main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New Empire and Rebellion Book Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Is Sword of the Jedi in the timeline for any recent books or do they not put things into the timeline until a few months before the novel is released?

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That. We don't even know the separate names of SOTJ's books, and they'd need that to be in the timeline. You know, it's odd. Unless Razor's Edge is in Kenobi's timeline, it's the first book in a long time not to have a new book in its timeline.

3. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Their profits went up. Random House gets 70% of the retail price for any ebook sale, versus about 50% of the retail price for print versions. And Random House prices the ebooks of their MMPBs at the same price as the print version.

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I would guess then it's because their sales have gone down.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    After skimming the last couple pages of this thread, I should say that the book is way closer to ESB than ANH.

Also, should we maybe edit the thread title so people don't think this is related to the TV show?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Full blurb for Honor Among Thieves from facebook:

"When the mission is to extract a high-level rebel spy from the very heart of the Empire, Leia Organa knows the best man for the job is Han Solo—something the princess and the smuggler can finally agree on. After all, for a guy who broke into an Imperial cell block and helped destroy the Death Star, the assignment sounds simple enough.
    But when Han locates the brash rebel agent, Scarlet Hark, she’s determined to stay behind enemy lines. A pirate plans to sell a cache of stolen secrets that the Empire would destroy entire worlds to protect—including the planet where Leia is currently meeting with rebel sympathizers. Scarlet wants to track down the thief and steal the bounty herself, and Han has no choice but to go along if he’s to keep everyone involved from getting themselves killed. From teeming city streets to a lethal jungle to a trap-filled alien temple, Han, Chewbacca, Leia, and their daring new comrade confront one ambush, double cross, and firestorm after another as they try to keep crucial intel out of Imperial hands.
    But even with the crack support of Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing squadron, the Alliance heroes may be hopelessly outgunned in their final battle for the highest of stakes: the power to liberate the galaxy from tyranny or ensure the Empire’s reign of darkness forever."

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    "Luke Skywalker's X-Wing squadron"

Sold.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Like I said on Twitter I'd like to see some sweet Dogfights between X-Wings and Tie Fighters.

9. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    "One thing she had learned in the two years since the Battle of Yavin was that knowing too much about Han and Chewbacca's non-Alliance-related business, past and present, just made her left eyelid twitch."

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ...yes, that's what I was referring to. Though given that they're already setting up Echo Base I think there's wiggle room for it to be at least a few months further than 2 ABY exactly.

eddie1969 likes this.
  11. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I fear it will be more of a cameo when it comes to Luke. In the Rebel era books it's usually Han who gets the writers attention...

12. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Honor Among Thieves is the Han-centric book, so yeah it'll be a cameo. Doesn't matter, though. X-Wing Luke, even for just a few pages, is still awesome!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. kataja

May 4, 2007
    I wish I could share your optimism...

14. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Optimism? Me? When it comes to Star Wars books? Hahahahahahaha.

Seriously though, just the mention of Luke's X-Wing squadron in the "Han" book blurb makes me smile .I'm waiting impatiently for more info about Kevin Hearne's novel, which will be Luke-centric and hopefully focus more on his piloting.

15. kataja

May 4, 2007
    The blurb reminds me too much of the CoO blurb...

But I DO look forward to Hearne's book!

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I am the only one who actually would want a trilogy of a Lando, Mon Mothma and Crix Madine novel instead? [face_dunno]

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Ree Yees, Ephant Mons, and Salacious B. Crumb trilogy plz.

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Those would make better comics. :)

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Salacious B. Crumb is the most underutilized character in the EU so I'll take what I can get.

20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    That would be awesome. A story on the break between Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis maybe?

21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/This_Crumb_for_Hire

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    A Lando novel is a thing that needs to happen. IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

cdgodin, blackmyron, krtmd and 3 others like this.
  23. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Edit:
    [​IMG]
    I want moar!

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Here you go.

[​IMG]

:D

25. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure Havac read those already. I think he'd like MORE Lando.

Havac and Zeta1127 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.