main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC New DC Metro Star Wars Collecting Club

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedinerd, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedinerd

jedinerd Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2003
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a Star Wars Toy Collecting Fan Club started. Actually it didn?t happen to far away?.a new star wars toy collecting fan club based in the Metro Washington DC, Virginia, and Maryland area. Come to think of it, the club didn?t start long ago?.it is just now taking flight.

Hello Fellow Star Wars fans. Are you tired of endless toy hunts trying to find the latest Star Wars figures and coming home empty handed? Maybe you would like to split the price of a case of Star Wars figures with someone reliable? Perhaps you would just like to find people in the local area to make good trades with? And maybe you would like to have people you can count on who can pick you up a figure if they see one you are looking for? Well if this sounds like something that interests you, please join a brand new Star Wars action figure collectors group.

If you are interested in joining a Star Wars action figure club and you live in the DC, VA, and MD please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dcswcc and sign up for the list. I would really like to find fans of Star Wars and Star Wars figures who can help each other out so we can cut out overpriced figures on ebay. Plus it seems like more and more peg warmers are keeping us from getting the new figures when they are released. Maybe with a club like this we can help each other out and make sure we have a better shot at getting these hard to find figures.

Please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dcswcc to Sign up for the DC Metro Area Star Wars Collecting Club.

MTFBWY,

JediNerdz

2. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Roger, they posted here and we never even knew.

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    This is from a long time ago... I told them to post it but no one seemed interested. :( I've been on their list for a while. Haven't been able to make it to a meeting though.

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Hmmmm, well I will have to go to their boards later this week. Afterall, I need to start building an army of support so I can overthrow the wicked [this part edited to save mods the trouble]!!!

5. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Roger, you are so thoughtful. :D

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Well Roger and I just got back from the meeting and boy did we have great finds

Episode 1 Hat

25th Anniversary hat

CW Arc Trooper Value pack

Shadows of the Empire:
    Chewie
    Dash
    Luke
    Xizor

Animated Clone Trooper

POTJ Zutton

POTF Freeze Frame Han Solo

Episode 1:
    Comtech Reader
    Kaadu w/ Jar Jar

Star Wars Puzzle

Pewter Slave Lea

and I only spent 22 bucks

7. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    ?The Collecting Whore? strikes back!

Today?s acquisitions include:
    16! Stormtroopers
    4 Sandtroopers
    1 Snowtrooper
    4 Destroyer Droids
    1 Hoth Rebel Soldier
    J?Quille
    Princess Leia (hood up)* very hard to find
    Clone trooper Army (all white)
    Jedi Army 3-pack
    Jabba?s palace Court Denizens
    Gungan Scout Sub (in box but incomplete)
    Pewter Slave Leia

8. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    how do you guys find all these things?

If you have any extra Leias, let me know. :)

9. Darth_Slacker

Darth_Slacker Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Liz, they had extra everything. One guy even picked up an AT-AT... I wanted it but got beat to it :(

10. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    wow! and of course it would have to be a day that I had to work. figures. pun intended. ;)

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    The people at DCSWCC are completely awsome. they are a fun group with a passion for collecting that would make Crazy Mike look like a novice.

12. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    well that's great. my problem is I need money to be able to collect stuff...

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I don't know if I'd say they'd make Mike look like a novice but they are in his same league (i.e. bigger than my collection is several cases).

And as Tim said, they are a great group and very generous. I was afraid that it'd be a bunch of scalpers at first but they sold things for the prices they paid for them (less in some instances).

14. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Wow! That sounds pretty sweet. I'd like to go to their next meeting... Hopefully my finances will all be in order by then.

15. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    the report for Saturday's meeting is up on Rebel Scum.com. make sure you click on the pic

DCSWCC

16. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I want more Storm Troopers...

Oh Roger?

17. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Yeah Shawn. Well I still need more. :p

18. jedinerd

jedinerd Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2003
    Well Im glad to see there has been some discussion on the DCSWCC. Im Mike the founder of the group and I welcome any and all members of the Galactic Senate to come to a meeting and see what we are all about.

It was good to see Tim and Roger (met them at the Zahn signing) and a few others who have joined since we were mentioned in the Insider.

Currently we have 93 members check out the website at
    www.dcswcc.com

Email me if you have any questions;

jedinerdz@dcswcc.com

Mike

19. DARTHVADER33

DARTHVADER33 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    I TRY TO SIGN IN THE CLUB BUT SOMEONE REJECTED ME, WHATS HAPPEND?

I WANT TO BE IN THE CLUB FROM DC, IM FORM MEXICO AND I HAVE A FAN CLUB IN THERE

WWW.SWCUERNAVACA.COM

NOW IM HERE FOR A LONG, LONG TIME SO I WANT TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE A STARWARS STICKER IN HIS LIFES THANKS

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    forgot to mention that I just had a huge weekend in scoring some older figures...

Xizor
    Luke - Red Guard
    Luke - X-wing (to go with Biggs and Porkins)
    Dash Rendar (to go with Kyle Katarn)
    3 Sand Troopers
    and 3 others...

Plus my score from Arizona

I really should look into the NJSWCC...

21. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Tomorrow is the next meeting. 1300 in Mclean. I am going if anyone wants to carpool.

22. DARTHVADER33

DARTHVADER33 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    I CANT GO TOMORROW PLEASE ACEPT ME ON THE YAHOO GROUP LIST

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE ;)

23. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm not the person to talk to for that. Jedinerds, the starter of this thread is the man to talk to

24. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey! :)

I really wanted to go to this today, but I had some other obligations to take care of, and besides, I'm pretty short on money. Oh well; I'll make it next time. :)

25. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Hello again all. Yesterday's meeting was great. We had a presentation on collecting Autographs and Promo stuff and on the TCG, which most of us now well. I was able to get Sio Bibble and R2-B1 to complete my Episode 1 collection.

Vader, I talk to Mike at JediNerd at the meeting about you. he said he will contact you

Kenobi, the next meeting is on the 10th on May. if anyone needs a ride, let me know

DCFF has been invited to the R2DC event on the 25th of April. DCSWCC will be there and having a small half hour meeting there. anyone who would like info on that please PM me. Roger and I are the "liasons" for the DCSWCC to the DCFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.