main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New Essential Guides or why bother?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, May 25, 2015.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't have the vehicle guides- but The Essential Guide to Warfare had some nice Vong ship pics in.

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I think the very first Star Wars book I actually owned was the second edition of A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, and that was where I first read about the events of Dark Empire.

A few months later, I got The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, and in addition to spending hours literally staring at all the schematics, it was where I first learned about TOTJ, JAT, and DE II, and maybe TAB and COPL too. Most of the stuff in there was from WEG but I had no idea at the time. But even so I think it was EGTVV that first established the Mon Remonda was destroyed during the events of DE.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd love a new round of essential guides, I wished we had gotten another round pre-EU reboot of content as many of them only were released after AOTC and ROTS and never got to covering the many EU stories after. I think it may be best to wait a while for the NEU to build first.

4. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    I only have the older Essential Guide to ships and vehicles and the New Essential Guide to Characters.

Would love to get my hands on either the old or New Essential Guide to weapons and technology.

Kind of iffy on Essential Guide to the Planets. I already know about Tattooine and the Tuskens culture from playing Knights of the Old Republic 1 and the original trilogy movies etc.

I am kind of disappointed with New Essential Guide to Characters anyway. No info on Nomi Sunrider.