main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Droid - BB-8

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I think I will pay someone to MAKE a BB for me. :p But that is pretty darn cool. I applaud folks with that kind of skill set.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

I expect JJ to follow the traditions of Japanese monster movies and Power Rangers, and BB will Inflate to a massive size in the final battle and roll over the Stormtroopers, crushing them all.

(And then Kylo with wave his lightsabre about, making Ching Kaching! noises and also grow to massive size... But that's another story.)

4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  5. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    That would be amazing

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    All that concept art of BB-8's double secret hidden compartment for lightsabres was just a load of wasted time for the artists involved then?

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he does have it for a time or was this a joke?

10. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

Check out MSW's description of BB-8's super secret compartments. Obviously not needed for the movie, just a normal compartment.

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    that's like saying r2 doesn't need all his secret gadgets because he doesn't use them in the first film.

12. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

Not really though. R2 used his gadgets eventually, obviously the need for a super secret lightsabre hiding compartment has passed.

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    what are you talking about? bb8 hides it.

14. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    (takes a deep breath) - There was concept art of BB-8 that featured a series of false panels hiding a secret compartment used to store the lightsabre. Obviously the need for such secrecy must have been for another plotline. In TFA Poe merely puts the lightsabre in one of BB-8's ordinary storage compartments. Thus all those concept art pieces were never required in the first place.

15. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    why not? it's still a secret. you have no point. they designd bb for more than just that.

16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    BB-8 is just an astromech droid. Normal astromech droids do not have special secret compartments designed specifically (see MSW's report) to house and conceal lightsabres. They obviously may well have storage compartments, one of which is used for the lightsabre. The concept art shows that there was obviously an alternate plot point that revolved around BB-8 being used to smuggle the lightsabre as part of a plan rather than a last ditch, off-the-cuff attempt by Poe to get it away from the F.O.

BTW, you really need to change your signature. It's kind of hypocritical...

17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    poe still does that. nothing hypocritical here.

18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I.

give.

up.

19. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    good. you've never once made an actual point.... aaaaaand 31 people ignored.

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    If you are going to ignore everyone you can't agree with due to a lack of understanding of simple points written in plain English then you are going to end up talking to yourself.

Seeher likes this.
  22. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    And if you talk to yourself, an admin will yell at you for quadruple posting

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Stop. It is counterproductive to hurl insults at people and ignore everyone on the forums while running about with a signature that makes it sound like you are forced to post here against your will. If someone has imprisoned you and is forcing you to post here against your will, subtly type a coded message and we will attempt to get you help. But, if not, please try to simply not interact with people you disagree with, rather than insult their posts and then block everyone. At some point, I'll be the only person you are actually talking to and, sadly, I am not that interesting.

TK327 likes this.
  24. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    So according to MSW's synopsis, BB-8 flies with Poe during the final battle and ends up with Rey and Chewie on their way to find Luke. Does that mean BB-8 belongs to Rey now and Poe will need a new droid to fly with on missions? Important questions...

25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm just going to assume that Poe and BB-8's farewell will be along the lines of this

First the X-wing, then the jacket, and now BB-8. Poe just can't have nice things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.