main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN New Direction: Lighthammer72 to Co-Lead Knoxville FF

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    We had a good meeting tonight and I think we accomplished a good deal. For one, I will not need to step down. Lighthammer72 (aka: John) will be helping co-lead the Knoxville FanForce Chapter. With his help, we will still be meeting on the first Tuesdays of each month at 7p.m. at Mr. Gatti's. Basically, John has agreed to help me out in regards to my job's scheduling. Any meetings he can run that I cannot make it to, he will. There is no guarantee that John will always be able to make the meetings that I can't but heck, we doubled the odds didn't we? :D

I am going to see if it's possible to get John set up as a CR like myself. He is an active memeber of this chapter and I hope things can continue on with his help. I for one thank you for your help in keeping FanForce going in this area, and I am greatful to everyone for their help in geeting this issue resolved.

Also, due to popular demand and Brett's suggestion, we are changing the Chapter's nickname to "The KnoX-Wings". Pretty snazzy eh?

That's the news for now. Tommorrow I will put up information on our next meeting along with some information regarding getting a website started for the chapter.

2. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2002
    Meesa honored to be takin on dis aheavy burden. Meesa accept this with muy muy humility, and . . . am I fired?

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    No, you're still on board.. For now! [face_devil]

I talked with the RSA, and you should have your new setup sometime tommorrow. Appearantly, each chapter can have only one Chapter Rep, but you'll still get a custom title and color name text and all that for your part in helping out..

Isn't it wonderful?

4. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Sounds good....What was wrong with our old title, though?

Good luck in your new job, James!

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    It was the same basic complaints with Vol being in the title and such so as I had said in the thread, bring up a nick name you would like and we'll vote on it. Brett brought up KnoX-Wings, we voted on it at the meeting and it passed. I liked the new nickname too, so I voted for it.

It was a good meeting. Hopefully the next one on the 4th will be even better and more folks will be able to make it out. I have three Star Wars fans in my new job's training class, so I plan on telling them about the club. Maybe some of them will be interested.

6. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    The new name is kinda cool, even if it does remind me of my mortal enemies, the Red Wings :)

7. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Glad you're sticking around Jar Jar. You've put in a LOT of time and effort. Those of us who can't attend the meetings still recognize and appreciate devotion when we see it. Carry on!! Oh, and I LOVE the new name!!

8. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Don't thank me, thank knoxvillejedi. He thought it up and has helped a good deal in keeping me on track when I get discouraged from time to time. Heck, thanks to everyone who has come out to the meetings because they are the reason the effort is made. Star Wars has always been a love of mine and the folks in the fanforce group have managed to keep that part of it fun and worthwhile.

Everyone has been awesome. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.