main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT New 'Enhancements': What would you like?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Sitara, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Ok so assume there are going to be new 'enhancements' to the OT. What do you want to see? Here are a couple of options i came up with that would IMO make the movies resonate more with the youth of today, tell me what you think:

-People say it was really anticlimatic when Vader just picked Sidious up and tossed him into the pit. I mean, that's it? The baddest boy of the OT goes out like that?

So here is the enhanced version:

Vader tosses Sidious into the pit...then jumps in after him. We get a close up of Luke's saber flying in after them as Vader calls the saber to him via the Light Side of the Force (he's a Jedi again now remember, redeemed and all) Sidious shoots a barrage of Sith Lightning at Vader, but he dodges in midair, then Luke's saber reaches him and he activates it and absorbs the lightning, Obi Wan vs Dooku style. Then he starts accelerating his speed as he falls This is all happening in mid air as they fall into the pit; kinda like Gandalf vs Balrog in The Two Towers :D

Then Sidious activates his own saber, and Vader reaches him. Duel of the Fates + Battle of the Heroes + Force Theme amalgamation kicks in and they have an incredible 8 minute duel in mid air, with both bouncing off the walls of the reactor shaft and locking blades and shooting lightning and sheeeit.

THIS is the duel the entire SAGA has been building up towards, the duel between master and apprentice, the duel of redemption and the destruction of the ultimate evil of the galaxy, and the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy

Vader gets off bad ass one liners such as: "Your powers are weak old man...they always were but the Shroud of the Dark Side blinded me like it blinded Mace and Yoda back in the day. (see this scene would create a bridge between the trilogies) Sidious laughs manically and screams "I'll kill you...but first, I will make you SUFFER"

Then he gets out another lightsaber from his other robe sleeve and activates both ends of it: It's Darth Maul's saber staff that Sidious saved for so many years. He then beats Vader with the staff in one hand and the single blader in the other. Vader is hardpressed to hold off this blitzkreig.

All seems lost, until suddenly in a flash of light Yoda, Obi Wan and Qui Gon Jinn appear in ghost form. "Meld with us Anakin, and reveal the true power of the Jedi Meld technique" They say, and then they all merge into Anakin, and he then fights with their combined dueling knowledge and technique.

Finally he decapitates Sidious, whose body plunges into the molten pit of the reactor shaft and explodes. Right before Vader himself is about to plunge into the fiery pit of plazma, he activates jet boosters in the heels of his suit, and rockets back to the top where Luke stands open mouthed in awe. "Well son, was that WIZARD or what?" Vader says?

Then the movies shifts back to the original scenes of ROTJ.

Thoughts?

I have ideas for other 'enhancements' if anyone would care to read them...

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Seagoat like this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    replace the replacement Hayden with Shaw.

3. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    o_O

You have a vivid imagination, I'll give you that.

5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Um... what?

6. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Eh, better than Greedo shooting first.

7. Sitara

Oct 8, 2001
    :lol:

kubricklynch likes this.
  8. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Undo the bad changes -- restore Sebastian Shaw as old Anakin, nix the Jabba scene, etc. Get rid of NOOOOOOOOO.

Fix the effects that are actually broken (most of them are on Adywan's list) -- such as see-through lenses in Vader's helmet, incorrect wire frame plans of the Death Star, incorrect Tie Fighter silhouette in the cockpits, etc.

Restore Greedo's scene to the original and leave it alone forevermore...

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Fix the bad lightsaber effects in parts of ANH, as well as the other times when Vader has a pink lightsaber.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I say yeah. GL literally brought the concept of remixing movies the same way the that you can remix music to the forefront of the zeitgeist. Star Wars movies particularly are now fair game for every little tweak almost anyone can think of. I think your suggested remix of this scene would be particularly expensive, but let's be honest, it's a much better idea and actually adds to the story, unlike GL's lowbrow "comedic" additions to the Mos Eisley establishing shot.

11. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Star Wars: The Anime Adaption

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    [​IMG]

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  13. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'd like a moratorium on enhancements for the next couple of decades. Let it be.

Star Wars age 9 likes this.
  14. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I'd like them to put the original lines back into the Emperor hologram scene in Empire, but with an Ian hologram.

Putting Ian in was a good move, changing the lines was not

natureboy76 and janstett like this.
  15. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    What did they actually change them to? I haven't actually seen the new version I don't think.

Yeah I think just put a stop to all the enhancements. With all of the great new special effects I feel that they're trying to make the OT more in line with modern movies, but in reality half the appeal of the OT is it's set where people have wars in space but still have a ship with an interior that looks 50 years old and worn out. Leave it be.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The changes never removed that "worn" look.

17. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I would like to see the Super Star Destroyer crash scene redone with CGI to look better. The bridge tower looks like a burning matchstick, then it crashes into the Deathstar with just a big poof of fire and it is gone. Just not done very well and could stand improving.

Also at the end of the Endor space battle, have some SD wreaks floating around, or show the Imp fleet getting caught in the DS2 explosion, instead of just disappearing in the film.

18. Tornado Wrangler

Tornado Wrangler Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 22, 2013
    How about a more climactic Vader-Obi-Wan duel on the Death Star? It could span across multiple rooms and decks, A real rematch to their duel at the end of RotS. Yes, I know Obi-Wan is old and Vader is mostly robot: but so were Dooku and Grievous. . .

Also, I think Anakin's ghost could be an aged Hayden Christensen. There's no reason why he should look like he's still in his 20s when he died an old man.

19. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Speaking of force ghosts......put Qui-Gon in with the other Masters and the real Anakin (Hayden)

20. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Just a few random thoughts.
    - Scene with Vader's return to Coruscant after the destruction of the DS in ANH. A chance to see the planet in military look, a scene similar to Dooku's return to capital in AOTC, only this time Palpy's apprentice failed.
    - Remade DS graphics during rebels briefing in ANH. Like Adywan's.
    - New Alderaan's and Death star's destruction sequences.
    - The whole OT lightsabers redone.
    - The whole OT puppets enhanced by CGI. Not entirely, off course, but tastely modified to hide obvious rubber parts.
    - Camera shake to ''Evasive action'' scene on star destroyer in TESB.
    - And, lastly for now, I'd visit movie mistakes web-page and redo all the mistakes.

21. Azure_Angelus

Azure_Angelus Jedi Master star 1

Sep 13, 2008
    If it could be done seamlessly, I'd change all the lightsaber duels in the old movies, and I'd changed unmasked Vader to an appropriately aged Hayden Christensen

22. kenwilliam

kenwilliam Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2013
    Restore Greedo's scene to the original and leave it alone forevermore...

23. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Definitely restore Han, and only Han, firing.

Maybe find a way to incorporate The Imperial March/Darth Vader's Theme into one or two scenes in ANH, without compromising the integrity of the already flawless JW score.

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I'll take any changes with GL's stamp of approval on them.
    My dream, though, is a saga with perfect audio-visual consistency. That's very unlikely to ever happen, unless the whole series is remade, but it's a nice thought.

- I don't want things to change.
    - Shut up and listen.

/LM

25. Sitara

Oct 8, 2001
    Also, Luke's X Wing computer targeting scene should be redone. The targeting computer view looks like something out of austin powers.

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.