main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto New email addy (maybe he'll get an 'A')

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Dec 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    My annual account at Idirect is coming to an end, and I've decided to switch isp's.

I will no longer be recieving mail at trgiclad@idirect.ca - so please update your address books.

You can temporarily reach me at rob@anoch.com

Once I've got a new isp lined up, I'll let you know what my permanent addy is. Hopefully it will be something longer than 8 characters so I don't have to be trgic anymore.

2. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I've got my new ISP and am now on the Sympatico HSE.
    I can be reached at tragiclad@sympatico.ca

Woohoo - I got my 'a' back.

3. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    I wish you a better service with Sympatico HSE than the one I got.
    I was one of the first subscribers to HSE in Montreal, and I ended up ditching it for Cable once it became available on my street.
    I have never regretted it.
    However, cable in Montreal is not half as bad as cable in Toronto, I'm told.
    Different situations...

4. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    So far it's been a dream.
    I've been listening to uninterrupted radio, buzzing through all the graphics intensive sites that I'd skipped by in the past due to impatience, and watching movie after movie. I found a site that has streaming video of Yojimbo which I think I'll watch tonight.

The worst performance I've gotten out of this thing is 56kbs which is your standard dial up modem... only, I was lucky to get that with my standard dial up modem and usually had to settle for 33kbs. But I've had long uninterrupted periods of 1.4Mbs.

I realize some people on cable can do far better than that but for now I'm quite happy with these speeds. A fella I know who's a block away from me is on cable and loses his service for several hours at a stretch once or twice a week. I think I'll take my momentary slowdowns to regular dial up speed over that.

It really seems to vary from neighbourhood to neighbourhood. All I know is that I'm spoiled now and can never return to dialup. Guess the next step is to hook a T3 right up to the house. ;)

5. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm on Sympatico HSE here in Brantford and it's been great, too. Most of my friends have Rogers cable access, and their service keeps buggering up... yet I'm sitting at home, pirating away and getting games before they're released... ar, har har! ^^

Most of what I like is getting anime for free over the net... sure, I have to deal with the horror that is dal.net for the stuff, but hey. ^^

TS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.