everyone has had as good an experience as I have with BD, nonetheless in this age of austerity....

John mentioning that the page count is apparently 416 pages didn't hurt either, though he does have a very good rep, there's KOTOR but there's also the Lost Tribe stuff too, which everyone seems to like and that's rare! :)

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't gotten into the comics as I will probably get the trade edition if I like the novel. I already pre-ordered the novel and another non-SW book from Amazon UK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.