main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX NEW ENTERPRISE PROMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by m0rpheus, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    A NEW ERA OF DISCOVERY IS ABOUT TO BEGIN:
    ENTERPRISE

I have just uploaded what has to be the coolest, and sexiest TV promo I have EVER seen.

You have to see it!!! You can get to it at our Dfwfanforce server:

http://www.dfwfanforce.net/downloads/ent_promo.html

Naysayers be damned!! If you dont have something positive to say about what possibly might be the BEST Trek ever, then stay the hell off my thread!!!

2. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Total agreement here. I saw the promo a couple of times last night, and I was impressed as anything. Could have done without the modern rock song on it (it's Trek), but it was REALLY cool. You can't tell much from it, but what I saw really has me thinking that they're doing something really special with Enterprise.

They seem to be really bringing back the sense of wonder and curiosity that is the core of Trek. It's a great concept, and the time period couldn't be better. We're going to be reintroduced to all the things we love about Trek, and see how things evolved from the very beginning.

I know Roddenberry wanted to show a world where humanity had evolved, and I think that was a mistake. If you make people perfect, no one can relate to them, and that is not the nature of man in any case. However, I think something that Berman and co. have gotten right is to show that humanity hasn't necessarily evolved, but is living in a society with much more optimism. Human understanding has become greater than what we previously had. And I think this series is going to capture that perfectly.

And we're going to see humanity and Trek take those "First few steps" that Picard talked about in First Contact.

I've really got some high hopes for this series now. :)

3. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Here's hoping....but, where are the Cylons ?[face_plain]

4. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    I just want to know one thing...WHEN IS THE FIRST EPISODE!!!! What day, what time! That promo was great!

STAR TREK IS BACK!
    STAR TREK IS BACK!

WOW!

5. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    sept. 28th
    according to startrek.com

6. Krosas

Krosas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2001
    Wow... I never would've thought that I'd find such great enthusiasm for "Enterprise" on a Star Wars board. You should go over to the TrekBBS at www.trektoday.com and help quash the bad feelings there.

Its crawling with folks who bash the daylights out of the show for violating the "continuity" laid down in a 30 year old episode of Star Trek.

I for one, love the look and feel of the show, let's hope it has the substance to back up the fluff stuff.

-Krosas

7. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    when i first heard of this show being a prequel, i was pissed too. i mean, the very premise seems too limiting and they'd be boxing themselves in again like the did in gilligan's island [umm i mean voyager].

-no technology that we havent already seen
    -no aliens that we havent already seen
    -and storyline continuity issues

however, the more i think about it, it would be nice to know about that "unfortunate incident" that led to the centuries of conflict with the klingons. and i would be great to have the klingons be our enemies again.

but this is what i want:
    -no transporters
    -no universal translators
    -no phasers or photon torpedos
    -no luxeryliner ship, like the 1701-D/E

-nukes. in the TOS they talk about the war with the romulans with nuke missiles in space. [they also had no viewscreens, and everything was VOICE only, tho i doubt they'll do that]
    -lots of vulcan arrogance and superiority
    -lots of first contact episodes with all the species we already know, romulans, cardasians, bajorans, etc.

i'm already disappointed with the new ship, it doesn't look pre-KIRK to me, and i hate the uniforms, too NG for me, especially the rank insignia being the same as NG. i don't like the name enterprise, it should be discovery or something more appropiate for what they are doing out there. besides, it wasn't in picard's "you broke your little ships" display on the 1701-E.

i just worry that they are gonna box themselves in a corner again, like they did with voyager.

but, it's trek, i'll watch it. i watched all of voyager even tho it blew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.